Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

When on the 'Fire my Pad runs with the speed of a glacier going uphill. When "typing" it is often a word or four behind my fingers. I get thrown off pages because they are being "reloaded." It locks up like a Dutchman's wallet.

Anybody?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All the time, on any device I come here on.
This place really sucks anymore.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

When on the 'Fire my Pad runs with the speed of a glacier going uphill. When "typing" it is often a word or four behind my fingers. I get thrown off pages because they are being "reloaded." It locks up like a Dutchman's wallet.

Anybody?

Welcome to my world! But it's still a great site and the price is right!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Try Mercury browser on the iPad.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Try a browser called UC Browser, not many options on it but it works great on my kindle, also put add blocker for Android on it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Obviously hasn't been posted long enough for the villagers to arrive with torches and pitchforks to lead you to the stake for not heeding all of their past admonitions. "Firefox! Ad-Blocker! Ad-Blocker Plus! Ad-Blocker Supreme! Chrome! Ubangi! Uhuru!" smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I don't have trouble on any site but this one. On my phone, on my tablet, at work, this site gives me trouble. I don't think I should have to download 3 different programs simply to access and optimize my use of a simple internet forum. Trying to post comments here has become a real chore...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I-Pads & Android devices don't run on the internet like a PC does.

If you are expecting that it does, then you will be disappointed.

But I do run Firefox on my Android phone w/o problems, but it is not as fast as a PC even on WIFI.

MM

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
freakin freezeup chitty. Chitt has hit again.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I posted the above 15 min ago. Just now frees up.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Obviously hasn't been posted long enough for the villagers to arrive with torches and pitchforks to lead you to the stake for not heeding all of their past admonitions. "Firefox! Ad-Blocker! Ad-Blocker Plus! Ad-Blocker Supreme! Chrome! Ubangi! Uhuru!" smile

Yea, I know. I was hoping there'd not be a lynch party. wink

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Android phone and tablet with Firefox and Adblock. I don't know anything about iPhones or tablets. Laptop way faster but phone and tablet work OK.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I had an iPad and iPhone while living in Australia with zero issues. I had a Samsung while in Korea with zero issues. Now retired back in the U.S. and typing via 4G rather intermittently given my location in the boonies of far north Idaho via iPhone with zero issues. Same, same with my bulletproof laptop that has had zero issues since purchased in 2008 and running in rather rough environments in camps in Qatar and Kazakhstan. Lucky prikk I suppose.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Maybe it's the electro magnetic field aura that I inherited from my mother and that eventually destroyed any appliance in her use.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I started using Crome, for browsing it's faster but it does have a delay.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have an old, old iPad, and I don't even bother trying to use it for the 'Fire. My iPhone 6+ works fine (though the same can't be said for my eyes). I use Safari on both, but when I want to look around here I use my laptop with Chrome.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
C
ccd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Shut off/disable javascript on your browser,in advanced settings, before you visit this site and it should behave much better. Would guess that ad company is incompetent, as the redirections and slowness are most likely the result of the ad network being compromised.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
i have a lap top, a desk top, a Samsung pad, and a Samsunga 5 phone. I run Firefox and Adblocker on all of them and I have zilch problems here....???

Maybe try keeping your device cache and history down to less than a lifetime of accumulation? Or watch where else you might travel on the internet. There's some bad juju that you can catch if you're not prepared.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm looking at the Fire with a PC running Chrome and AB. Also just checked it on my phone and tablet running Boat Browser....with Javascript enabled on all. Nary a problem on any of it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ccd
Shut off/disable javascript on your browser,in advanced settings, before you visit this site and it should behave much better. Would guess that ad company is incompetent, as the redirections and slowness are most likely the result of the ad network being compromised.

Yes sir, have done that as Rick Bin advised. Maybe it has to be done repeatedly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 1234, 160user, 204guy, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,300 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,018
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.