Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It was a cop/member who cited a source claiming that 10% of cops are Narcissists.

I disagree only because I believe that true Narcissism is a very rare disorder. I don't believe that is just an extreme example of self centeredness, but a separate malady entirely.

We are all born self centered..... completely. A baby is only concerned with his own welfare.

Gradually, as we mature, we become less self centered. For many, the process is very slow and the result marginal. But that does not make them Narcissists.

Now.... the self absorption of cops as a group is very evident on this forum. Cops everywhere become an extension of the cop/member strictly because of the occupation.

When the death of a cop is noted with the establishment of a thread devoted to the event, we see the same accolades over and over...."RIP, Brother" being the most common.

Contrarily, when a totally innocent person is killed by cops, the reaction of the majority of our cop/members is to rush to the defense of the cop doing the killing, making HIM the victim.

But what is unforgivable, and all too common, is when they slander the actual victim by posting totally unjustified assumptions regarding the victim.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes".[Homeowner in Ft Worth raises his garage door to investigate flashlights in his backyard and is killed by cops at the wrong address.]

"Hang out with dopers and bad stuff is gonna happen to you". [Nine year old girl killed by SWAT team while asleep on the couch]

"His wife is just as guilty as him and will go to prison for dealing dope." [Instead, she was awarded almost 2 million bucks because of Tucson SWAT killing her ex-Marine husband after there was ZERO evidence of criminal activity by him, or her.]

The life of the Deputy recently killed by a Black thug in Houston was worth just exactly as much as the life of Jose Guerno, the ex-Marine killed by SWAT in Tucson, whom you slandered.

I'll mourn mine and allow you to mourn yours without any slander on my part.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agreed. With all of it. Wholeheartedly.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Actually the most narcissistic people are drunks. All they care about is being drunk. They drive drunk and kill people buts it's the bartenders fault for serving them.

I have seen you post about your five DWI's. In those post I have seen you state "not once did they try to help you". To this day you still blame the police for not stopping you from the bottle.

Every DWI someone talks about getting they had half a beer and failed to use a turn signal. They always just blow over the legal limit which is only two sips of beer.

I could go on and on ..it's never a drunks fault

Dink

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Dink.... you are certainly aware of the fact that YOU ARE A LYING SON OF A BITCH.

But....... for any newbies who may not know.... DINK IS A LYING SON OF A BITCH.

Now... the part of his post that is true is his claim that I posted once that I had five DWI ARRESTS. I only revealed that to bust a bullschidt claim DINK made regarding drunks and DWI's.

The claim that I ever blamed ANYONE ELSE -much less the cops - for my drinking is just a flat out bald faced lie.

And... you don't get sober and remain that way for over thirty years by blaming anyone else for your drinking.

In THIS instance.. it's the ex-drunk telling the truth and a cop that's lying out his ass. You folks in his area better hope this worthless bastard never stops you. You won't recognize yourself from his arreast report, I'll bet.

Last edited by curdog4570; 08/30/15.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Lol....still can't take responsibility for it...

It's ok. It's my fault. Feel better now?

Dink

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"The claim that I ever blamed ANYONE ELSE -much less the cops - for my drinking is just a flat out bald faced lie."

And you are doubling down on your lies.

Remarkable.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I don't have time to go through your post to find it but you posted it. You know you did.

In the very same thread/post you stated all the courts/Goverment/cops wanted was your money.

It's ok though. I know it's not your fault.

Dink

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Just like every time you've been in jail it was someone else's fault or trumped up bullchit. Once....maybe. Twice....nah. Three times....hell no. Four, five, six, seven, eight times.....give me a phugg'n break!

Doesn't take a bloodhound to follow your track.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Was just reading in the paper this morning that a new trend is developing with the public's use of mobile phones and other devices taking video of arrest.

Its becoming an almost automatic arrest for interference and resisting arrest with the police impounding the devices.

Phil

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
^^^

lol..

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
And... you don't get sober and remain that way for over thirty years by blaming anyone else for your drinking.

That is a remarkable achievement..

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Just like every time you've been in jail it was someone else's fault or trumped up bullchit. Once....maybe. Twice....nah. Three times....hell no. Four, five, six, seven, eight times.....give me a phugg'n break!

Doesn't take a bloodhound to follow your track.

I was actually thrown in jail exactly eleven times. Eleven different jails in four different states.

Only one was outright bogus. That was in Oakley Ks. when I was 16 Y O.

Only got roughed up by cops, AFTER I was handcuffed, one time. That was in Banning Ca. Other times, they tried to goad me into giving them a reason to beat up on me, but I didn't fall for it.

Now... that's the straight of it, and I've never posted otherwise.

So..... that makes you a lying son of a bitch as well.

Is it just a "cop thing"?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DINK
I don't have time to go through your post to find it but you posted it. You know you did.

In the very same thread/post you stated all the courts/Goverment/cops wanted was your money.

It's ok though. I know it's not your fault.

Dink

You have time to slander. Take the time to back up your lies.

You know you can't.

As far as the DWI deal being a cash cow for local attorneys [not cops/government as you state] I DID make that assertion.

The fact that I only had three misdemeanor convictions for DUI indicates that if you earn considerably more money than cops, you can avoid a lot of schidt by hiring a good attorney.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why would anyone believe any of that?

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I was actually thrown in jail exactly eleven times. Eleven different jails in four different states.

Slow learner, eh?....lol

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper
Why would anyone believe any of that?

Because, by God, I said it.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
"Because, by god, I said it"

You ignore the fact that any sentient being considers your diatribes to be totally mindless.

Good job on the sobriety, too bad the loss of brain cells is irreversible.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
"Because, by god, I said it"

You ignore the fact that any sentient being considers your diatribes to be totally mindless.

Good job on the sobriety, too bad the loss of brain cells is irreversible.

mike r

YOU ignore the fact that I've personally spent time with over a hundred of these forum members over the years, and my word is certainly good enough for them.

And the opinion of nameless, faceless, cops on an internet forum means nothing to me.

But..... the fact ALL my detractors on this thread have identified themselves as cops at some time or other pretty much proves the point I made in my OP.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Narcissists.

I disagree only because I believe that true Narcissism is a very rare disorder.

Well, you're wrong right off the bat. "True" narcissism is not uncommon at all. What is uncommon is for is for them to really matter to most people. They are just shrugged off as dickheads.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Narcissists.

I disagree only because I believe that true Narcissism is a very rare disorder.

Well, you're wrong right off the bat. "True" narcissism is not uncommon at all. What is uncommon is for is for them to really matter to most people. They are just shrugged off as dickheads.

So..... where is the dividing line between self centeredness and Narcissism?

We encounter people all the time with varying degrees of self centeredness.

But Narcissism seems to me to be like pregnancy.... a woman can't be "a little bit pregnant".

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
239 members (300_savage, 1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 38 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,641
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.