Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Using the Tamron 28-300mm Di VC PZD lens as a Macro lens.

Going out into the world with an “all-in-one” lens is a great way to reduce the things you carry as well as the weight you carry in your bag. I am a huge fan of the Tamron 16-300mm Di-II VC PZD lens on my APS-C bodies. I do like to have that same convenience in a full frame lens as well. I have said before I will only use a lens that will meet my expectations for sharpness, and versatility is a great bonus with this lens.

I lead a workshop to a local garden last week and made the decision beforehand I would only carry one lens and body. I wanted the highest quality image and would be shooting some wide angle as well as close up images. My choice was the Tamron 28-300mm Di VC PZD lens on a Nikon D-800. The lens weighs only 19 ounces and is only 3.8 inches when retracted. I like having the lens lock as well when traveling so it eliminates the chance of the lens being extended accidentally when removing it from the bag or catching something as you walk by it. The lens is capable of shooting 1:3.5 at a minimum focusing distance of 19.3 inches. That means at minimum focusing distance you can fill the frame with a subject that is only 3.5 inches wide! The lens has Vibration Compensation and the PZD motor, which makes it very fast to focus, quiet, and compact.

If you are looking for a Full Frame “All-in-One” lens that not only produces sharp landscapes but macro images as well, the Tamron 28-300mm Di VC PZD lens should be your choice. Give Mark a call at Camera Land and get your lens ordered. Make sure you let him know you are a member of the Campfire for the absolute best pricing opportunities as well. Get all the gear you will need for your fall shooting.

All the images were photographed using the Tamron 28-300mm Di VC PZD lens.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.
GB2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm on a couple different photography site's and the wisdom I get there is that photo's like you show with your zoom Tamron lenses are not possible with a zoom but must be done with a prime lens. Love seeing your photo's!

Last edited by DonFischer; 08/31/15.
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks Don for the kind words. Often people will post how things are impossible to do, but have never tried it. I find it all the time when people talk about a lens doing this or not doing that, but when you ask them how they were shooting it, they respond they had never tried it! Good quality glass and good technique will get a good image every time. I used to never use zooms in the days of film but they have come so far, one would be remiss if they didn't give them a try for themselves.

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
116 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 17 invisible), 1,362 guests, and 726 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,851
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.