Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Even without charging money, “publishing” copyright material without the written permission of the copyright owner is illegal. If you publicly offered to send it to anybody who asked, that would probably be considered publishing.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I've only been shooting for a few years, but I'm where I am in life (which ain't bad) because of Peter Egan's writing in Cycle World and Road & Track. Started in on that when I was 13. He's faded in recent years, but it'll be a huge loss when he is gone.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
S
Well, for some reason, I don't have an edit option for my post, so please pretend there is a line crossing over the sentence about sharing what I have with others.

I hope everyone realizes I didn't have any nefarious intentions and just hoped to help others. My apologies to those who may have been offended by my post. I appreciate the legal warning.

Sincerely,

Mike

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Interesting that no "gun writer" commented on the OP. Speaks volumes...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Ed,

Evidently you missed the 5th post on this thread:

“I would like to see a collection of his pieces too, but doubt it will happen, for several reasons. First, books of hunting/shooting essays and stories don't sell very well, unless the author is quite famous--which leads to the second reason. Gary has been gone a decade now, and wasn't writing for a while before he passed away, so isn't exactly a well-known name among today's readers. Third, there might be complications due to copyright ownership.”

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Of everything I read that Gary Sitton wrote, I remember best his article exposing the funds raised by anti-hunting groups and how little they actually spent on animal welfare. It was a damned fine piece of investigative reporting, and it was written in a clear, straightforward style that was easy to read.

Other outdoor writers, including me, used quotes and data from that article for years.

He spent his final years in Tucson, and was a good friend of one of my friends. He also attended a party at our home and we bumped into each other infrequently around town, but I can't say I ever got to know him.

Bill Quimby

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,314
Posts18,468,326
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.