-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Plenty of .22lr. CCI, Winchester, Aguila.. for $15/100.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hopefully those selling it left with the same amount with which they arrived.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Reality check- the shortage is over. DONE! Time to stop complaining and get to shooting. And forget about Walmart. Many good places to buy for a fair price. Even Cabelas is stocked to the rafters with 50, 100, 300, 500 and 1000 packs. Junk, good, match and hunting ammo. No problem finding any of it. Even 22mag is back.

What you dont see yet are price wars or loss leaders. I mean big places selling at wholesale or below just to get customers in the door. That is a hoarding opportunity and right now it is just honest and fair pricing for anyone who takes time to look.

End of rant, but really.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Again I ask - how can places suddenly now have stacks and stacks of .22 when before no one anywhere could get any at all?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Hopefully those selling it left with the same amount with which they arrived.

They were all doing the same thing. $15/100. Took a young fella with me to the range today and shot the heck out of my new to me MKII with stuff I bought elsewhere and was very happy.

The money we didn't spend on the overpriced gun show bullschit paid for a very nice bbq lunch before the range at The Pit.
http://thepitbarbq.com/site/

And.. Oh BTW, I am now another believer in the Aguila ammo. Shot the kids' Ruger 10/22 next to us and let them shoot the MKII. I was picking spots in the bullseye to blow out with a stock 10/22 and a $100 Nikon rimfire scope at 50 yards.

If you find some of that red box Aguila at a good price, go for it!
Just sayin.

Last edited by local_dirt; 08/31/15.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by fourbore
Reality check- the shortage is over. DONE! Time to stop complaining and get to shooting. And forget about Walmart. Many good places to buy for a fair price. Even Cabelas is stocked to the rafters with 50, 100, 300, 500 and 1000 packs. Junk, good, match and hunting ammo. No problem finding any of it. Even 22mag is back.

What you dont see yet are price wars or loss leaders. I mean big places selling at wholesale or below just to get customers in the door. That is a hoarding opportunity and right now it is just honest and fair pricing for anyone who takes time to look.

End of rant, but really.

It depends on where you live and how many shooters are competing... Not much makes it to the shelves in MN and we have federal in out back yard

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Went to a gunshow last weekend looking for odds and ends. One guy had a table of Win 100 round packs that Wally world has had in stock lately for about $9. He had them listed for $18. Never saw anyone linger for too long. I hope he bought them on plastic with a 24% APR.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Local_dirt: I am curious - what do YOU think of that 22 L.R. ammo for 15 cents a round?
I think it stinks, personally!
This "shortage"/"price gouging" has been going on for 36 (thirty six) months now (since October of 2,012)!
What is causng this?
Is it due to the closing of the lead mines in America, barrack hussein obama's administration, the ammunition companies "monopolizing" prices/production?
I don't know whats causing this situation but I do know it has "hampered" my style for WAY to long now.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Of all the people here varmintguy you should know by now that shortage is 100% caused by hoarding... when you have millions of guys stocked up with tens of thousands of rounds of ammo, the production lines just can't keep up.
maybe you just don't what to know.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Local_dirt: I am curious - what do YOU think of that 22 L.R. ammo for 15 cents a round?
This "shortage"/"price gouging" has been going on for 36 (thirty six) months now (since October of 2,012)!
What is causng this?
Is it due to the closing of the lead mines in America, barrack hussein obama's administration, the ammunition companies "monopolizing" prices/production?
I don't know whats causing this situation but I do know it has "hampered" my style for WAY to long now.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG, I can't find one damn reason to buy any ammo at gun shows anymore, and I haven't bought a gun at one in years. Came close a couple times lately, though. Prior to that, last gun I bought was my Mosin Nagant for $74 or $76, I forget which. Hex receiver, all matching numbers.

They can damn sure keep their ammo at those prices. I hope they choke on it. I'm getting all I need following a couple websites that scour the internet for the best prices and then spoonfeed it to you by caliber, price, bullet weight, mfgr. Makes it REAL easy to weed out the gougers.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
What is causng this?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You're just looking in the wrong place.

Just now, I found Fiocchi HS HPs for $91.75 for 1000 rounds, delivered. Another big www seller has CCI SV for $3.66 per 50, limit 10. Shipping on that one is a little high but still comes in at about .10 per.

Took me all of about 3 minutes to find. I didn't order either as I have enough for now, and my rifle prefers RWS SS HPs, for which I gladly pay .15. I know where to get that too.

What fresh Hell is this?
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
You're just looking in the wrong place.

Exactly. For cheep prices I have seen, in store as low as 5-6 cents by the brick or bucket. Blazer and that dirty Remington stuff for two. Folks are ordering cases on line, from match grade to plinker grade. Not bricks, but cases. You do have to look. There is easily a dozen big and well know suppliers. They run out, get more in. Shipping goes way down (per round) with the big orders.

I got a shortage theory. I had a club member tell me if I needed 22 ammo he had 1000's of bricks at home. Later confirmed by another member. And he is till buying. He is not alone. He is not scalper. Nice person, all day long, but you ask where the ammo goes?

This stuff does not all last forever. During the shortage, I started shooting up old 22LR I had dating back to the 1980. One brand of Winchester was 50% misfiring. Another had the bullets turning white with corrosion and I gave that away. Some worked ok too. One very inaccurate and maybe always so or the velocity had become erratic. I gave that away also.

Another problem with hoarding too much, is needs and wants change. I shoot hornady vmax 22mag which did not even exist when I got two bricks of SuperX and one brick Federal 22mag. Year unknown, but long before any shortage scare. That is 1500 rounds 22mag, I may never use. You can see 22mag shortage did not stop me from shooting, but I waited 6 months to find any 30 grain loads to try in my latest gun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And....courtesy of Mule Deer's article on beating the rimfire shortage, any desire I may have had to pick up another .22 mag has been quenched by his .22 mag equivalent loads for the Hornet and .223 using commonly available components. As he noted in his article, those loads do about as well as the mag performs in many rifles (certainly as well as the two rifles I had). You can buy a lot of powder, primers and cheap, .224 bullets for the price of even a cheap rifle. If you figure in the cost of gas, Gunshow admission and the time you spend going there (or hanging around the counter at What-a-Mart), I think you come out ahead.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pappy ... which rag? Would like to read it.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well said fourbore, and he's not the only one doing that kind of hoarding.

Last edited by Outbackandy; 09/09/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Handloader 290, June 2014.

You're welcome.

Last edited by Pappy348; 09/09/15.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ran down to my bench today and cranked out 20 .22 Hornet loads with 46gr Speer flatpoints over 8.5gr of IMR 4227. 10 with CCI 500s, 10 with F100M. I'm as interested in component flexibility as much as any difference in accuracy, within reason.

I chose the FPs over the Remington RNs John used because I figure the flat nose should put a little more smack on critters, and I've got a few hundred. Ought to kill a turkey as well as squirrels.

Last edited by Pappy348; 09/10/15.

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 3,256 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,590
Posts18,454,293
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.