Print Thread
Hop To
#10360396 08/29/15
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I have been getting AUDIO ad's with no warning, no visible, and sometimes no English. When they start, I X out you web site and they go away. This site is slow and seems to stall out a lot.
I am on many other outdoor sites and this this the only site that I have problems with. Yes I've cleaned the cookies. You need an upgrade..

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
GB4 (EMPTY)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wyo:

What say we take a deep breath and a step back. I too was experiencing horrendous problems for weeks. But fortunately I was able to resolve all and now it function equally well in all aspects with no adverse problems.

The whole matter of computers/internet is increasingly becoming complex. Plethora's of providers, systems, face book's,I-Pads, Booklets and the ad finituim minvewntuins.

Suffice it to say that I had my problems. They turned out to be MY fault. First I had more than one user name and pass word. Second I was not being hacked at all. Third after all precautions and due diligence my access is easy, reliable, fast and entirely satisfactory. There are work abounds to all problems.

I'll be happy to work with you to resolve any issues.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Mr. Tibbe; Breath taken,

What are you saying?? "First I had more than one user name and pass word"
I have one name and password on this site. Should I have more??
The hacking in some way, could be me, or this would not be happening. As I said I am on half a dozen or more other sites and there is no issues.
My internet is as fast and reliable as you can get in this town.
My security is and does run, in my opinion well
My turn, are you the "web Master"?
I have read others on this site having problems also. It's not just me.

Suggestions welcome.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You should have only one user name and password here. More confuse and cause problems.

There are numerous devices now, desk tops, lap tops, those little thingamajigs; tablets, I PADS, I PODS, Kindle ------

This has been culled over many times.

First Internet Explorer MSN is poor and a chronic problem. Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome work trouble free.

Cleaning out cookies helps.

Downloading "adblocker" cleans up the system;

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...hp....0.0.0.5010...........0.amGDko-3Fjg

I had problems too and did the up referenced procedures. I'm now totally free and running fine, no problems at all. And I log on automatically. NO pop up ads at all.

Other areas of this website function fine without problems. It is only this particular series of hunting threads, with so many ad's, that experiences those horrendous problems if not dealt with properly.

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 08/31/15.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thread title sounds like a response to the "Now that we know what..." thread in the miscellaneous section.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I have downloaded Mozilla and will try running thru it for awhile. So far It's good. Couldn't believe a different one would make a difference on just one site.
Thankyou for your help.

Last edited by wyowinchester; 08/31/15.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Mr. Tibbe
I have been running Mozilla with all the outdoor sites I watch. I have seen very little difference in speed and operation, except 24 hour campfire. It is hard too believe that this one thing [explore to Mozilla] solved my biggest whine with this web site. Thank you for your advice.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wyo

Glad something good happened.

Bill

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
159 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 13 invisible), 1,471 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,904
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

ROW 1
ROW 2
Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
ROW 3
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
TD RANDOM