Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Who uses them?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just put an HHA 3019 on a new bow.....getting accustomed to it....takes some time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Love my HHA XL5519... Been using the HHA for three years now and I don't miss the multi pin sights and have no plans to ever switch back.

Last edited by MOGC; 08/22/15.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've used single pin sights for 15 years now
Montana black gold it great. I now have an accutouch which has click adjustments for each distance. I can choose any range from 20-80 yards in 5 yard clicks. Don't even have to look at what I'm doing just count the clicks.

It seems overly adjustable when new, but once set up its pretty darn nice. The first couple months I was on the edge of switching it back to the Montana black gold.

However right now, that it's dialed in I really like it a lot.

On my other bow I have a trijicon which it very nice but way to expensive to be attractive to enough shooters to be popular. I like the nuke pin that is bright all the time without batteries. The dial adjustment broke on me after 2 years. They fixed it free and returned it within 3 weeks. Some screw stripped out in the mechanism so the yardage dial just spun.

I've had many others but that was long ago. These are the three modern or current versions I've used.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
HHA Optimizer Lite Sight - OL-5519 LH This is the one I'm thinking of switching to

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
MBG Ascent Ambush.

I'm a newbie but I really like it. Remains to be seen if I screw up with it this season but I'm training the brain....

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I DID. It broke at a bad time. It was great other than that.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maann!

Don't be telling me that with season only six days away! crazy

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Montana BG Ascent 3 pin. Fixed pins to 40 yards, bottom of the three pins becomes the rover after 40 yards. The whole housing moves, with all three pins, but I haven't had a problem with them, or confusion on a target.

I've used the HHAs single pins, and the G-5 Optix RX with three pins and the floater.

Watch you quiver mount with the HHA, it may not clear the bar. I owned a couple, and the quiver clearance was a problem. Spacers solved it, but the quiver was quite a way out from the bow, and threw the balance off for me.

Last edited by AH64guy; 08/23/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Maann!

Don't be telling me that with season only six days away! crazy

Lots of my friends use them with no problem. I just can't have something after it leaves me in a bind.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I switched from a multi-pin to an HHA last year, so I far like the clear sight picture of a single pin.

Dave

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I'm not really a bow hunter, though I do bow hunt. I switched to a single pin 8-10 years ago. One thing I did, just in case I needed it in a hurry, was made second mark lower on the vertical pin. I usually leave it set at 25 yards (unless I'm sitting on a defined trail). I made a mark where I can use that at 35 yards, if I don't have time to move it. It's basically a +10 mark until I get to long ranges.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I use a Truglo Range rover single pin, I love the open field of view it presents. I was having trouble with a fixed three pin blurring on me because the pins were so close, and was unable to make out my target. I killed 2 deer last year with the Truglo and will be using it again this year. I usually leave it set at 20 and adjust accordingly as needed.

Fück Joe byron
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I had a Cobra single pin on the old bow and an HHA on the new bow, they work well for me.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
HHA with the .010" pin, love it and wouldn't want to use anything else.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What we really need is a fixed ,010 20 yard pin and then a moveable .019 pin for everything else.

In a tough housing that can be range adjusted with a bow mounted quiver and hold a light on the riser side of the housing

That's the sight I've been wanting

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've never tried one. How quick/easy is it to change yardage if your target moved or another one came into view? Is it something you could do at full draw?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
I've never tried one. How quick/easy is it to change yardage if your target moved or another one came into view? Is it something you could do at full draw?

Taco, it would be near impossible to change yardage on a fixed sight at full draw. But my theory is if i'm at full draw I have already committed to what I am going to shoot and would follow through with the shot.

Fück Joe byron
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
been using the HHA 5519 for several years now and prefer it over multi-pin sights. Very simple to change but you won't change it when at full draw and don't know why you'd ever need to.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve been using an HHA single pin for a few years now. The multi-pin sights where just too confusing and cluttered. Now I sight in for 30 and can generally hold straight on for 25-35. I hold a few inches high at 40 and a few inches low at 20. Although I practice at longer distances, and have some settings I could use and move the pin, those are only intended for shots at game already wounded.

In reference to AH64guy’s comment, I use a quiver that is not attached to the bow.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

713 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 70 invisible), 3,104 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,200
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.