Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jimy
Well those two cops need to grow a pair, if that guy had them pissen all over them selves then maybe the parking authority could use them. WTF!

Maybe so. They can always be salesmen. Happens all the time.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mbhunt
I see no justification to shoot there. That guy was a scumbag I'm sure but, those cops were dirty. Nobody was in immediate danger.

Especially you.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I see no justification to shoot there. That guy was a scumbag I'm sure but, those cops were dirty. Nobody was in immediate danger.

Especially you.

I'm pro cop but not blind. Wrong is wrong and right is right. Maybe something different will come out on this but, that was wrong from what I saw.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What did the guy have in his hand and what did he say just before he moved?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I have no idea. The video was taken from about 300 yards away.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

If that fast-moving and agitated individual was carrying a knife, the Cops were in immediate danger the whole time. Weapon seems likely on account of tho it was two to one they were keeping their distance and even retreating at one point.

Hands thrown up didn't look like a gesture of surrender to me, more like sarcastic defiance.

Everyone is saying "fat White guy", naah, around here we'd call that guy "Mexican", referring to ethnicity rather than nationality. Looks to me like a guy who grew up on the South Side of this city as a member of the criminal element. And by local standards, the guy weren't especially fat.

I dunno what funds bought that house, but I doubt the guy worked hard in a legitimate career to buy it.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Good point ltp.

Sure is nice to see the rush to judgement, speaks wonders of our society as a whole in this day and age of "instant news" with video available from everywhere.

My question, and it kinda goes along with ltpowell's, is based on watching that very short snippet of video. Looking closly, I seemed to notice that just about exactly the same time the "alleged" offender is shot, the officer on the right side of the screen next to the dark SUV starts taking steps backward and seems to be starting to "duck" also? Did the "bad guy" have something in his left hand that he was getting ready to throw(or starting to motion with)? Did the officer I mention percieve a threat? Or was he ducking and backing because the other officer fired first? Hard to tell in that video, taken with a cell phone, from a distance away.

Maybe that other video will surface and we can find out. Until then I'll try to reserve judgement of all parties involved.

But I think the guy maybe should have gotten down on the ground if he wanted to live.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
After reviewing all available evidence, the only thing I can testify to is that one, or both, of those officers made a good shot. Everything else is speculation.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hard to tell but it looked like he had his hands up and then was lowering them (at least the right hand) quickly and then was shot.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
But I think the guy maybe should have gotten down on the ground if he wanted to live.

Sounds like the guy was given a twenty-minute opportunity to lie down on the ground.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's what I was trying to get across.

I was surrounded by the police in a case of mistaken identity years ago. Scary , scary situation. 7-8 squad cars and the helicopter hovering with it's lights on. I did exactly as told. I'm still alive.

He's not!

Geno

PS. I didn't blame the cops either. However, I was "profiled" and have been for years. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by mark shubert
And possession of a knife is illegal where?

A knife in the hands of a possible aggressor is considered a "shoot" situation within 21 feet. It has been shown that reaction time delay will get you cut within that distance, hence the "21 foot rule"
The law requires some aggressive action with the knife. Refusal to drop it on command by an officer would only provide justification if he were moving towards them while holding it.

No, the law requires one be in fear of serious bodily injury to themselves, or another, as justification. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Well those two cops need to grow a pair, if that guy had them pissen all over them selves then maybe the parking authority could use them. WTF!

Please tell us about the last time you bum rushed someone with a knife in their hands

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No, the law requires one be in fear of serious bodily injury to themselves, or another, as justification. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Yeah the woman with slashes and the beat up kid were thinking the same thing when Moby waddled up to the 21 foot line and said, "Here's Johnny!"

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5thShock
"District Attorney Nico LaHood told KSAT that there is a second video that was recorded closer to the scene of the shooting. That video has not been released to the public."

Video guy #1 is outraged that the Cops "just shot that guy down".... and then SELLS his recording to a local news outlet for $100, bet he wishes now he had held out for more. This is the one we see out there on the media.

Sounds like video guy #2, closer to the scene and perhaps a neighbor, GAVE his video or a copy thereof to the appropriate authorities.

I'd like to hear the second guy's take on events.

Birdwatcher

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Looks to me like the deceased jerked his right hand down just prior to soaking up some lead. If both officers fired one shot apiece, it must have appeared to both of them that he had done so as well.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
all I can say is that you cannot see enough in this video to understand what was happening.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
all I can say is that you cannot see enough in this video to understand what was happening.

Yeah, but lets not let that get in the way of conjecture.

An old wise man said, "what a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be is always better than nothing."

Ok, it was the Doobie Brothers, and they were probably higher than hell, but it fits.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have no problem shooting any of these thugs, yet when all of the high fiven and fist bumping are over, this looks pretty chicken [bleep].

One fat white guy thats pissed off, standing with his hands in the air, not real scary in my mind, yet his life is taken because that with the easiest way out.
Where is the "clearer" video? If it shows that this was such a good shoot.

As more and more of these shoots are recorded its going to be harder and harder to justify many of them.And its not a good time for the cop to make any more enemies.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by 5thShock
"District Attorney Nico LaHood told KSAT that there is a second video that was recorded closer to the scene of the shooting. That video has not been released to the public."

Video guy #1 is outraged that the Cops "just shot that guy down".... and then SELLS his recording to a local news outlet for $100, bet he wishes now he had held out for more. This is the one we see out there on the media.

Sounds like video guy #2, closer to the scene and perhaps a neighbor, GAVE his video or a copy thereof to the appropriate authorities.

I'd like to hear the second guy's take on events.

Birdwatcher

according to a local attorney representing the family, the second video shows him with his hands up. at least that's what he said on the news this morning. Thomas j Henry is a prick but a very successful attorney.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have no problem shooting any of these thugs, yet when all of the high fiven and fist bumping are over, this looks pretty chicken [bleep].

One fat white guy thats pissed off, standing with his hands in the air, not real scary in my mind, yet his life is taken because that with the easiest way out.
Where is the "clearer" video? If it shows that this was such a good shoot.

As more and more of these shoots are recorded its going to be harder and harder to justify many of them.And its not a good time for the cop to make any more enemies.

I'm betting that second video is from the body cam that all LE IN Texas is required to wear

Again when was the last time you faced someone who was angry/mentally unstable, and who was armed with a knife?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
755 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 84 invisible), 2,919 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,704
Posts18,400,064
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.