Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#10381058 09/03/15
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well U.S Army has thrown a wrench into my plans for 3rd season elk hunting in Colorado. I didn't get on the MB I was hoping to get on. Looks like my other option is once I get back turn in my 3rd season permits and try to get 4th rifle season permits if any are left over. Or head to Idaho and hunt with my buddy in unit 63. Which that is real dependent on the migration from what my buddy has told me. Man I cant wait to retire Uncle Sugar messing up to many hunts for me...

Last edited by 79S; 09/03/15.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Hang in there,

It's been over 26 years for me, and the retirement packet was approved last week.

However, it may not be any easier getting time off in the "real" world, as things happen there as well. Few jobs give you 30 days of paid vacation a year.

I share your frustration, had similar delays over the years, and I missed some seasons hunting with my family that I wish I hadn't.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Damn, that sucks...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AH64guy
Hang in there,

It's been over 26 years for me, and the retirement packet was approved last week.

However, it may not be any easier getting time off in the "real" world, as things happen there as well. Few jobs give you 30 days of paid vacation a year.

I share your frustration, had similar delays over the years, and I missed some seasons hunting with my family that I wish I hadn't.

Yeah I shouldn't complain the Army never messed up any of my hunting in Alaska. But last year a last minute change and they took me to NTC missed 4th rifle. Now to oh your not on this MB your going on this one. I really don't have a legit reason to get on a earlier MB now. I can't tell my CSM hey I really need to get back cause I have a elk hunt planned LOL. Well all's not lost..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been working for 30 years, still have to wait and see if I get elk season off every year. I am talking the 1st season in Colorado where you only have 5 days of elk hunting. I am waiting now for the time off approval for this year.

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
frown !

Real sorry! Hate to hear.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FWIW, we all appreciate the sacrifices you make in life to help keep us safe and free. Thanks!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, what he said ^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huntinut

"If it's the truth it ain't braggin" Will Rogers
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
As of now I can hunt the last weekend of 3rd rifle season basically two days to hunt or hunt the last two days of the4th rifles season but I guess it's better than a kick in the nuts. My other plan is to hunt in Idaho..

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I'll in the Idaho woods this weekend, last year I can hunt as a resident.

Hope it works out, World Airlines waiting sucks...

I was stuck torch and trail on most trips, that plan got me a 16 month tour once.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudhen
FWIW, we all appreciate the sacrifices you make in life to help keep us safe and free. Thanks!

THIS!!!!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by mudhen

THIS!!!!!

Agreed!

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm just complaining and I need to stop smile I have it a lot better than a lot of other folks.. But if a Soldier isn't complaining then something wrong smile Should be happy we only do 8-9 month deployments now and not 12..

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Also thanks guys for the continued support you give to the service member's of this country.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
I'm just complaining and I need to stop smile I have it a lot better than a lot of other folks.. But if a Soldier isn't complaining then something wrong smile Should be happy we only do 8-9 month deployments now and not 12..

If a Soldier (or a Jarhead) ain't complaining, that's because he's dead, drunk, or getting laid (and even then it ain't a given).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 79S

Figures.... Career Counselor always complaining......

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
Originally Posted by 79S

Yep that's me.... Always complaining...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Just giving you some crap, you could complain all day being in this brigade and no one could fault you for it!

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Just giving you some crap, you could complain all day being in this brigade and no one could fault you for it!

You should see the [bleep] show going on right now.. and they wonder why people are jumping ship from this outfit.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I can imagine with how it is here.... stupidity run rampant!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 16 invisible), 1,645 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.