Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
You take in a carton full of unregistered handguns with no serial numbers to your local Po Po and see how many you come out with.

BP-B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by William_E_Tibbe
Let it lay. You have a snowballs chance in hell of ever transferring title

Can somebody please post a picture of a firearm "title?"

I've yet to see one.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Bull:

I had two handguns that were brought in from overseas. I tried to register them but needed three character witnesses which I didn't have at the time. I even wrote to the County executive but wasn't able to engender more people. So I let it lay for 40 years. Couple of years ago I had the bug and necessity to transfer those to my son in a different state. By hook and crook and jawboning I was able to persuade the sheriffs department and county permit office to issue the permits. Thus I transferred/shipped them out of my state to my son who went through the drill and got them accepted and permitted in his state.

In your case don't stir sleeping dogs. Let it lay. You have a snowballs chance in hell of ever transferring title, or shipping out of state, or selling commercially such as on consignment in a gun store without a serial number. If you eventually pass it on to heirs just zip it up and keep quiet.

Get friendly with your local Law Enforcement. They are generally, predominately good guys and usually are accommodating in the matter if legitimate and makes sense.

This person has no earthly clue WTF he's talking about.

Travis

Understatement of the year... It's kind of mind boggling, actually. I'd expect it from a DU troll or something.. maybe.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
You take in a carton full of unregistered handguns with no serial numbers to your local Po Po and see how many you come out with.

Who the heck would I register my handguns with? And why?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Could it be possible that Lee24 is back? This crap, or at least this style, is starting to sound familiar....

What a douche nozzle....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Why would I take an "unregistered" handgun with or without a serial number to my police department?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by reelman
I see pictures all the time with the serial number blocked out or people putting XXX at the end so as to not say it's actual serial number. Why? Are people that paranoid that the government is going to track down their guns?

Back to the original question, which is a good one...

I know of a couple of folks that have been through a world of hassle because a used gun they bought got run through the LE stolen firearm database and turned up as being stolen a couple of decades earlier. Now, I doubt anybody here would begrudge returning a firearm to somebody who it'd been stolen from - but NOBODY here would enjoy being in the crosshairs of the police until they prove they bought it from somebody else.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bull:

I had two handguns that were brought in from overseas. I tried to register them but needed three character witnesses which I didn't have at the time. I even wrote to the County executive but wasn't able to engender more people. So I let it lay for 40 years. Couple of years ago I had the bug and necessity to transfer those to my son in a different state. By hook and crook and jawboning I was able to persuade the sheriffs department and county permit office to issue the permits. Thus I transferred/shipped them out of my state to my son who went through the drill and got them accepted and permitted in his state.

In your case don't stir sleeping dogs. Let it lay. You have a snowballs chance in hell of ever transferring title, or shipping out of state, or selling commercially such as on consignment in a gun store without a serial number. If you eventually pass it on to heirs just zip it up and keep quiet.

Get friendly with your local Law Enforcement. They are generally, predominately good guys and usually are accommodating in the matter if legitimate and makes sense.

This person has no earthly clue WTF he's talking about.

Travis

You're just figgerin' THAT out?!

I took BigStick off my Ignore list and replaced him with that guy.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C

Why would I take an "unregistered" handgun with or without a serial number to my police department?

Travis

In an attempt to register it as some here are advocating. Wasn't directed to you specifically.

Just playing devil's advocate.

Last edited by CrowRifle; 09/04/15.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What a sad day for America;

I had higher expectations for my fellow gun enthusiasts but instead I find a plethora of Bimbos - pseudo phony lamentably incompetent. Just disgracefully incompetent border line morons.

Fortunately the vast majority, I estimate over 90%, that post here are very experienced, very competent really Good Guys that I respect and appreciate .

That 10% of pathetic , dysfunctional, squirrels, vicious, poopy mouth, insulting aggressive, trouble maker bully's come with the baggage along with their gang bang mindless followers.

So long as we recognize these destructive elements as fool and mentally disorientated I don't propose any action.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I had higher expectations for my fellow gun enthusiasts but instead I find a plethora of Bimbos - pseudo phony lamentably incompetent. Just disgracefully incompetent border line morons.

Fortunately the vast majority, I estimate over 90%, that post here are very experienced, very competent really Good Guys that I respect and appreciate .

That 10% of pathetic , dysfunctional, squirrels, vicious, poopy mouth, insulting aggressive, trouble maker bully's come with the baggage along with their gang bang mindless followers.

So long as we recognize these destructive elements as fool and mentally disorientated I don't propose any action.
\
Just admit you were wrong, no need for the bullschitt.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
Could it be possible that Lee24 is back? This crap, or at least this style, is starting to sound familiar....

What a douche nozzle....

You may be onto something.....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mr. Tibbe. You are so far deep in wrong you just do not know it. No firearm was required to have a serial number until the 1968 gun control act. That's the FACT Jack.
You have been given correct information. Many firearms prior to 1968 had no numbers including many guns under the J.C. Higgins Sears gun and those of Montgomery-Ward.
Tell you what, just call your local BATFE office and ask. Get the correct answer from the horse's mouth.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But you can take this to the bank: Any gun that has the serial number missing is HOT and party to a felony. You can't sell it, you can't own it, you can't ship it.

From the ATF tracing manual:
Serial numbers are not issued by ATF. Duplication of numbers is common between manufacturers and importers and many firearms manufactured prior to 1968 were not marked with a serial number at all.

So.. somebody must be wrong. Who might that be? ATF? Or Tibbe? Hmm.

Can you explain this difference of opinion, Mr. Tibbe?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ingwe

Could I venture a guess......

Maybe he is Chumlee incognito. Forget, that Chum doesn't know what "incognito" means. OTOH - maybe !

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

You're one haploid short of a zygote.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Words can hurt, you know.

What fresh Hell is this?
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

Travis

In an attempt to register it as some here are advocating. Wasn't directed to you specifically.

Just playing devil's advocate.

Do some of you folks register handguns with local LE in your AO? Damn......

Bring a box of old handguns with no SNs to my PD and we'll send you home and welcome you to NH where we don't register schit! Now, if the SNs have been filed off......

I think I'm [bleep], though,......I have an old .22 here with no SN. Apparently, I can't own it!

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Travis

Yeah, it's worth a fortune on the street.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 26 1 2 3 4 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
814 members (1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 007FJ, 84 invisible), 3,240 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,186
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.