Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Once again, shortactionsmoker did someone here a good deal. Me. I've wanted a CZ 452 for a long time, but they'd dried up when I went looking.

Darrik got another big bunch of them in at Whittaker's, and I immediately emailed him, asking him to save one for me this time around.

I went down and picked it up today. Dunno if it shoots yet, but it sure does look good.
The customer service at Whittaker's was always kinda iffy, it's always busier than Hillary trying to hide her emails, but Darrik has gotten things turned around pretty darned well.

The whole "shopping experience" has been turned into an excellent example of what gunshopping oughta be. Easy and pain-free.

Kudos to Darrik and his crew there.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Getting to be the busy part of the year, but when hunting season settles down, I plan to make a day trip down that way.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Take your wallet!

Darrik will find you what you want! grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
It was a quick 'n' dirty trip, just down there, buy the gun and go home. I didn't really have time to look around at the remodeling job they did.

My work schedule sucketh mightily, and screws with my gunshopping time.

My only criticism is that it's hard to find "brand clumps" of say, Winchester, Ruger, whathaveyou. They haven't gotten THAT organized just yet. With their business volume, I can understand that, though. GADS! there's a lot of product in that place.
Darrik has done a great job modernizing Whittaker's. It used to be a bit dark and dreary, despite the fantastic inventory. Now it's a lot more open and much better lighting.
Mongo like!

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Missed you today Glenn. I went dove hunting, then hit the woods with my bow -- neither were very productive, but both were enjoyable!

The "brand clumps" are there, just not recognizable. We'll get some signage up soon. Phase #2 of reorganizing starts in a couple of weeks. We need to tweak things and better display the accessories.

You dealt with Scott and he's top notch! Wanna bet he remembers your name on your next visit? He has a gift...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
After a trip to Whittaker's I always plan a stop at Old Hickory Bar-B-Q to fuel me up for the ride home.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Between Darrik & Scott they do very well on the customer service. I asked Darrik about a rifle one evening by pm and the next afternoon I had a UPS shipping notice. Cannot beat that!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, BallisticBRYAN, 13 invisible), 1,571 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,207
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.