Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
So you've got an AR in the front seat of your truck. Then you crack your window and stick just the tip of your barrel through the little crack. Then you chamber a round. Then you bring the muzzle back into the truck. Then you roll the window back up. Then you open the door and climb out with the gun whose barrel you just stuck out the window, then brought back in.

Is that right?

dude your seriously over thinking this. I open the door while the muzzle is pointing out. I am looking to leave the vehicle you know. The most dangerous time for an accidentenal discharge is when loading or unloading a gun, ya know. hence why I crack the window. if you want I will make a video of it for you.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Chambering a round while your ass is still in the seat by and large would be illegal since you stated your state doesnt allow loaded rifles in vehicles.

You have a forward assist, ease the bolt forward with the charging handle and seat via forqard assist.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Always entertaining!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let me try again.....

So you've got an AR in the front seat of your truck. Then you crack your window and stick just the tip of your barrel through the little crack. Then you chamber a round. Then you bring the muzzle back into the truck open the door with the barrel of your gun sticking out the cracked window. Then you get out. Then you roll the window back up. Then you shut the door.

Is that right?

And all of this is safer than the muzzle being pointed at the floorboard and just chambering a round?

And this somehow circumvents the law that says you can't have a loaded gun the the truck?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PS-I would ABSOLUTELY like a video.

Thanks.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
blue, OMG this is turning into a cluster f. actually I leave the window cracked when I get out because the truck is already turned off. I don't load a round with the muzzle pointed at the floor because if for some reason I did fire a round that could be an even bigger problem. The reason being is typically I am in an extremely remote area often times on roads that haven't been traveled in 2 weeks or more. no cell coverage in most cases. a vehicle problem is a very big deal. I know of a guy whos life was in jeapordy once because his truck got stuck in mud out there. as a texan myself this is something you don't understand about the areas around here.

The sequence of events is down to the same movements and motions. I usually make 26-28 stands in a 2 day hunting trip, my system is down and works. maybe if you didn't know everything you might learn something.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Please promise me you'll never quit trying to explain this. Wondering if you'll fire a round when you load your gun, lives in jeopardy, geography....

Hopefully your video will learn me something. I'll definitely watch it. More than once.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm dying....

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I would trust my life to any of my 3 AR's. The M&P Sport, PSA upper/bolt combo on Mega Lower or the JD Machines upper/lower combo with Black Hole Weaponry barrel. I built the last 2 and reload for them too.
I understand things mechanical. I have been rebuilding motors of all kinds, carburetors, the odd electronic item and house electrical and plumbing. I do my own brakes so I guess I have to trust myself. Regular maintenance, checking for wear and keeping it all in manufacturers specs is the best thing you can do for anything mechanicals reliability.
It sounds so dramatic to say "trust your life" to this or that. Actually it sounds like a sales pitch to me.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is a sales pitch.

"You can trust your life to my product, but not that other one"

But just because it's a sales pitch doesn't mean that it's not true.

IC B3

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It sounds so dramatic to say "trust your life" to this or that. Actually it sounds like a sales pitch to me.

There is nothing dramatic about it at all. Remember, the OP stated he was looking for an AR-15 with a home defense scenerio in mind. Like it or not, it fits. Nobody is trying to sell you anything. It's your life and your right to trust it to any firearm you choose. I wouldn't knock any choice you made. After all, it's your life, not mine. The part I find silly is that somebody thinks it's a bad idea to use parts that are tested for reliability before the rifle is assembled. For this type of rifle it's just an added level of insurance. The OP asked and I suggested then another poster said it was over priced and some other ignorant and childish things. I answered his post as well never knocking his choices either. If you like what you've chosen, more power to you . When I bought a rifle for the exact same purpose the OP wants one for now the Colt was the obvious choice for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Colt's fine, but next time I have one, I'm replacing the lower. Man, I hate Colt lowers!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Why do you hate Colt lowers? They now use regular pins and no more sear block, just a web that doesn't hurt anything.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good luck getting a video. CC doesn't like to take pictures. Though he did post ONE, ONCE of him with a coyote. Sounds like some pretty crazy, remote country he's in. Bet most lesser folks are too scared to go there and must be where he gets his huge amount of experience.

That whole sequence getting out of the rig is awesome!

Last edited by pointer; 09/11/15.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
CC posts over on snipers hide, he is surely slumming when he visits here. We are all relatively ignorant. I kind of like his convoluted Rube Goldberg charging routine, it shows a lot of high level thinking went into it. I am getting ready to go buy me a RRA instead of a Colt as the Rock Rivers with their secret mystery metals are obviously the go to for reliability. You can be sure of this due to all the military contracts that they have.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ringworm
I was issued a Colt at PI that you could hear parts move when you shook it. Rough!
Worn on all the edges...just beat up.
A2 in 94, so no telling him many rounds fired, how many times broken down and cleaned....over cleaned.
But I still shot high expert with it.
Colt makes a good product. They owned the market when many of the AR cult fanboys here were still living on thier daddies nuts.
I shot Expert with an M-16A1 that was ratty and rattly as hell. The AR platform is a superb one IMO. I can only recall being without one a couple of times since 1982 and there were some pretty broke years in there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyp
CC posts over on snipers hide, he is surely slumming when he visits here. We are all relatively ignorant. I kind of like his convoluted Rube Goldberg charging routine, it shows a lot of high level thinking went into it. I am getting ready to go buy me a RRA instead of a Colt as the Rock Rivers with their secret mystery metals are obviously the go to for reliability. You can be sure of this due to all the military contracts that they have.
I think he has me on ignore cause I ask for too many hunt details and pictures. That said, ask him if FFP scopes are good for hunting!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All joking aside, AR's are somewhat noisy to chamber a round. Hunting by myself, I usually just chamber a round, after getting out of the truck, then put it on safe. If I am with others around, I normally won't carry with a hot chamber, out of courtesy & caution.

I was at a stand once, and tried to quietly ease a round into the chamber. Pulled the trigger and - click - misfire, the bolt hadn't gone fully into battery. The deer hauled ass. smirk

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 09/11/15. Reason: clarify

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
After I drive up on my 4 wheeler, I chamber a round before I walk to the stand.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
All joking aside, AR's are somewhat noisy to chamber a round. Hunting by myself, I usually just chamber a round, after getting out of the truck, then put it on safe. If I am with others around, I normally won't carry with a hot chamber, out of courtesy & caution.

I was at a stand once, and tried to quietly ease a round into the chamber. Pulled the trigger and - click - misfire, the bolt hadn't gone fully into battery. The deer hauled ass. smirk
That's what the Forward Assist is for. I don't see a hot chamber as being discourteous if the hunt is on.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

596 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 2,027 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,264
Posts18,448,240
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.