Print Thread
Hop To
D
dgr416 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Beauregard was my English setter but was really my best friend .We traveled all over the country and he was with me 8 of the 12 years in Alaska.He ran off Grizzlies,black bears and saved me from a house fire .I am going to miss him forever !

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Condolences. Many men have a good dog or two in their lives, a few fortunate ones get to have had a great one, sounds like you fall into that category. The worst part of owning dogs is that you outlive them.

Attached is a pic of mine, thought you could use the chuckle (my wife and daughter bought the outfit for him, I have since hid it.)

[Linked Image]

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So sorry,,, words fail.

RIP Beau

F
Frm Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Good boy, Beau! Sorry for your loss . .
Mike

"We've had enough of exhortations to be silent! Cry out with a hundred thousand tongues! I see that the world is rotten because of silence!"
St. Catherine of Sienna
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cherish the memories. Sorry for your loss. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B2

D
dgr416 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Yep he a once in a life time dog my cabin and life feel empty !

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Sorry to hear of the loss of your Setter. A dog that can chase off a bear is certainly a special canine. You were lucky to have such a fine animal.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Your feelings have and are shared by many here! You are a better man for having your dog, many folks go thru life without ever knowing where YOU are..... Ive had many , do not stop till the bitter end!! the very best WinPoor

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So sorry to hear about your loss. Been through it too many times already and we have two right now (and more than likely a few more afterwards)

Have fun in Canine Heaven Beau, I hear there's lots of stuff to chase and chew on up there and no one ever yells at you about it.

My Condolences,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
So sorry.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I still think about my Springer Spaniel mix, best pheasant dog I or any of my friends ever hunted over. He was a special dog, one day a Doperin Pincher deceided to take a leap off a porch and take a bite out of me when when my Springer "BOB" deciede to take him by the throat and send him packing. A good dog is like a good wife, you only get on in this world, I had mine and it sounds like you had yours. Sorry for your lost. Yes I think about him, it has been 15 years. I do miss that dog!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I still think about my Springer Spaniel mix, best pheasant dog I or any of my friends ever hunted over. He was a special dog, one day a Doperin Pincher deceided to take a leap off a porch and take a bite out of me when when my Springer "BOB" deceide to take him by the throat and send him packing. A good dog is like a good wife, you only get one in this world, I had mine and it sounds like you had yours. Sorry for your lost. Yes I think about him, it has been 15 years. I do miss that dog!

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
Your feelings have and are shared by many here! You are a better man for having your dog, many folks go thru life without ever knowing where YOU are..... Ive had many , do not stop till the bitter end!! the very best WinPoor

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry for your loss. Honor your lost friend regularly and get yourself another asap. My wife and I decided that was best medicine years ago. We at all times have at least two canine companions under our roof at all times.

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1234, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,052
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.