Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Where oh where are they?

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
BP-B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Whittaker guns still has all three calibers I believe.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
3 days ago they were out of the 22LR.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have one and I'd like to buy another one. The darn things shoot very well.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I think (or wish, suggest?) that Ruger should make the Predator a regular catalog offering. If that results in too many items to inventory then seems to me they do not need 2 versions of the 18 bbl gun, threaded and non threaded. Just thread all the 18" guns and the buyer gets his choice of butt end insert, adult or youth. Those two versions of the 18 are identical otherwise. Short of that, more choices the better.

Ruger store should carry BOTH the Weaver No12 two piece base and the one piece Predator base. At least give us that much!

The Predator variation is standard in center fire and I bet they are selling a lot more rim fire Predators than the cf counterparts. This is the second production run and 22lr already sold out. I am surprised how many purchases all three calibers.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

Even the regular RAR rimfires shoot well.... I love my 22 WMR. Excellent excellent rifle...I'd also like to get a predator soon...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by fourbore
I think (or wish, suggest?) that Ruger should make the Predator a regular catalog offering. If that results in too many items to inventory then seems to me they do not need 2 versions of the 18 bbl gun, threaded and non threaded. Just thread all the 18" guns and the buyer gets his choice of butt end insert, adult or youth. Those two versions of the 18 are identical otherwise. Short of that, more choices the better.

Ruger store should carry BOTH the Weaver No12 two piece base and the one piece Predator base. At least give us that much!

The Predator variation is standard in center fire and I bet they are selling a lot more rim fire Predators than the cf counterparts. This is the second production run and 22lr already sold out. I am surprised how many purchases all three calibers.

Not really a weaver base fan, especially when the Talley lightweights are available.. wink
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You really don't want one - they aren't as accurate as everyone says.

They are more accurate than you can imagine and you should get several.

Just yesterday I was murdering some starlings that kept trying to roost in a red cedar windbreak. At about 175 yards, one young bird landed on the very top spire of a cedar. Just as I was about to shoot the bird took off. I was all set up on the tree top so I moved the crosshairs to the twig and fired. The 17gr Hornady sawed the spire off slightly lower than my aiming point. To me that is nothing short of magic

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

Even the regular RAR rimfires shoot well.... I love my 22 WMR. Excellent excellent rifle...I'd also like to get a predator soon...

I have little doubt that they do, but for me, it is all about the threads. I like the peace and quiet.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was sneaking around the garden yesterday with my 22LR Predator and a mag full of CB longs, trying to thin the flock of English sparrows that's been eating holes in the tomatoes and nibbling other plants.

I got at least 2 and maybe more, but due to the lack of recovered feathered carcasses, those went unconfirmed.

It was fun, but I'm suddenly down to my last 9 or 10 rounds of CB ammo and in desperate need of more.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
You really don't want one - they aren't as accurate as everyone says.

They are more accurate than you can imagine and you should get several.

Just yesterday I was murdering some starlings that kept trying to roost in a red cedar windbreak. At about 175 yards, one young bird landed on the very top spire of a cedar. Just as I was about to shoot the bird took off. I was all set up on the tree top so I moved the crosshairs to the twig and fired. The 17gr Hornady sawed the spire off slightly lower than my aiming point. To me that is nothing short of magic

Starlings are underrated as varmints. We used to bait 'em, wingshoot 'em when they flocked up in the winter, and sit on the porch and snipe 'em in the locust trees where they nested. They're smart and fast, tricky fliers. I wish the .17 HM2 had been around in those days as it would have been perfect.

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
173 members (12344mag, 257robertsimp, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 15 invisible), 1,846 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,783
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.