Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well on Friday. Mark said he would let me know when it got in on Monday (today). He said the rifle would get his personal attention as soon as it arrived there at the shop today.

Well big surprise. The rifle was there in the am, and I have heard nothing. Not even we got it.

These guys really suck. They really have zero follow through on what the say or promise.

Brian

GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I bought a 26 Nosler about a month ago. The fit and finish on the rifle look great…I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, and after reading this thread Im concerned…

Billy

Turn em loose ...
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I received a phone call this evening from the CEO of Legendary Arms Mr. Dunn. He said how very sorry he is for the way I felt, in the case for my Rifle and its accuracy. He said that they will get this rifle shooting for me and make sure I am very happy with the performance of my Profesional in 280 AI. I got the impression that he was indeed truly sorry for this situation. He said he will be in contact with me, to give updates as updates come up.

I really do think that he does care at this time after that phone call.

At this time. I would say thankyou Mr. Dunn
I will update you guys as I am update

Brian

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll bet it will shoot when you get it back.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by RDFinn
I'll bet it will shoot when you get it back.

I hope he can enjoy it if it does. I've tripped rifles down the road for less even after they've been completely fixed. Once I'm soured on a rifle it's over for me.

David

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Surely, brianc must know how much Mark's personal attention costs? A lot. About 6k. No one is paying that for these rifles.

The rifle should shoot, no doubt. As well as a cooper I would hope.

But, all this crying about immediate attention is unreasonable.

If these rifles carry like a Bansner, which they should because the stock is the same, then that is one of the most endearing qualities of the rifle. We all expect MOA accuracy at this point I agree.

Mark's stock design is a real joy to carry for miles and shoot. It is an experience.

Can anyone post groups of their LAW rifles that shoot well?

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by petr
Surely, brianc must know how much Mark's personal attention costs? A lot. About 6k. No one is paying that for these rifles.

If these rifles carry like a Bansner, which they should because the stock is the same, then that is one of the most endearing qualities of the rifle. We all expect MOA accuracy at this point I agree.

Mark's stock design is a real joy to carry for miles and shoot. It is an experience.

If Mark said he would call and let Brian know when his rifle came in, then I would expect Mark to call.....not just hand out lip service!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
And he did call. Not as early As the OP whined about. Hope Mark makes it right and that all rifles coming out live up to Marks standards.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by petr

Your comments are idiotic.

The rifle wouldn't have required any of Mark's attention if it had been sent out right the first time. Or the second time. Anybody that claimed his rifle was an MOA rifle because one 3-shot group out of three fired was inside of an inch would be laughed off this board. I think he has shown remarkable patience.

David

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by sidepass
And he did call. Not as early As the OP whined about. Hope Mark makes it right and that all rifles coming out live up to Marks standards.

No he didn't. Somebody else did. Its not whining to let others know that you're not receiving the quality of merchandise you paid for and subsequently getting the run around. What is your affiliation w/ LAW rifles?

David

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Anybody can put out a lemon. If it is returned then sent back and there is still a problem then the company is no longer in consideration. I'm willing to give someone a second chance.....after that, if they say it's good and it's not then there is not much use in sending it to them again.

Hopefully Brian will get it back with all issues fixed and shooting dime sized groups. I hope he updates us either way.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No affiliation. I feel that not receiveing a call the first thing on a business day is not an issue. Had it not happened by the end of that day an issue it would be.let's see what happens? I too am interested in the outcome as I am hoping to add one of their rifles to my safe.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by sidepass
No affiliation. I feel that not receiveing a call the first thing on a business day is not an issue. Had it not happened by the end of that day an issue it would be.let's see what happens? I too am interested in the outcome as I am hoping to add one of their rifles to my safe.

Read what he posted and look at the time stamps again (if you haven't set up your time zone in your profile, the time stamp will be off). Mark said he would call him when the rifle was received, he verified that it was delivered in the morning through his delivery svc. At 5:40pm Central time he posted that he had not gotten a call from Mark. Later in the evening the CEO (not Mark) called him and he posted that (and was more positive about it than I could have been).

He isn't whining. He paid a lot of money for a rifle with an accuracy gurantee. The rifle didin't shoot as delivered, was sent back "repaired" and it still didn't shoot. This is it's 2nd trip back, Mark's third shot to make it right and he's giving him attitude about what the MOA gurantee actually means. I'm incredulous that anyone has the balls to defend that kind of response from LAW.

David

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I hate to pile on here, but there are 500 dollar rifles (T/C) (Savage?, Weatherby) that will do MOA, and they advertise as such. So I don't think the OP is being unreasonable either. Especially since this is strike two.

I really wanted one of these rifles. This year. I think I'll wait.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have to agree with you on this. With the $$$ spent there should have been one trip made if there was a problem. When they started asking for serial numbers it tells me they were fully aware of a problem.

G
G
I recently purchased the Professional in 300 win mag. I topped it with Warne rings and a Leupold VX3: 4.5-14x40 (Parallax is an issue - big mistake on my part). I've got 37 rounds down the tube so far. The first 10 rounds were break in rounds (shoot-clean-shoot), followed by standard load development with 3-shot strings and random cleanings.

Honestly, the first few shots were exactly what I was looking for, right around 1-inch. Those first 10 shots were break in shots consisting of a fairly decent load of H4831SC and 180 grain Hornady BTSP Interlocks (only had 10 at the time). That being said, it's really hard to definitely say what it was doing between cleanings and a cool barrel - not a 4 shot group.

My goal has been to shoot Nosler A.B's and/or Nosler Partitions. So far, it's pretty obvious the rifle doesn't like either of them. But like any other narrow minded rifle looney, I'm going to keep trying because I just bought a box of 200 grain A.B's.

I found another box of Hornady 180 gr BTSP's that I'm going to start over with. Maybe I got lucky and found a node and a bullet the rifle likes...

I'm just sharing my experience so far and will update the group as I continue load development. This rifle reminds me a lot of my "former" Kimber Montana 300 WSM. The Professional is a dream to handle, but its pretty hard to shoot accurately. The muzzle break does help. But.. It's still a relatively light weight rifle. I purchased some snap-caps to work on my technique and trigger pull. Maybe that's part of the problem folks are having.

I know that Petzal's review of the rifle clearly discussed his challenge and frustration with finding a load the rifle liked - And I think he was using factory ammo.

Bottom line is that experience is telling me this rifle is going to take some effort to figure out. I was hoping for out of the box idiot proof, but it's obviously going to take some finesse. I'm trying to not get discouraged by reading some of the comments on this thread as well. Sure there's a lot of rifles on the market far cheaper than the L.A.W. The L.A.W has some bad-ass components, far exceeding all of the similar priced competition! I love shooting paper targets, but I also love a rifle that looks and feels as indestructible as the Professional! And, when my brother accidently throws a bone saw at the stock when we are gutting my elk (like he did last year to my 300 H&H Ruger No. 1), I won't lose as much sleep!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just for the heck of it, try some IMR-4350 if you have any with the 180's (try 180 Nosler BT's if you have em). Start with 70 grs up to 72 grs. I have always found IMR-4350 to be very accurate in 300 WM's. Right now I'm using 76 grs of H481sc in my 300 WM with Nosler 180 Combined Technology bullets and it is very accurate with that powder as well. Get's 3100 fps as well.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gator145
Try H4831 and a Fed215m with the Nosler 200 Accubond
Try the suggested load out of the Nosler manual
I just finished load developement for a customer of Ed Sweet's in Boise Idaho. His load is H4831(70.0), Fed215m, 200 Accubond 5thou off the lands, doing 2780fps out of a 24" barrel 1-10 twist. This load is shooting
1/2" five shot at 110 yards.

I did hear from JD at Legenday Arms today. He did not have any new news about the 280AI I sent back last wk and that they received in the am of Monday 2 days ago. I will update when I am updated.

Brian

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Brian, I hope you get you rifle shooting, but I'd also like to know what the problem was/is.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've found good barrels don't take much, if any work. I've found that just about all 'bad' barrels can usually be made to shoot, but it typically takes 2 pounds of powder and 1000 primers to find that load.

Any time something is stated as 'proprietary' I look someplace else.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,565
Posts18,453,783
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.