Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slip_sinker
Can someone point me to the RRA 2-stage Varmint for $62?
Thanks

RRA for some reason only offers the national match trigger at that price, they are offering the varmint trigger for 98 on their website although I think one of the vendors on ar 15.com probably could beat that. I would call RRA and see if you can talk them into doing the varmint trigger for the same price. There is a difference in pull weight enough to where IMO a trigger snob like me would pay extra for the varmint trigger. The varmint trigger is an option overlooked by a ton of people. unless you spend 200 more I don't think there is anything really any better. my geisselle high speed match has adjustable sear engagement which is tricky to get right. because too much and you get a small amount of grit, too little and its not enough engagement. it also adjusts the pull weight which when you adjust that it messes with the sear engagement all over again. The RRA varmint while not as light doesn't have all those adjustments to worry about.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks cc. I'll try to get RR to lower it to $62. If not I'll get it from ar15sales.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Varmint for $79

I think they went up.

http://ar15sa.fatcow.com/store/miscparts.html

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a darn good price on a great trigger.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
kmfwa

and none of your ole ladys has ever objected to me using spit for lube

bwahahahahahahaaa!!!!
fugging tackleberrys...........................

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Being in the infantry gives you exactly zero credibility when it comes to gunsmithing. Or even, in my experience, of even being a proficient shooter. The best in the business of the military will quickly admit that soldiers, even ninja soldiers, are seldom gun guys.

I'm grateful for every soldier's service. But I'm also completely worn out on the "I was in the military so I am omniscient on all things that go bang". Cuz it just ain't so. And when that is so, it's only because of what those folks did OUTSIDE of their infantry training that made them so.

really.................................

you don't know chit about what I know or have done
nor do I you...............................

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Geissele's are good. Timney's are good and the new Hypertouch is being recommended by some people heavy into shooting.

Quite a few options,

Retired cat herder.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by renegade50
buy a wolf spring kit..............
the combo 2 spring kit for around 11
or just the trigger spring for 5
and stone down the front engagement surface of the trigger housing and the engagement surface of the hammer

you really don't even need to spend $11 on the wolf spring kit
just stoning the engagement surfaces alone greatly improves the trigger
you cant get them down to the 4-5 pd range by stoning
and they are a lot smoother
then add a wolf kit and you can get them down around 3.5-4poundish range
still have the 2 stage feel but a heck of a lot less perceived take up and then a noticeably smooterh pull for it to go bang
you wont feel the grit or drag typical like in an unmodified trigger

no reason to spend upwards 200 bucks at all when the parts that are in the weapon just need a little work and tweeking

This is the advice you gave, stone down to 4-5 lb. range and I guarantee you, you just created a time bomb. Very simple reason the military doesn't allow everyone who humps an M4 to touch the trigger's mating surfaces.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
your bombastic blathering and name calling does not make you right about stoning a trigger. Your advice is just wrong.

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I'm a Geissele fan, I have a JP single stage in one lower and while it's fine if you're shooting off the bench, I think it's too light for use in the field. When I'm headed out with an AR I usually put whatever upper I'm wanting to use on the lower that has the SSA. I need to buy another but seems that there's always something else in the works.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I used a Timney... but my next will be a Velocity Trigger

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Temmi - appreciate knowing why you were less than satisfied with the Timney & what you prefer about Velocity? Thanks.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a Geissele, a POF and a Hiperfire and if I had to pick one it would be the Hiperfire, by a smidge over the Geissele. (https://www.hiperfire.com).

Don't get me wrong they are all good not cheap and the Hiperfire hasn't proven itself with round count yet but it's sweet.

I think almost any of the triggers mentioned in the previous threads would be an improvement and may satisfy you. It comes down to a range of about $80.00 to $220.00. Is the $220.00 trigger $140.00 better, in reality probably not how ever I spent it and am happier.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I am a Timney trigger man have them in mt bolt GUNS and my AR.S

Last edited by BenMichel; 11/21/15.

Loves gun and reloading casting my own bullets
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Interesting reads;

Gear Review: Elftmann Tactical Drop-In AR-15 ...

lockerdome.com/6388193763278913/7431620701467668

Gear Review: Hiperfire 24E and 243G Triggers -...

www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/09/foghorn/gear-review...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
a shame there isn't an article there about triggers... just some crimson trace laser article.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I love my Hiperfire 24C.

"One good Shot Is All I Need"
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
I'm not impressed with the Hyperfire triggers. Nice light pull, but lots of creep.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by TWR
The problem is most try to change the angle to get a lighter pull. Stock, you can see the hammer pull back as you pull the trigger. Take enough off to stop that and you have an unsafe time bomb. Don't change the angle and you've done nothing that dry firing wouldn't have accomplished.

This is why it's a better idea to change triggers. I don't really care what anyone else uses and I can use a good stock trigger but people need to know what they are talking about before posting this nonsense of tuning a stock trigger.

geuss I don't know a fugging thing and you are the guru of knowledge......................

only spent 24 yrs in the fugging infantry humping every gawtdamm model of 16/m4 from 83 -08

stoning properly involves not changing angles and only using emery cloth enough to expose the metal under the Parkerizing of the engagement surface of the trigger housing then using a stone and then lightly polishing that exposed metal surface and then lightly stoning the engagement surface of the hammer and lightly polishing that

you make it sound like Im using a wood rasp file or a dremel drill with a 80 grit wheel

materials used are 600 grit emery cloth wrapped around a small flat file to do away with the Parkerizing coating and a small fine Arkansas sharping stone with spit on it for lubricant to do the stoning and then flitz for the polishing

geuss I should have been more techy in my post.............

love getting sharpshooted by nuggs who think they are experts who never have walked the walk......................

fugg posting on the ar forum

some of ya are tackelberry wanna be fuggers

and aint never lived behind a trigger for a couple of decades

kmfwa..........................

In your years in the infantry how many trigger jobs on issued weapons did you do?

This wannabe would like to know.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Lar68
I'm a Geissele fan, I have a JP single stage in one lower and while it's fine if you're shooting off the bench, I think it's too light for use in the field. When I'm headed out with an AR I usually put whatever upper I'm wanting to use on the lower that has the SSA. I need to buy another but seems that there's always something else in the works.

I am a fan of the JP single stage, I dont think it is too light at all for field use as all my bolt rifles have even lighter triggers

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,845
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.