Campfire Outfitter
G
Afternoon' B,

[Linked Image]

240 Weatherby Mark V Accumark

[Linked Image]

257 Weatherby Mark V Accumark 257 Roy

[Linked Image]

Weatherby Mark V Accumark, Super Varmintmaster, 308 Win.

[Linked Image]

Weatherby Vanguard S2, 6.5 Creedmoor

[Linked Image]

Wby Vanguard S2, 6.5 Creedmoor,
Wby Vanguard S2, 240 Roy.

JAPPFT,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Couple of pics of a Weatherby I have on lay away.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
To each his own, but personally if I were given a Weatherby the first and only thing I'd to with it is sell it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice rifle and good choice of cal. My first wby was a German 7m/m I bought in the 60's. Good then good now. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI

[Linked Image]

Is it possible to feel sorry for a scope??? laugh

To each his own, I guess....

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
While I was growing up, my Dad's only big game rifle was a Wby VG deluxe in 7RM. Gorgeous wood, deadly in his hands. His best year was 7 elk. So yes, I'm a Wby fan.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
First critter I shot with the old .257 Bee

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
To each his own, but personally if I were given a Weatherby the first and only thing I'd to with it is sell it.

I agree with this.

The .257Wby ain't a bad cartridge by any stretch, though I'd rather several over it and many more over anything else stamped Wby. Can't say as I'd ever consider the .460Wby in that conversation, but unless Jurassic Park becomes reality I'd never reach for one.

Overweight, overpriced, overhyped. JMO...

Yet, if someone else wants to gun one and does so well, more power to them.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
The first time I ever saw a Weatherby was in '64 at a deer camp north of Vicksburg in the swamps of all places. It was a 7MM Wby with some really beautiful wood. The second was about four years later, a 300 Wby at Gayfers in the Biloxi/Gulfport area... Priced at $300 IIRC. The clerk patiently got it out of the case and actually let me (18 at the time) handle it. Growing up in that era, a Weatherby was THE rifle everyone wanted. I had to wait a while.

I have two Weatherby Mk 5's I bought in the '81-'82 time frame when I was stationed in Japan for $450 each...a 7MM Wby and a 240. Good triggers and very slick actions. The Mk 5 is a little heavy for the 240 but I like them both and they're not going anywhere.

As someone mentioned for the 7MM Wby Mag, don't overlook the 175 Partition at over 3000fps.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS.
Well why I shoot A Weatherby is because at the time it was the lightest "three" locking lug system I knew of. The small Weatherby weighs 26 ounces. My whole rifle with 26" barrel, scope, sling and ammo came in at under seven pounds.

I still don't know of a three lug type that is as light.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ringman
WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS.
Well why I shoot A Weatherby is because at the time it was the lightest three locking lug system I knew of. The small Weatherby weighs 26 ounces. My whole rifle with 26" barrel, scope, sling and ammo came in at under seven pounds.

I still don't know of a three lug type that is as light.

Weatherby makes a 3-lug action?

I have been under the impression Weatherby made 6-lug and 9-lug actions.

Tell me more about the 3-lug action Weatherby makes. What caliber(s) does Weatherby chamber the 3-lug action rifles for?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by MojoHand

[Linked Image]

Is it possible to feel sorry for a scope??? laugh

To each his own, I guess....

Funny....I totally agree. You know they say one mans trash another mans treasure.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
gee',

I've shot or have got everything thus far mentioned,as well as a lot that ain't. Of the receivers made by Weatherby,the VG is lightyears ahead of all things 6 and 9-lugged.

Accumarks wear dog schit handles and have the ergo's of a 2x4...nothing there to swoon at all,though they badly botch twist rates too and that's always great news for the Fence Hopping Ping Pong Ball Fling Faction.

A S/S VG can be pressed into service,in a few chamberings they manage to get right with twist,throating and COAL latitude....................

elkkchunter,

Boy that's just gotta be really fhuqking EXCITING,saving pennies to bail a POS Goat Fhuqk Weatherby out of jail,so you can do nothing with it. Laughing!

Bless your heart...................

'9s,

Say sumptin' about the boolits used,it WILL be funny!

Boolits matter farrrrrrrr more than headstamps.

Hint.................

Bama',

I read on the Interweb that I mighta shot a 257Wby once and it mighta been 700 based,a few times over.

Laughing!.............

'ager,

I shot my MKV 378 literally apart and liked 270X's at it's threshold. Trouble was/is,the rifles are pieces of fhuqking schit.

To their credit,Weatherby did restock it(it was cracked in several places),rebarreled it(shot right the fhuqk out),poked a new bolt in it(lugs were set back,installed a new trigger(it had broken internally) and reblued the works(it had the new knocked right the fhuqk offa it). As soon as I opened the box,I hung a For Sale sign on the POS.

Pard shot a 460 purty hard,but got away from it purty quick,as it was going South too.

The less you shoot,the "better" they are and it's right up Whore Hey!'s alley.

Laughing!.......................

'8r,

A 175Ping Pong Ball at 3K fps is hilariously funny [bleep]! A S/A 7-08 at 2.815" OEM COAL with a 162 'Max at 2700fps via 22" spout,slaps that piece of fhuqking [bleep] silly. Hint.

THANKS for the morning chuckle,as I await a jet to R&R...............

Ringmam,

Your Imagination and it's Pretend,are once again taking you places that don't exist. Congratulations?

Now say that you were referencing a Sako based Weatherby and "forgot" to mention that.

Laughing!..................

Magnumdoosh,

The Sako and Mouser based Weatherby offerings are triple luggers in some circles that count bolt handles.

Though them facts have nothing to do with Ringmam's Delusions................

Kaleb,

Cheer up...Whore Hey! isn't ever gonna do anything with it,except punish paper twice a year at most,with Ping Pong Balls.

It'll be the "best" rifle she's ever had.

Laughing!....................

I'll feign my "surprise" that The Whining Kchunts became silent instantly,less a single rifle fhuqking "particular".

What were the "odds"?!?

Laughing!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Magnumdood,

Years ago I read about a five lug action. The bolt lift was about 35 degrees. On the Weatherby I used the word "three" lug so someone is not looking for something with about a 20 degree bolt lift. Mine is a six lug action built around the .30-06.

I would really like a small three lug titanium action for my next build. It seems one could get the action down to fifteen ounces.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Wow!

This is the next best thing to a Kimber thread for a love/hate relationship! grin

Hard for me to criticize the looks of a gun, as long as I'm slumming the McFlame wink

Last edited by ingwe; 09/23/15.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by geedubya
Afternoon' B,

[Linked Image]

240 Weatherby Mark V Accumark

JAPPFT,

GWB

Looks like Charles Manson went hunting....

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hatari

Looks like Charles Manson went hunting....

He's already posting here.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
No worries elk, he's just another alcohol-addled inbred on ignore. Hopefully, he won't procreate..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
No worries elk, he's just another alcohol-addled inbred on ignore. Hopefully, he won't procreate..

He already has .

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I don't ignore him any more. Among all the abuse and unfounded criticisms, he drops the occasional gold nugget regarding reloading & shooting. He once suggested I take notes. I do...now.

Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 2003and2013, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1minute, 61 invisible), 2,904 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,577
Posts18,453,995
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.