Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Picked up this nice Lazermark in 7 WBY mag last week. I'd never seen one in an oil finish/rust blue configuration so home it came. As stated over on the optics forum, I went to the "dark side" and affixed a 6X Leupold. I am very pleased with it, clear and bright with precise click adjustments:

[Linked Image]

Went to the range today with my standard loads from years ago using 140r TSXs and Ballistic tips. The top group are the BTs (3 shots) and the bottom one are four shots of the TSXs. Final one shot correction ( I only loaded five rounds, resides dead center atop the diamond and taped over (TSX).

[Linked Image]

Finally tried 154r Hornadys as well. Not bad, right at .75" but as you can see (and I expected) the TSXs continue to be the most accurate bullets I've ever shot:

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Excellent shooting Jorge. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Very nice, Jorge-

I don't know where the myth of Weatherby calibers being 'inaccurate' ever came from. My two MkV's are easily among the most accurate rifles I own.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Stirring the pot.

If I were to own a 7mm Wby,I would try 160 gr Nosler Partitions. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I would too! I just don't have any on hand, but I would also try a heavier TSX as well.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd check the bc on the 175 Partition and use that if going to stretch it out.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Weatherby's suck or so I have been told numerous times on this site.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I would too! I just don't have any on hand, but I would also try a heavier TSX as well.
You need to watch this place.

http://www.shootersproshop.com

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
As stated over on the optics forum, I went to the "dark side" and affixed a 6X Leupold. I am very pleased with it, clear and bright with precise click adjustments:

Stick is happy for you. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Both my 300 wby mag Deluxe and 270wby accumark are accurate. Both build like a brick sht house. But they are both heavy and have 26 inch barrels. The deluxe handles like a much lighter and short rifle and its a great looking rifle. I doubt I ever get rid of it. The accumark I could see myself letting it go. I dont care to give it away as its not eating anything in the safe but I did try to trade it on here awhile back for a standard caliber without success.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[Linked Image]

There are at least two reasons why this must be a 700 owner. ...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I think it was the windage adjustable bases that sealed it.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
jorge,Very nice rifle there..

Have a 7mm Wea. also, but it is a 700 with a Lilja barrel..
A great shooter.. I made it as a long range coyote rifle yeas ago.. But it has killed lots of big game for us.. You will love it..

As to the myth about Weatherby's being inaccurate when I was really getting money enough to buy some rifles, I wanted a .300 Wea. In the late 60's, I dealt with a huge gunshop that sold the Mark V's, plus some very fine semicustom rifles..
The reputation of the Weatherby rifle was that it was NOT accurate!!! I was told if I bought one 2" groups would be outstanding.. This shop sold one Weatherby that would not hold a group on an 8.5X11 sheet of paper.. Weatherby's reply was we build hunting rifles NOT target rifles..
At that time, my best pal bought a .300 Wea. but it was on an FN action and built with NO FREEBORE.. I shot it quite a bit an it was very accurate.. Rifles custom barreled in that area were often set up with no freebore..
Years later Weatherby built a rep. for accurate rifles, and it has held til now..

Molon Labe
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

three reasons...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Pretty much topped it off....For me as well.. I used to use a 300 WBY for all my hunting needs. The best thing about that rifle was it wasn't a Weatherby.. whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I used to run a kjap .257 DLX with 117 RN.
It jellied them in thier tracks.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Picked up this nice Lazermark in 7 WBY mag last week. I'd never seen one in an oil finish/rust blue configuration so home it came. As stated over on the optics forum, I went to the "dark side" and affixed a 6X Leupold. I am very pleased with it, clear and bright with precise click adjustments:

[Linked Image]

Went to the range today with my standard loads from years ago using 140r TSXs and Ballistic tips. The top group are the BTs (3 shots) and the bottom one are four shots of the TSXs. Final one shot correction ( I only loaded five rounds, resides dead center atop the diamond and taped over (TSX).

[Linked Image]

Finally tried 154r Hornadys as well. Not bad, right at .75" but as you can see (and I expected) the TSXs continue to be the most accurate bullets I've ever shot:

[Linked Image]

Probably as much Ooomph as you can buy in an open country rifle without getting beat to death on the back end. smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I never had any trouble with windage adjustable bases, and never figured out why the disdain for them.....

That said I think better are out there, and have switched over to Talleys on almost everything.

Tastes in rifles differs....with no set standard, at least for me....

Jorge, Im glad you got a good one that shoots...its a helluva good cartridge. I like the matte finish, I must say....

Bottom line though is you gotta be the one thats happy with it, and you plainly are.

Rock on! laugh

God invented Blondes, Brunettes and redheads for a reason...though I haven't figured out why he didn't just stop at blondes.... wink

Last edited by ingwe; 09/19/15.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,267 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,210
Posts18,466,168
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.