Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Awesome. Bummer that your in Kuwait and missed the party, but glad a buddy was available to witness/help in the fun.

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
BP-B2

R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Good shooting, congrats to all involved.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats!

Another great story of the Women getting it done with equipment many men would consider insufficient. Amazing what shot placement and a decent bullet will do.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That's great! Congrats to the young lady.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
TDN Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Way cool John!! Congrats man!

"You know why nobody panic buys 30-06 ammo? ... Because men with 30-06's don't panic"
IC B2

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
I'm currently stuck in Kuwait and was unable to get up to AK to take them hunting. But that didn't stop my wife and daughter they been going out with friends to try and fill their DM 406 cow permits ie valley cowtags in unit 14. Well this evening my baby girl shot her first moose, she's no tmuch a baby anymore but smile. Shot through the right shoulder hit both lungs she was using her model 70 push feed in a 270 Winchester using 140gr hornady interlocks. One shot one dead moose. I bought the rifle off BSA last year. Also the 140gr bullets bullets I used to reload were bought off him couple yrs back. Just talked to my buddy he said it was 75-80yd shot and the bullet was a complete pass thru.

My wife and daughter

[Linked Image]

That is so cool John!!! I'd be the proudest dad on earth right now if I were you. I'm glad to see those interlocks worked that good on that big beast.... Well, now I need to re-think why I sold those to you. Ha ha... Looks like everything worked and your daughter did a damn fine job putting that one on the ground. Tell her I am damn proud as well!!

Lawrence I let me daughter know and she said tell him I said thank you.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Promise last picture I put a red circle around the bullet entrance. I forgot to add her rifle is the a xtr featherweight. The load was the old std for any 270 Winchester. 58.5gr H 4831, cci 200, 140gr hornady btsp, I chrono it at 2,930 fps. I don't know the OAL off the top of my head. This load shoots exceptionally well in couple other 270's I have as well. It shot extremely well in my daughters rifle. The scope on the rifle is a good ol Leupold VXIIc 3-9x40. Also they were using primos shooting stick the ones with 3 legs and they worked out great so highly recommend for anyone that has kiddos and they need good support out in the field. What's funny on another forums I sometime frequent one of the guys was going on a rant how anything 7mm or smaller was meant for deer, antelope, coyotes in the lower 48 and bigger caliber should be used on moose. This was before my daughter rolled this cow up. I posted the same picture on that forum and he's been pretty quiet.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 79S; 09/20/15.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very nice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those two did a great job on the moose, that should make a whole lot of excellent meals. Love the chihuahua as well, maybe we should get a lucky pooch like that too smile

Pretty amazing what the good old 270 Win and similar rounds can do on big animals, "everyone knows" you need a big cannon for moose wink

Gerry.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Thats not even my family and I'm Tippin my hat to those two women for bustin dat moose n doin a stand up job ta'boot...Way ta go Ladies...AND Congrats ta you too DAD !!!...ScottyO.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Congrats to a couple of tough gals!

And to you: thanks for your service, come home safe!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most excellent! And one did not need a 45-70.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations to your daughter and wife!

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
"What's funny on another forums I sometime frequent one of the guys was going on a rant how anything 7mm or smaller was meant for deer, antelope, coyotes in the lower 48 and bigger caliber should be used on moose."

Guy's an idiot who probably has never killed a moose nor used anything other than a Magnum...

That lucky dog is definitely too small, but appears to be of good caliber. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Congrats to your ladies!

Thought they might have used a Ruger. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just want to say thanks guys... Alaska has taught my daughter a lot and the big one is how to be self reliant and providing for yourself and family and to share. I know it happens in the lower 48 but in Ak I think it takes on more, that moose she shot will feed two families. My buddy shot a moose and it will feed two families. That's the great thing about Ak majority of the time we share the kill with our friends and family.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well done! Congrats and good eats.

Stay safe over there.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
That last photo says it all!!! Congrats! That's one happy young lady!! Well done!! You're a lucky fellow!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice.
Thanks for sharing.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Love it. Beyond the hunting story there are some other noteworthy things at play. The thread author is serving his country overseas. So thanks for that! It's great to know that your family is strong and independent enough to pull off a moose hunt on their own. It's also great that you have a neighbor like the one with the Ranger who will lend a helping hand when needed. And to top it all off a high quality Cutco knife was used to skin that beast.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
95 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 769 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,764
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.