Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Guys,

I just posted the subject article at http://www.texas-mac.com/BPCR_Cleaning_and_Wiping_Rods.html
No revelations or surprises but it may help some novice shooters. Others may have differing opinions.

Wayne

NRA & TSRA Lifetime member. NSSF member. Author & Publisher of the Browning 1885 BPCR book.
See www.texas-mac.com
BP-B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks for the info, Wayne. You are correct that others may have different opinions, and I am one of those.

I make my own wiping rods, chamber mop tools, and rod guides. I believe mine are superior to those offered by the known vendors, if only because of the details that are labor intensive to produce, not because they are of a totally unique and original design, more like an improved version. Well, perhaps my rod guides, which were mentioned in an article in the Single Shot Exchange, my sole two minutes of fame in this arena.

For awhile I sold a few at matches, but it proved to not be worth my time. I will still make an item occasionally, if somebody really wants it. I also donate them for prizes at matches. These days I have other things going on in my life, and I'd really like to get back to pulling the trigger more often.

In your article you make the important distinction between bore cleaning rods and wiping rods. Granted, each type may serve the other purpose, but it will be less than optimal. That's why I don't put handles on my wiping rods. I don't see the point of having such an appendage flapping around when you are on the line. Different strokes, quite literally.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
198 members (300jimmy, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 01Foreman400, 18 invisible), 1,560 guests, and 856 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.