-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
... or at the very least limit the number of notifications in a given day.

I'm what you might call very board savvy. I owned and operated boards for over twenty years - my first board, which I sold to Rivals, was built on Matt's Scripts.

I got out of the business of building and selling forums a little over six years ago, but up until then I thought I had seen every form, every iteration of UBB PHP software known to man ... and I thought I knew how to tweak preferences on all of them.

But not this forum.

I've tried preferences, I've tried subscriptions (which shows I have none btw), I've tried watched topics.

I get a ton of email notifications and all of them have the same thing at the bottom ...

This email was sent to you because your profile and/or board configuration allows it.
You may change your preferences at any time.

... but I'll be damned if I cannot figure it out. I mean I get subscribing to the thread automatically unless you unchecked the Watched Topics radio button. But how to unsubscribe afterwards? How to change settings to once a day or once a week notifications per thread?

Thanks for any help in advance.

BTW, I am intentionally subscribing to this thread.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
"My Stuff" --> "Watched List" in each of the three watched lists there is an edit feature (top-right above page numbers list) that says, "Edit Watched -- Forums--Topics--Users". Click on that edit link and a window with editing options opens. I haven't tried it myself yet but it looks like you should be able to remove an entry or multiple entries as well as select/remove email notifications. Be worth a try. Hope it helps.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
That did it - thanks!

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Good! Glad it worked for you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm still having the same problem.

If I post on a thread or start one, I'm automatically signed up as one of my "watched topics" even though I didn't.

When I click on the magnifying glass and hit "stop watching this topic", I get an error message and nothing happens.

I had to go into "my preferences" and just turn off email notifications for watched topics or I would have to shoot my computer.

FIX THIS POR FAVOR!!!!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
I'm still having the same problem.

If I post on a thread or start one, I'm automatically signed up as one of my "watched topics" even though I didn't.

When I click on the magnifying glass and hit "stop watching this topic", I get an error message and nothing happens.

I had to go into "my preferences" and just turn off email notifications for watched topics or I would have to shoot my computer.

FIX THIS POR FAVOR!!!!

When starting a new thread or posting a reply to an ongoing thread using the "Full Reply Screen" you must remove the check mark from the little box in front of where it says "Add this thread to my Watched Topics." -

(located bottom-left directly beneath the full reply screen)

File Manager (Total Files: 0)
Add this thread to my Watched Topics.
Add my signature to this post.

If you don't, it will be automatically added to your "Watched Topics" every time.
Apparently it's a default setting as it is always preselected until you manually remove the check mark.
You will need to remove that check mark on each and every post you make using the "Full Reply Screen" mode.
Not really a big deal once you get used to doing it.
No idea why it is set up this way but it is what it is and that's the only way I know of to prevent it.

Hope this helps some.

(As far as I can tell, when you post to an ongoing thread using the "Quick Reply" screen it doesn't automatically get added to your "Watched Topics", at least it hasn't yet on my end.)

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 70 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,326
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.