Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
The Avengers 2 Starts Production In Early 2014 Outside Of London

Watch Breaking Dawn Part 2 Online Here�s one way to guarantee that a major movie studio films its massive tentpole picture in your country: Pay millions for the privilege of hosting a production that�s sure to generate thousands of jobs and potentially goose the local economy. That�s likely on the minds of Australian officials who, according to Deadline, are prepared to pay Disney $22.5 million to ensure that David Fincher shoots his planned adaptation of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea in the land down under. The site says that the deal is �contingent on casting,� but is sounding like it is very close to moving forward. Hosting of the massive production would be shared by Fox Studios in Sydney and Village Roadshow Studios in Queensland. Deadline cites the budget for Fincher�s underwater adventure at $150 million.

Watch Oz The Great And Powerful Online Obviously, this is a massive gamble for any studio, which is why the 20,000 Leagues adaptation has been languishing in development hell for years. At one point, back in 2009, McG was interested in tackling the project, and The Rock was circling a lead role. Fincher first came on board in 2010, and has been developing the movie behind the scenes ever since. As for casting, Channing Tatum is the name most recently linked to the blockbuster, though he�s so popular right now, he probably hears his name attached to virtually every project that comes down the pipeline. This would be Fincher�s first film since The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and a lengthy shoot could derail potential Girl sequels as well as table Fincher�s rumored interest in Gillian Flynn�s Gone Girl. Which would you rather see Fincher dedicate his time to? Let us know.

Watch Die Hard 5 Online Those who loved the 2010 comedy Hot Tub Time Machine may want to toast this news with a can of "Chernobly." This is the End's Craig Robinson says the sequel to the film is set to go into production in the beginning of June. At this point though, it sounds like negotiations are still ongoing and there's an updated script coming. The original movie starred Robinson, John Cusack, Clark Duke and Rob Corddy as three guys and a nephew who head off to a ski resort that was once a hot spot but is now especially rundown. When their Russian energy drink gets mixed up in the controls of their hot tub, they find themselves sent back to the 80s and into their former selves where they're given an opportunity to set things right in their lives. As Collider points out, the film has a reputation for being a flop because its opening weekend only logged $14 million, but the movie did manage to gross $50 million domestic and the film certainly has its fans. Enough for a sequel? It sounds like we'll find out.

Watch Warm Bodies Online Robinson told Collider that they're "going back into production in the beginning of June" for the sequel. It sounds like the core cast isn't locked down just yet, and there's no confirmation of whether or not John Cusack is confirmed - back in January, word was that he wasn't going to be involved - but it also doesn't sound like a sure thing that the star has ruled it out. "Negotiations are still going on," Robinson said, when asked about the status of the cast. So who knows? Maybe they'll find a way to get Cusack back on the slopes, or wherever it is that this sequel is set.

Watch Admission Online Robinson didn't have any specifics to offer on the plot, as he says he saw an early version of the script, but it sounds like things have changed since then. He did say Hot Tub Time Machine 2 will aim to pay homage to the first movie and keep it fresh and funny. So does that mean Crispin Glover's limbs will be safe this time around? Or not safe? I suppose the answer to that would fall somewhere near the line between paying homage and being fresh and funny. I'm sure they could come up with a host of new scenarios that put the Back to the Future star in danger if Glover ends up returning for the sequel. There's also the matter of the time period, will the film return to the 80s? Or is it time to visit the 90s for a bit? Again, there's no word on that, but if Robinson is right about the timeline for the sequel's production, we may be hearing more details on the project as June approaches.

Watch From Up On Poppy Hill Online Charlize Theron is on board to co-produce the film, as well as star in the project, playing Libby Day, a woman who once testified against her brother, Ben, believing him to have murdered their mother and two sisters when she was just seven. Twenty-five years later, Libby's confronted by a group called the Kill Club who are interested in learning the details of the murder in the hopes of finding proof that they might be able to use to free Ben. Deadline reports that Moretz is in negotiations to play the role of Diondra in the story, though they don't offer any specifics on the character, beyond her name.

Fans of the book will likely have something to say on whether or not the role is right for Moretz. Regardless, we know she is well equipped to handle dark roles (or places). And her planned participation in Dark Places is just one of numerous projects coming up for the actor. Not only is she reprising her role as Hit-Girl for Kick-Ass 2, but she's also set to play the title role in the upcoming new adaptation of Stephen King's Carrie.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have a pterodactyl and I'm not afraid to use it.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Plinker
I have a pterodactyl and I'm not afraid to use it.

[Linked Image]

will it hurt a snake?

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Typical Hollywood.....no original thinking, just remaking old films or doing Part 2,3,4,5....

I read so many great books that would make great movies, but all I see being made is poor remakes, often of "classic" movies that should NOT be redone. They are close to "perfect" the first time they were made.

Can't wait for someone to remake Gone With The Wind.....staring Will Smith as Rett Butler, Lucy Liu as Scarlett and The Rock as Ashley Wilkes. Of course there would be no mention of the Confederate States of America and certainly no showing of the Confederate flag. Maybe they could just skip the war entirely.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 6 invisible), 1,588 guests, and 750 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,557
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.