Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
You're welcome any time.

Travis

Thanks, man. Now you've just gotta give me a job and fill out some sponsorship paperwork, and I'll be on my way! grin

GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by deflave
You're welcome any time.

Travis

Thanks, man. Now you've just gotta give me a job and fill out some sponsorship paperwork, and I'll be on my way! grin

Do you know autocad drafting?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a quick learner grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wonder if a guy came down to Montana to shoot antelope and took his Montucky topped with a blister pack BSA scope with and then came back with a Chicken on top - would Dudley Do-Right even notice?

Me

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Kinda doubt anyone is paying that much attention.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nor would Dudley even care or ask.

β€œLive free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Which would be a good way for Jordan to see Montana - shoot a prairie goat, meet 'flave and score a chicken.

Package deal.

Me

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
We've met Jordan at the Icebreaker, and gotten some trigger-time in. He's good people.

As I recall though, it was a fair amount of admin just to bring rifles back and forth across the border, and Jordan was flying slick, due to the time delays.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is meeting flave a requirement for visiting MT, I was going to try to visit some time next year and that might be a deal breaker laugh

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know GFM

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
We've met Jordan at the Icebreaker, and gotten some trigger-time in. He's good people.

As I recall though, it was a fair amount of admin just to bring rifles back and forth across the border, and Jordan was flying slick, due to the time delays.

Thanks, Shane! You were kind enough to let me test drive your rifle, which I really appreciated, and we had some fun smacking that 1700 meter plate around with those 208's from your .308! Pat and I actually got the kinks worked out so I could bring some rifles with me this past April, but unfortunately I had to cancel my trip at the last minute due to some work troubles. Hopefully this coming spring will work out!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal
Wonder if a guy came down to Montana to shoot antelope and took his Montucky topped with a blister pack BSA scope with and then came back with a Chicken on top - would Dudley Do-Right even notice?

I had exactly that same thought.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any of you Canucks interested in a SS 10X with mil dots, contact me via pm. I have one with side focus I am willing to sell assuming you pay postage to the great white north. $275. This is the one they sell for $399.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 10/02/15.

ΞœΞŸΞ›Ξ©Ξ ΛΑΒΕ
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Any of you Canucks interested in a SS 10X with mil dots, contact me via pm. I have one with side focus I am willing to sell assuming you pay postage to the great white north. $275. This is the one they sell for $399.

For you to do so you would be breaking U.S. law..
Just a hint..

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Nrut

Just a hint..

I've been tempted to get some American friends send me a 6x or two, but just can't risk them getting in trouble just to send me a scope. Maybe one day I'll go down and buy a couple and either bring them back or send them to myself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Just a hint..

You Clueless Drooling Dumbfhuqks are a hoot!

GREAT time to cite any/all "laws" that preclude same,as per your Imagination and it's Pretend. Do not "forget" "particulars" and be sure to go for the throat. Laughing!

Who chews your food for you?!?

Fhuqking WOW +P+.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Just a hint..

You Clueless Drooling Dumbfhuqks are a hoot!

GREAT time to cite any/all "laws" that preclude same,as per your Imagination and it's Pretend. Do not "forget" "particulars" and be sure to go for the throat. Laughing!

Who chews your food for you?!?

Fhuqking WOW +P+.....................

It is not illegal per se, but requires the appropriate export license with federal approval. Compliance with export regulations is subject to interpretation by the person considering the item or request. So, there is not always consistency in application, and different agencies and departments within the agency can have differing interpretations, resulting in conflicting applications of the regulations. For a starting point for consideration, and there are others,

15 C.F.R. Β§ 774.2, OA987

0A987 Optical sighting devices for firearms (including shotguns controlled by 0A984); and β€œcomponents” as follows (see List of Items Controlled).
License Requirements
Reason for Control: FC, CC, UN
Control(s) Country Chart (See Supp. No. 1 to part 738)
FC applies to optical sights for firearms, including shotguns described in ECCN 0A984, and related parts FC Column 1.
CC applies to entire entry CC Column 1.
UN applies to entire entry See Β§ 746.1(b) for UN controls.
List Based License Exceptions (See Part 740 for a description of all license exceptions)
LVS: N/A
GBS: N/A
CIV: N/A
List of Items Controlled
Related Controls: N/A
Related Definitions: N/A

Items:

a. Telescopic sights.

b. Holographic sights.

c. Reflex or β€œred dot” sights.

d. Reticle sights.

e. Other sighting devices that contain optical elements.

f. Laser pointing devices designed for use on firearms.

g. Lenses, other optical elements and adjustment mechanisms for articles in paragraphs a, b, c, d or e.

Also, it is worth noting SWFA's own statement on the subject: "SWFA, Inc. has decided to cease all international sales due to credit card fraud and the majority of the products SWFA, Inc. offers, being restricted and prohibited for export by the United States government."

http://swfa.com/ExportPolicy.aspx

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for heads up all. I will look into it and clearly won't violate the law. The initial conversation made me think it was an SWFA policy. Yikes.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 10/03/15.

ΞœΞŸΞ›Ξ©Ξ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just have Stick send you one, easy peasy...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 16bore
Just have Stick send you one, easy peasy...

I heard he gets them cheep and he might even own part of the company. The Campfires very own supper hero. It's a bird it's a plane no it's super stick. LOL.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

455 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 44 invisible), 2,104 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,762
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.