Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Ok so the prize was not from shooting in the Hearst Doubles, but from the North Store. Picked up a field grade Winchester Garand, which happened to be a LEAD rebuild and considerably nicer than the hang tag rating. 1.2M receiver/ springfield 45 barrel.
BTW, my partner and I ranked 101/246 thanks to a saved round when my gun wouldn't run right in rapids. shot my best at 600 with and 85. Don't laugh Jeff and Barry, I'm a 68 year young blind guy. learned a lot from my partner though.

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Making it to Perry as a shooter is on my bucket list ....

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cool smile

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I got to cross that one off in 1974!-Muddy

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Photos of the Winny?

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
FRST, I'll see if I can do that for you:)

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great catch and congrats on a good time at Perry!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
With a saved round, 101 ain't nothing to sneeze at!

I think I'd have made the cut almost every year but my elevation at 300 rapid was far enough off that a knot of 9s generally sucked.. LOL. When they allowed a zero in match, that all changed...though by that time I had a few years of near misses that gave me an idea of how much to change my zero from home.

Get the gun running and go back and kick tail next year!!!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Jeff, thanks for the compliment, but I think you have the Hearst Doubles confused with the Presidents 100. Didn't even shoot the Presidents this year cause the schedule is all messed up. as for the FTF, either a long round or tipped in mag. got it to feed after the third try and ran out of time frown

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yep, you are right, I did confuse the too. All I can say its been hot here.. must have fried my brain.

But still all in all, you had a great time!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You did better than me.
I agree, coming in the top 1/2 with a saved round (or even without!) isn't too bad.

Check you ammo and make sure they are loaded to 2.25". 2.26" is too long due to variance in bullet lengths.

That Win sounds like a nice gun. I hope you can post a picture. Are you going to "fix it up" or leave it as-is?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Barry, my partner carried me as I shot an 83, 84(saved rd)and 85. he should as a high master. Win. already went to my son, who is trying to fill out his collection. will try to get pictures, though.

Last edited by m1rifleman; 08/20/15.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You and Jeff crack me up,....hell man, I'll take all the 9s I can get.

Congrats on the new Winchester, long may you both run !

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Great.. Never made it to Perry.. My neighbor always went, and we made plans to go the next summer, but he was killed in an accident in Dec. He was a great rifleman..

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Lets just say Carolyn and I were kind of taken in by all of Perry, but somewhat afraid to go to nationals as marksmen.... Not knowing anyone and all

Local fellow that got us started always went and we had big plans to go and take it all in.

He had life issues pop up at the last minute, we had alreayd signed up for th ematches...

We drove ourselves, not having a clue and had a GRAND time. Just flat great.

We were so enamored we grabbed every medal we qualified for. Medals don't impress me now like they did when we were kids.

But all in all anyone can and should go, at least once, even if by yourself. You will not find finer folks, willing to help and so on( unless its your first time in the P100 and you are shooitng so well through 300 you are in the top 100 but don't trust your wind call and listen to someone tell you, you and the wife's guesses are wrong... we both shot 7s, had we used our guesses we'd have likely had Xs.. just enough to dump us...)

But its a grand time!

I doubt I could hold the 9 ring anymore.... But I really should, and get lectured the other weekend again, try to get 10 more pistol leg points... got 20, both gold obviously, in the first 2 matches I ever shot... 3rd match I crossfired... GREG..... and never fired another pistol match again.. Just due to life. And not having a pistol. Had to beg and borrow as n othing we have qualifies and I didn't want to spend 1800 on a Beretta at the time for 10 more poitns... LOL.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jeff,
They just changed the rules for pistol legs - now just about any pistol qualifies. You can even shoot a Ruger! smile

Islam is a terrorist organization.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wow, and I think I read that you can shoot 4 legs plus a perry leg.

Likely will never happen though... I suspect my shooting days are over, just to much in love with Alaska, that all our time goes to figuring retirment and such out.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 16 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.