Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
The Timney trigger in my Springfield 1922 M2 has developed some creep. Can this be remedied by the owner using the adjusting screws or is a job for a gunsmith? How do you go about using the adjusting screws to remove the creep. I have looked at Timney's website but the instructions there are not very helpful.

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
have you cleaned the trigger

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought you WERE a gunsmith?...
Have you tried calling Timney?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From the PM gunswizard sent me, and then removed herself from:
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Sir,

I am a gunsmith but that doesn't mean I know everything, I sometimes ask for advice. Your remark was unwarranted, in the future unless you can add something constructive please refrain from posting. Please consider this PM to be rhetorical, no reply sought.

Thanks,

BT

My seperate PM to reply:
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
#1. I said I thought were a gunsmith, because I thought I remembered you saying you were gunsmith at some point. No slight was intended, but clearly you found some. My query obviously struck some nerve with you. I'll say now though that a "gunsmith" who can't figure out how to adjust a user friendly trigger like a Timney even with instructions is not a real confidence booster... I would think that any "gunsmith" who could find his ass with both hands could manage it. My suggestion to call Timney was a genuine one. They are more than helpful, and back their product well.

#2. Sending PM's to chastise someone for your perceived offense, and then removing yourself from the PM is a very "bitch" move. Though given your overt sensitivity in this case I find it less than surprising.

I'll not remove myself from this PM so you can feel free to reply or delete it. I'd wager it's clear which path you'll choose though.
Tom

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I am seeking information not a pissing match with a troll who is so ignorant as to not know the meaning of rhetorical nor PM (private message). One more placed on ignore.

Last edited by gunswizard; 09/30/15.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry bitch, I asked a question and offered a suggestion. YOU got your puzzy hurt. I understand Private Mesaages and what rhetorical means just fine, but if you send me an unsolicited PM acting like a chick what's rhetorical or private isn't exactly your call.
Again the idea of a "gunsmith" sending a gun off to another gunsmith because he can't figure out how to adjust a Timney trigger is damned funny.

Timney- 1-866-484-6639 or 1-888-914-4897

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I have forgotten more about gunsmithing than you will ever know, besides who are you to judge? You know perfectly well what you were doing asking "I thought you were a gunsmith". Part of being a professional is knowing when to ask a question, many times it is the expedient way to get a solution. Asking others does not dimish one's qualifications. I also know how to behave in a civil manner, not making snide remarks, using foul language or questioning one's sexuality. Crass & crude as has come to typify posters like above. If you cannot make a positive contribution or say anything nice then not responding is the civilized, gentlemanly thing to do. Look back in the gunsmithing section archive and see how much gunsmithing information I have shared from a career in the trade of 40 years. Then ask yourself "what have I contributed"?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought you were going to put me on ignore?...

I asked a question, and I offered advice. You got your puzzy hurt because you took it wrong, and now you won't back off it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Call Timney, case closed!!

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Did I say I was going to do it instantaneously? Why do you feel it necessary to use language that you need to mis-spel in order to get by the filter? Another example of crass & crude, notice my replies all use civil adult language. You can quit worrying, you are now on ignore. You never answered my question as to what gunsmithing knowledge you have contributed in 7635 posts. A lot of your stuff seems to be more of a confrontational rather than informational nature.

Last edited by gunswizard; 09/30/15.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A gunsmith asking about how to adjust a timney trigger is freaking hilarious!

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My point exactly...
He still doesn't have me on ignore either. Maybe he'll start a thread asking how to do that too.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I always appreciate when a GUNSMITH asks me how to adjust a trigger. It saves me the pain of ever sending anything ( the rifle ) in the wrong direction.

As far as your 30/06 developing Creep. I'd likely start by putting some lok-tite on the screw that holds the trigger on and tighten it back down.

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GregW
A gunsmith asking about how to adjust a timney trigger is freaking hilarious!

When I quoted "Gunlizard" on a simple vice and file job that really subtended to FIRST YEAR APPRENTICE grade "smithing",...indicating that it would be billed out as Mill and lathe time ,....he got all chitty, and read me off the riot act about his illustrious career as a fine smith,....etc. ,....etc.

Than the "puzzy" PM routine,....just like what Tom just related.
...than ignore,...

Far as I can tell the old sucker's a metal hack, and scam artist, trying to get restoration work done on his trading stock at budget basement $$
....may have been responsible for sweeping floors in some Gun Factory once, but quite a bit shy of making a pimple on a smith's ass.

Pizz on him and alla' this "polite" crap.

Now which way should I turn this, and what's your choice of penetrating oil ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Another troll heard from, worthless confrontational posts are his style too. Seldom contributes anything worthwhile, acting like a pimple faced adolescent hiding behind his computer keyboard hurling insults must be how he gets his jollies. Most 'fire folks know these types for what they are.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The funny thing about that last line of your's gunswizard is that a damn good amount of 'fire regulars have met or know me in person. Same for crossfireoops. I've made a lot of very good friends here.
How many can you say that for gunswizard?

By the way that Timney still got you stumped? For all your crowing about wanting to find the most expedient answer it sure seems calling Timney would have been the faster route.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've seen some real impressive posts from the Wizard over the years. It's never not funny

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems at the very least that he should change his handle, or put a smiley face behind it. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
If a Timney has creep, look at engagement, it may be too much. You don't need a lot. I'd get the specs from Timney if I didn't know how much was enough, or too little.

Generally Timneys are very good triggers, I have several and none have been problems in any way.

DF

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If I was the OP I'd take it to a gunsmith.

F*ck I crack myself up

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

280 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,468
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.