Campfire Outfitter
T
I ordered a T2 today, glad I did.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Junk.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
guess I'll just toss my EOTech sights in the garbage.

Not........

Sam......

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The fact that the EoTech is a piece of crap is nothing new, it just happened to make it to the right folks.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really don't care if they don't work in temperatures that I'll never use it in anyway. That's like telling me my car will explode at 120mph. I'd still drive it every day.

There's a group of guys near here that were making entries with iron sights because their Aimpoints all sucked so bad (battery life and wandering zeroes).

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I know there's more than a few guys who have never had an issue with eo-thingies and had problems with the older CompM2's. I prefer the eo's reticle but out of the half dozen I've had, I've had them shut off due to recoil, low batteries, wandering zero and the dots turning into a blur. I've tried to make them work but have lost faith in them. I did have one 512 that gave me no problems but felt like I was waiting for it to quit.

I had an older M2 that ate batteries but 2 ML3's, and an H1 that never gave me any problems. So after this last challenge I decided I needed another red dot. The T2 got the nod after a lot of research and my own experiences.

If the eo-thingies work for y'all, that's great but I'll stick with Aimpoints.

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
how much wandering did the aimpoint users see? which model was it?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I bought another one yesterday. That makes 3 spares. Should be good now. I love them, have never had a problem with any, and use them mostly on very heavy kickers.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Irons don't burn up batteries to bad... LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Irons are slower and harder to see in low light.

Irons have their place but there's a good reason red dots are so popular.

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I hit better off hand with a 2 or 4 MOA red dot and a geisslee SSA-E trigger than Iron sights, however both of my self defense guns have flip up iron sights on them.

I did not like the T2 however.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I forgot the smiley...

But for house use, an AR would not have to have any sights IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
its all good dude, despite any disagreements we have we are all still good God fearing people. I just read the website 4Chan where others were encouraging that 20 year old kid in Oregon to do what he did. What is WRONG with people these days, how did we ever lose our respect for human life?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
its all good dude, despite any disagreements we have we are all still good God fearing people. I just read the website 4Chan where others were encouraging that 20 year old kid in Oregon to do what he did. What is WRONG with people these days, how did we ever lose our respect for human life?
Over 40 years of unimpeded abortion had an impact.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I plan to try out a new Trijicon MRO for my HD 300 SBR.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
how much wandering did the aimpoint users see? which model was it?

I don't know how much. Enough for them to notice and get pissed off about it.

It was the PRO.

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
if it ever stops raining here in GA I will have to check the zero on mine again..

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have used EoTechs, the 512 and the XPS, and Aimpoints, a CompM2, Comp CL3, T1, and PRO...the Aimpoints are a better sight in every single way.

I had wandering zero issues with the XPS. I had never contributed it to heat, but thinking back, maybe it was. It loved in a patrol car during the heat of the summer, so temps were likely well over 150 degrees at times. At the time, I chalked it up to it just being a POS.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
if it ever stops raining here in GA I will have to check the zero on mine again..

They're waterproof, Polly.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by deflave

They're waterproof, Polly.

Dave
We know you don't know enough to come in out of the rain, but most do.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That's because you're a pussy.

Travis

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by deflave
That's because you're a pussy.

Travis
............yawn

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Figured that'd get you to open wide.

Stay warm and dry little guy!

Travis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If I was a betting man, I would bet that 90% of the Military don't have their weapons sighted in any better than 4 moa when they go into combat.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Canadians... wink

Maybe it's a scam the govt. is pulling to get everyone to dump their eo-thingies. Why else would they put out a warning when so many here have never had any problems with them?

I'm just glad I try enough different optics and shoot enough to see what works for me. I don't need no stinking fake report from the govt. to scare me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
These reports are concerning the Military and not Military wannabe's and weekend warriors

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I am a military Wannabe! I Wanna my stuff to work!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why would it not concern someone who lives in a cold or hot place?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
can't use an EOT anyway, due to astigmatism.

laser, 1x Prism, or scope

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
So they'll work just fine for all the wannabe''s but not for the military? What about LE or gamers?

Once again you've saved the day with your brilliance bea

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TWR
So they'll work just fine for all the wannabe''s but not for the military? What about LE or gamers?

Once again you've saved the day with your brilliance bea

I'm sure they work fine in video games.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
smile

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just don't see what the problem is here. Mine works great. It sits in an air conditioned house, then rides in an air conditioned Jeep to the range where it gets used in some pretty rough conditions (shade but no A/C.) Hell, I even took it out once this year when it got up to 95deg that day. Pretty brutal conditions if you ask me.

I can assure you I've never had a problem with mine! wink

All kidding aside that is a real shame as I really like mine. It's fast, easy to use and the reticle doesn't "bloom" like my Aimpoint tends to. I thought they had most of the gremlins fixed with the XPS version, apparently not. Mine actually has been a great sight but I've never put it through anything extreme. That said, leaving it in the car on a hot summers day while you eat lunch at your favorite burger joint could put this sight over the edge according to the report. It might be time to consider a replacement.

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I liked the XPS as a "sight" better than the aim points, it seems to not bloom for me either. If they fix the current problem and get the battery life near the T1 I would still be interested.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Battery life on the newer models is sufficient and I do like the XPS version but they need to invest in better technology. I read on M4carbine yesterday a guy had 2 of them get real dim while he and his wife were shooting. Took a break and ate lunch and they started working right again. A few other guys chimed in with the same problem.

It's a shame they can't trace the problem down and fix it for good. If they got the reliability issue fixed, they'd corner the market.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Something is amiss with the "broken" Aimpoints mentioned above. Not that they can't go down, but multiple ones having issues means that something else is happening.

EOtechs have had major issues since the first version. Those who say that they have never had a problem are the same people that shoot a couple magazines through a DPMS and claim it's as good as Colt/BCM/etc. every single one that I have owned or been issued which is several dozen, from before they were even known as EoTechs, have had major issues.

EoTechs have been the standard issue red dot for SOCOM for years. Their problems are WELL known. The reason that guys us d them are that they are issued and despite what people believe, Green Berets/SEALs/Rangers/etc. are NOT gun guys and could give two flips what they use. The second reason that they were/are used- is life is quite different when one can just turn it in when it breaks. I still use them for very select reasons/situations, but if I even have a bad dream that it's broke I'll turn it in and get a new one.

Aimpoint for the win and by miles.

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I think the XPS version is OK for a hobby gun, just as is the Vortex Sparc. For the money the sparc is probably the smarter deal. That the Eotech's cost $5-600 is beyond reason.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, something is definitely amiss. Broken optics and people's perception that Aimpoints are infallible are two things amiss.

I have no doubt that Aimpoints are more reliable than Eotechs, but if we refer to a broken Aimpoint as "broken" then our biases have clouded our view of reality.

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
the eotech works just fine, problem is most don't know how to mount the thing on the gun. Here is the correct way.

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Yes, something is definitely amiss. Broken optics and people's perception that Aimpoints are infallible are two things amiss.

I have no doubt that Aimpoints are more reliable than Eotechs, but if we refer to a broken Aimpoint as "broken" then our biases have clouded our view of reality.

I'm not saying that I don't believe you. I'm saying that myself and everyone else I know/talk with about the subject who see hundreds of models of each every year with a bunch of rounds fired at places with high enough accuracy standards to notice zero shifts, all have found the same things- only a couple out of every hundred Aimpoints show issues, but almost every EoTech will have issues whether it's battery contacts, dead zones on the glass, thermal zero shift (and if you put a rifle in a vehicle it goes WAAAY beyond what is needed to shift the zero), accelerated battery usage, etc.

The only time I have seen multiple Aimpints have issues, is when the organization/users didn't tighten the rings because they thought they were already tight. 4 out of 6 brand new Aimpoints had loose rings and the users were pissed and wanting their EoTechs back until it was pointed out that they weren't tightened down.

If I saw multiple Aimpoints (especially new ones) have wandering zeroes and eating batteries I'd have the AP military rep on the phone before the guys could even get the scopes off.

Nothing is infallible but that situation isn't normal in any way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
678 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 2,763 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,647
Posts18,399,078
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.