Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Isn't he just stating the obvious? If at some point it looked like he wasn't going to have a good chance of winning, why would he wish to stay in the race? Just about every candidate drops out if it reaches that point.

Yes that is the way it works, but....When you announce that you will bow out the minute you are no longer in the lead that sends a message to all who have more then a single brain cell that your not serious about winning!

Lets say your a Ted Cruz supporter and you believe all the junk that comes out of his mouth to the point that you have invested in his Super Pac. Then out of the blue he mentions he would only stay in the race only if he was leading in the polls. Being we are a year+ out from the election do you as the supporter feel confident that your candidate is in it to win it? The lead changes week by week and primary to primary. Still feel confident your candidate is in it for the long haul?

Both of the GOP's nominees in the past 2 national elections were not always winning primaries of the leading in the polls and both were serious about being president. Trump is not expecting to win let alone see a primary win!

Trump just tipped his hand and is looking for the next self promotion opportunity!

Trump/Hillary 2016!

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
You my man are on top of your regs but.....Have I offered anything for sale? You are sharp but not very smart!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Originally Posted by KFWA
so he's saying he's going to do what every other candidate would do?

Name another candidate who says that will quit if they are not winning?? Most candidates are in it to win it....

Are you drunk? You don't make any sense, which is the usual case!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by twofish
See my post of 9/2/15.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...374854/Trump_and_Ben_Carson#Post10374854

I still think this has a good chance of happening.

twofish

I think you closer to the truth than most! Good post and a good observation. I still think he is a Hillary support dressed up like a conservative.

Luv2safari:

I'm still convinced Trump is too cozy with the Clintons and has an agreement with them.

My prediction is that he'll manufacture a big chasm between him and the mainstream Republican powers, then state he is not being allowed to campaign and is getting no support, so it's time to go 3rd party. He might not get on the ballot in every State, but he'll be on in the crucial swing States. It is plenty to broadside any Republican candidate and give Hitlery a walk in landslide. Congress will change on her coat tails.

Mix crooked politicians with the "Art of the Deal". shocked

I hope I'm all wet, and nothing works out even remotely like this, but my hunch says otherwise. And, yes, I would vote Trump, should he somehow become the Republican choice.

You my man are spot on!

Last edited by northwestalaska; 09/30/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by twofish
See my post of 9/2/15.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...374854/Trump_and_Ben_Carson#Post10374854

I still think this has a good chance of happening.

twofish

I think you closer to the truth than most! Good post and a good observation. I still think he is a Hillary support dressed up like a conservative.

Trump has never claimed he was a conservative, a true one.

An assault weapons ban, three day waiting periods, and single-payer socialized medicine aren't very conservative foundations. He'll take care of us all is his mantra.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Trump has never claimed he was a conservative, a true one.

An assault weapons ban, three day waiting periods, and single-payer socialized medicine aren't very conservative foundations. He'll take care of us all is his mantra

Damn! There are only a few here who don't drink the Kool-Aid and you are one! You realize that you are going to PISS these guys off because you are challenging them to remove the blinders.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want a true conservative as our candidate and President, not a changeling.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
A real campfire bet is a box of bullets....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Tough to ship and why not the end result of a single well placed bullet? Results my man!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Not ammo, bullets. Nothing hard about that. If you were here for any other reason than to troll you would know that ....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by okie
Not ammo, bullets. Nothing hard about that. If you were here for any other reason than to troll you would know that ....

Come on! I have never tried to pretend to be here for any other reason other than to point out the Obvious! Some call it trolling (usually the one who are looking foolish) some call it providing another point of view! Do you choose to live in a echo chamber? Not me, I enjoy your point of view. All those liberal forms are filled with silly liberal points of view and that can be so boring! You guys are just CRAZY and we all love that "Crazy Train"!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Donald Trump Just Revealed The One Thing That Would Make Him Drop Out

In a interview yesterday Trump set the stage for his departure. I have been telling you guys that he will not see it through and he is showing his hand how it will happen. When Trump is finished with his side show there will be a wonder and damaged GOP left behind!

I know this pisses you guys off but some of you see what I am saying. Trump is working for himself and for Hillary! Max I give him till Christmas.

Lauer followed up, asking: “If the polls change and you are no longer the person everybody is talking about, Donald with all the great things going on in your life in other areas, do you have the stomach to stick this out?”

Trump:

“I’m a practical person,” Trump responded. “If I see things aren’t going well, like for instance there are people right now in the Republican Party who are not doing well I don’t think it’s going to change for many of them, at some point you have to get out. Right now, I’m leading every poll…I get the biggest crowds by far. I had 20,000 in Dallas I had 35,000 people in Mobile, Alabama, you know so far it’s looking good…So I will go and if I think for some reason it’s not going to work, I’ll go back to my business.”

You need to get off the 'coke' you're snortin and maybe change over to a good whiskey! Possibly your comprehension would improve!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I know that reality can be a scary thing for those among us who keep the blinders on tight. When Trump bows out, your left with 1-2 candidates who "Can't" win and the Dems walk into the WH I am guessing you will be on the "whiskey" pretty hard.

Chin Up, it's easier to hit that way!

Good night gentlemen.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by okie

Come on! I have never tried to pretend to be here for any other reason other than to point out the Obvious! Some call it trolling (usually the one who are looking foolish) some call it providing another point of view! Do you choose to live in a echo chamber? Not me, I enjoy your point of view. All those liberal forms are filled with silly liberal points of view and that can be so boring! You guys are just CRAZY and we all love that "Crazy Train"!

Don't divert Walt stay on topic. Bullets. You do reload don't you...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I know that reality can be a scary thing for those among us who keep the blinders on tight. When Trump bows out, your left with 1-2 candidates who "Can't" win and the Dems walk into the WH I am guessing you will be on the "whiskey" pretty hard.

Chin Up, it's easier to hit that way!

Good night gentlemen.

When Trump bows out we will be left with 3-4 candidates who are polling higher head-to-head than Trump ever has with the Dems.
No problem...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender
MOST, as in almost all, of the potential R contenders will drop out.

One would have to have their head out of their ass to understand that however.

How many announce it prior to the point they shut it down?

Virtually EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. if asked the same question (refer to your original quote) in an interview.

Are you being intentionally dense?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Furthermore Walt, you are incapable of distinguishing an "announcement" from a "response".

time for you to sit back and read, and let the men discuss.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 54 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,847
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.