Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
He was pecking on my rough cedar siding and I was not having any of it. My trusty RWS Model 45 Diana made him see the error of his ways.
whelennut

GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Woody? No No, say it ain't so. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by whelennut
He was pecking on my rough cedar siding and I was not having any of it. My trusty RWS Model 45 Diana made him see the error of his ways.
whelennut

Great. Go ahead and admit to a Federal felony on an open forum.

http://www.mn-wildlifecontrol.com/woodpeckers.html

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kinda what I was thinking. Not that I disagree with whacking one that needs it. SSS

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ahh the catch 22 of participating in an online forum..Lol

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Akin to the DSMFers that rob some place or deal drugs or similar, and post photos and claims on FaceBook and Twitter.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It was no woodpecker. It was just a
peckerwood.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
What's it like to be so scared of the gov't ?

If a protected -not protected or even an extinct critter starts tearing my house up it's getting shot.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mail the Dead Frigging Woodpecker to the White House and tell them to Kiss Your Ass

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was just a
peckerwood.

According to a black guy that I used to work with, that is a racist word. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is wrong with you?

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Your first thought should have been that the bird was telling you about the food living in that siding. Geez...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The idiocy on this thread is mind boggling.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lots of destructive, overpopulated winged pests protected by the migratory bird treaty that shoudn't be. Fugg the stupid azzholes that protect these varmints. If the last living critter of it's kind starts destroying my property it's going to be extinct pronto.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
What caliber and distance to target did you use? Is your rifle scoped or open sights? I prefer open sites myself because of the barrel droop effect. Scopes are nice for low light though.

We have a terrible problem with hoards of long tailed grackles here in Central Texas, they are a pest and not originally from here. But because they are Federally protected we cannot admit to shooting them, poison, etc. I bet people do it though.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 4ager

+2

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't be so hard on yourself ... laugh

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
G
G
Cost over $3000.00 to replace woodpecker damaged rough cedar siding on my home this past spring. Pest control services won't touch them and depredation permits in my state take months to get if you're lucky. Tried sparkle tape and that worked for a while but the they came back then miraculously they went away 😇. Regulations have overwhelmed common sense

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
SSS is just too complex?

4ager is right.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Going dolphin fishing this week and grizz hunting next month.

Will post results.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by woods_walker
Your first thought should have been that the bird was telling you about the food living in that siding. Geez...

Uh, yeah, you should have thanked that bird rather than shoot it. I had a woodpecker bang away on the fascia board on my roof line and that just told me that I had a bug problem. The board looked like swiss cheese from damage from Carpenter Bee larvae. You should have thanked that woodpecker and called an exterminator.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by deflave
Going dolphin fishing this week and grizz hunting next month.

Will post results.

Dave

Well, how did it go? Any luck? ??? smile

You should have thrown in an eagle or Wisconsin Wolf hunt as well

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ol_mike
What's it like to be so scared of the gov't ?

If a protected -not protected or even an extinct critter starts tearing my house up it's getting shot.

You have every right to be as stupid in public as you desire.
That won't change the fact it's still a Federal offense.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
.[/quote]
That won't change the fact it's still a Federal offense. [/quote]

Only if you get caught

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by Snyper

Only if you get caught

No, it's still a crime regardless of whether you get caught, just like any other.

Bragging about it on the 'net, on an open forum, remains classically stupid as well.

Last edited by 4ager; 10/22/15.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
[quote=Snyper]

Only if you get caught

No, it's still a crime regardless of whether you get caught, just like any other.

Bragging about it on the 'net, on an open forum, remains classically stupid as well. [/quote

Oh well

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I would say it's only against the law if you get caught

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You'd be wrong.

Unless, of course, rape or murder or theft is only against the law if you get caught as well.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

You'd be wrong.

Unless, of course, rape or murder or theft is only against the law if you get caught as well.

I think a woodpecker is a little different than rape, murder

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You'd be wrong.

I think a woodpecker is a little different than rape, murder

Either the law is the law, or it isn't.

I notice you left out theft. Rather telling...

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Government steals so it can't be breaking the law well heck they even murder too. I bet you even broke the law in your life

Last edited by gemby58; 10/22/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Government steals so it can't be breaking the law well heck they even murder too. I bet you even broke the law in your life

Trying to squirm out ain't gonna help you much.

Clearly you have no problems stealing if you don't think you'll get caught. Poaching, too, in all likelihood.

Great set of morals and ethics you have on display.

No doubt you'd get along fine with Hitlery and all manner of other criminal elements you'd be likely to find in Philly and Pittsburgh who believe they can do whatever they want (rape, steal, murder, deal drugs, molest kids, etc.), because it's only illegal if they get caught. You've clearly got much in common with them; please, do continue expounding upon your morality and ethical code.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Clearly you have no problems stealing if you don't think you'll get caught. Poaching, too, in all likelihood.

No doubt you'd get along fine with Hitlery and all manner of other criminal elements you'd be likely to find in Philly and Pittsburgh who believe they can do whatever they want (rape, steal, murder, deal drugs, molest kids, etc.), because it's only illegal if they get caught. You've clearly got much in common with them; please, do continue expounding upon your morality and ethical code.

Shhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Shhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone

Don't have to; you're doing in a fine job of accurately portraying yourself as immoral and unethical.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Did I shoot the woodpecker?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
If a woodpecker was pecking on my house his pecked wouldn't be working no more and that's a fact

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If a woodpecker was pecking on my house his pecked wouldn't be working no more that I tell you for a fact

I've no doubt you'd break the law, any law at all if you thought you wouldn't get caught (by your own admissions).

Would you also compound your unlawful, unethical behavior with utter stupidity by bragging about it on an open forum on the Internet?

There are two hints there, going all the way back to the OP.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I can do this all day

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
So 4ager you never broke the law

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're obviously too congenitally stupid to understand the two hints. No surprise there, as you're in PA and such things are simply a given in that location.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
You're obviously too congenitally stupid to understand the two hints. No surprise there, as you're in PA and such things are simply a given in that location.

Nothing to say about that huh, you never broke the law, and yes I live Iin PA, what does that have to do with anything? Only thing I agree with you on is, is stating it on open forum but he did what he had to do

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nothing to say about that huh, you never broke the law, and yes I live Iin PA, what does that have to do with anything? Only thing I agree with you on is, is stating it on open forum but he did what he had to do

There are so many laws on the books that it is practically impossible to not break one or two almost daily. There's a huge difference between breaking one unintentionally, or doing as you have said you would/have done and the OP did and breaking one intentionally. The compounded idiocy of then bragging about it on an open forum on the Internet seems to be the one hint you actually caught. Congratulations...

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
If there was a woodpecker tearing up my house I would have done the same thing

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

There are so many laws on the books that it is practically impossible to not break one or two almost daily. There's a huge difference between breaking one unintentionally, or doing as you have said you would/have done and the OP did and breaking one intentionally. The compounded idiocy of then bragging about it on an open forum on the Internet seems to be the one hint you actually caught. Congratulations... [/quote]

So when your doing 60mph in a 55mph zone your not intentionally breaking the law or changing lane without turn singles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Keep trying to justify your earlier stated positions; ain't gonna work.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Good answer

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Here I was beginning to think you were a modern day Jesus

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not even close. Never claimed to be.

Though, it's pretty obvious that you're a modern day Democrat.

"Mrs. Clinton, did you know it was illegal to send classified and top secret documents over an unsecure e-mail and server? Gemby58 says it's only illegal if I get caught."

God help you try to instill any ethics or moral discipline in any children you might have; the "it's only against the rules/illegal if you get caught" motto is a great one... crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by poboy
It was no woodpecker. It was just a
peckerwood.

Yep, the peckerwood shot the woodpecker.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Government does this everyday she got caught. If she didn't we wouldn't be talking about it today

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Government does this everyday she got caught. If she didn't we wouldn't be talking about it today

So, because someone or something else breaks laws that makes it okay for you to break any law you feel like breaking, so long as you don't get caught?

I go right back to that bit about how interesting such a moral and ethical compass would make raising kids...

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
[quote=gemby58]Government does this everyday she got caught. If she didn't we wouldn't be talking about it today

So, because someone or something else breaks laws that makes it okay for you to break any law you feel like breaking, so long as you don't get caught?

I go right back to that bit about how interesting such a moral and ethical compass would make raising kids... [/quote

I guess a good one. My one son is a district judge, other is a state trooper

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I go right back to that bit about how interesting such a moral and ethical compass would make raising kids...

I guess a good one. My one son is a district judge, other is a state trooper

Clearly, they had a prime example of what not to do and chose the right path in life because of it. Good for them.

Pose your motto ("It's only illegal if I get caught") to them and get their take on it. Betcha I know the answer...

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
AMEN

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Pow!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I bet they wish they turn out like me. They have get up in the morning and go to work I get up and go out back and shoot, don't worry, there's no woodpeckers on my range.

Last edited by gemby58; 10/23/15.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You'd be wrong.

"gemby" pretty much tells me everything I want/need to know and yes the level of idiocy on this thread is mindboggling and of course also explains the mess we find ourselves in...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Brings to mind the 3 S's- "shoot, shovel, shut up".

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Not dissing the OP. But not sure I'd post such things.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Just caught my neighbors cat with a treble hook.

Gonna skin it and post a "how to" on Facebook later.

Clark

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Hope ya didn't foul hook it!

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HE112
What caliber and distance to target did you use? Is your rifle scoped or open sights? I prefer open sites myself because of the barrel droop effect. Scopes are nice for low light though.

We have a terrible problem with hoards of long tailed grackles here in Central Texas, they are a pest and not originally from here. But because they are Federally protected we cannot admit to shooting them, poison, etc. I bet people do it though.

Grackles aren't protected.

[Linked Image from ]
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Conrad, I believe grackles are protected under the same stupid treaty that protects crows and magpies.. I could be wrong... I have also heard from a fairly reliable source that these birds can be killed when doing damage or about to do damage... They are ALWAYS ABOUT TO DO DAMAGE...
Again I did not read this, but I know several state game laws state crows may be taken when they are doing damage..

Molon Labe
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Graces are protected under federal law it's on the books, too bad my bullet can't read

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ConradCA

Grackles aren't protected.

The fugk they isn't.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Starlings and English or House sparrows, and domestic pigeons are generally unprotected most places. Grackles used to be unprotected in PA, but I don't know about now. Bluejays were unprotected in PA as well at one time, but fall under the crow treaty now, as well as probably the general ban on killing songbirds.

At the time I got my first couple of non-res PA licenses, there was actually a bounty on Great Horned owls. Not so much nowadays!

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,376
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.