Campfire Ranger
S

1) I hope to see some 17HM2 show up.

2) Hoarders are kind of screwed price wise -

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2) Good.

Now that decent ammo can be found at reasonable prices, who's gonna want Thunderduds that have been stored who-knows-where for a year?

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hope the gougers that sucked all the ammo out of the marketplace are screwed worse than the hoarders.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Dont count your chickens before they hatch...

22 isn't on the shelves in my metro area or rural out state MN...

And the recent Oregon shooting and more gun control talk will urge more hoarding.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
+1 on the Oregon shooting screwing things up just when they were beginning to show some sign of improving.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Scattered availability around here, at best

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
humdinger - same situation on .22LR in SoFlo. Finding any is slim to none. Agree with you on Oregon tragedy causing more hoarding and making a bad situation worse. "DaPrez', in his TV statement, makes no mention of the 1000's of laws already on the books YET he'll be seeking more of them. Funny, he also 'forgot' to mention his bud, Rahm Emanual, his ex-chief of staff now Chicago mayor, having 15 shootings in about 15 days despite that city's numerous 'gun violence' prevention regs/laws etc. For an educated man Mr. Obama is still wearing those rose colored glasses.
Homesteader

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Hope the gougers that sucked all the ammo out of the marketplace are screwed worse than the hoarders.

Actually, I was thinking about gougers. Horders, up to a point, I can understand.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You don't honestly believe he actually believes what he's preaching, do you?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't see how the "hoarders" will be getting screwed on the ammo availability ... they wanted to hoard .. they did ... and still will. They don't hoard to re-sell ... so please someone a lot smarter than me explain this rationale.

Gougers on the other hand, will eventually take it in the shorts and I will not feel bad for them. Free market gives and it takes away too.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I think that with Odumba on his final leg of the presidency and the major presidential contenders (except for Hellery Clinton) being pro-gun it should help. We have .22 ammo consistently at the local gun shops in Austin, TX but pricey and selection is limited. Walmart gets some here and there but 99% of the time Wally world is out, or hiding the .22's.

Would be nice to know the percentage of the hoarders/gougers who still have their inventory that they got at 6 a.m. waiting in line at the local sporting goods store?

Last edited by HE112; 10/03/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Local guy has been getting dribs and drabs of CCI bulk Stinger 325 packs for $19.99 per, CCI Maxi-Mag at $4.99 per 50, Winchester power points $3.99 per 50. Usually has a few boxes every time I stop in and I usually grab one of the 325 packs each time as the twin grandsons can sure shoot it up with their single shots.

Wally mart has not had any for a couple of years in any of the four stores in the area.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I kinda doubt rimfire will be back on store shelves like it used to be for a long time. The Internet ammo/reloading retailers like Grafs, Midsouth, Midway, etc. can buy bigger batches than many sporting goods stores can afford, and can actually make some money sellinmg rimfire now, when before most people bought a local stores. Consequently I suspect the Internet is going to be where most rimfire is sold, just like a lot of other shooting stuff.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I see it. I buy it. The kids and I shoot it. 22 LR is finally priced at what it is worth, at least to me. Last purchases have been 800 box of Win from Gouger for $60 and a brick of Thuds from Hunter's Outlet in Thief River Falls, MN for $40.

Hell, it's still cheaper than centerfire and I REALLY like my 22/45 and M63 Smith ...

GE

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Don't know about all hoarders but some have accumulated more than they can shoot in a lifetime. The auctioneer at their estate sale will probably sell it for much less than they paid. I know they'll be dead and it won't matter to them, it'll be the survivors that'll miss out. Maybe it won't matter to them either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
True Believer hoarders are planning on using the surplus to trade for gasoline, food, liquor, or women, not necessarily in that order.

Last edited by Pappy348; 10/05/15.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
True Believer hoarders are planning on using the surplus to trade for gasoline, food, liquor, or women, not necessarily in that order.

ahhhhhh scheet ... now the hording is gonna start all over again knowing we can get wimmins and booze for boolits laugh

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I kinda doubt rimfire will be back on store shelves like it used to be for a long time. The Internet ammo/reloading retailers like Grafs, Midsouth, Midway, etc. can buy bigger batches than many sporting goods stores can afford, and can actually make some money sellinmg rimfire now, when before most people bought a local stores. Consequently I suspect the Internet is going to be where most rimfire is sold, just like a lot of other shooting stuff.

Rimfire ammo is not commonly back on the shelf in the Omaha metro area. Cabela's has the biggest selection, but if you don't get there early, the selection is thin. It isn't common anywhere that I been over the past couple of years, not since shortly after the Connecticut school shootings on 12/14/12. Every time that our current POTUS speaks on the issue of gun control, I think that the end of the ammunition shortage gets set back.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Spotshooter: I am with you on the anticipation for some 17 Mach2 ammo showing up soon/anytime!
But I have not seen any Winchester Power-Point (hollow-points!) 40 grainers on a stores shelves in the five states I have travelled to and through in the last 37 (thirty seven!) months!
Rarely do I see American made 22 L.R. hollow-points on a stores shelves so I disagree with you that "22's are back on the shelves"!
I have done several gunshows recently in three states and "hoarders" are alive and well - no suffering evident that I have seen regarding them - maybe (I hope) their day will come.
And its not just individual "hoarders" - several gunshops are on my list for "gouging" their customers. Needless to say I will never buy ANYTHING from them either.
37 months - WTF, I mean something is rotten in Denmark here!
I wonder if it has anything to do with the EPA making life so tough for the lead mines/miners that they ALL closed here in the United States here recently???
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
No, it has to do with many (if not most) shooters still buying as much rimfire ammo as they can whenever it shows up on store shelves. Those that don't have generally stocked up via the Internet, or have switched to air rifles or reduced centerfire handloads.

The reason you haven't seen any 40-grain hollow-point Winchester Power Point ammo in the familiar silver box we got used to is, apparently, they don't offer it anymore--despite what the Winchester website says. It has been replaced by a 42-grain HP version that, according to the few people who've bought and shot any, isn't nearly as accurate. The new 42-grain Power Point load comes in a black box.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,255
Posts18,467,016
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.