Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I remember back in 1975 that our CO read a message that said the United States had never been more vulnerable to a Soviet attack than we were right then. Our Navy was smaller than any time since WW2, the Marine Corps and other services were cut to the bone, and if the Soviets were going to attack, now was the time.

With Putin acting with no restraints while our CNC packs fudge in the Rainbow House, what do you think would be our response if Putin pulled the nuclear trigger while Obongo fiddled?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why nuke? That'd be stupid. A conventional attack leaves the nation ripe for the pickings with the resources largely intact and recoverable.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I can see using a nuke as an EMP weapon to remove a countries ability to utilize technology, but not to destroy it. Not sure how Putin sees things, though, and not sure I want to.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We have been vulnerable to nuclear annihilation for over half a century now. Worse, we are even more vulnerable to a terrorist nuclear attack.

The doctrine of mutual assured destruction has kept the big powers from pushing the button, and likely will continue to do so. But it would only take one fanatic in a small plane, or a single cargo container to set off a nuke almost anywhere in the country.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Why nuke? That'd be stupid. A conventional attack leaves the nation ripe for the pickings with the resources largely intact and recoverable.

That is exactly what a neutron bomb does. The radiation kills everything, then it dissipates in a relatively short period.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Most of the Russian nukes are intermediate range missiles targeted for China. If either China or Russia shoots their wad at us, they are vulnerable to attack by their neighbor.

Presently there is no cogent reason for either to enter into a nuclear exchange with us. As already mentioned, the real threat is from a terrorist organization. In such a scenario it's likely to hurt, but not likely to annihilate us.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We ignore the greatest risk to this nation.

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The only thing stopping a terrorist org from detonating a nuclear weapon is the ability/knowledge to build one.

I don't think there is any real nuclear threat from China or Russia - they might get a couple of blows in but we'd likely respond and we'd both end up further behind than we were to begin with. North Korea is a different threat entirely but I don't think their nuclear arsenal is advanced enough to pose a threat to the US.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
In all honesty, I'd be more worried about us launching a nuke than them. I'll explain.

Putin's designs are meant to weaken us across the board. I think they eventually mean to remove the dollar as the reserve currency and crash our economy. If when that happens, I worry more about us getting squirrelly with the nukes than them. They won't have any need to nuke us at that point. We on the other hand, will be scrambling for our lives.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
there's various groups of humans down here on the Earth that just don't like the way things are progressing.

sure, everyone wants to survive, have a good life, a trophy wife, and 1.5 kids (to get the human population at a sustainable level).

but, noone is going to press the nacular button. it'd signal a failure of the human race. the grand experiment would be over, and brought on by the very species that was suppose to nurture, rule, and survive on this planet.

even the stupid who walk amongst us wouldn't be that stupid.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Can we trust Obongo to respond in kind? I don't think so.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
he'll hold a sternly worded press conference and call for laws against nukes. then go golfing

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Actually, I'm kinda surprised that a terrorist hasn't at least set off a dirty suitcase bomb yet with our southern border wide open and others overstaying their visa's. Now Obama wants to import somewhere in the neighborhood of 800,000 "refugees" from the middle east. It's funny how 70% of these people are men. I hate to sound like a dooms-dayer, and always like to think optimistically, but unfortunately I think we're setting ourselves up for a catastrophe. If anybody's going to nuke us, it's going to be Korea. Then give it a few years and you'll see Iran lobbing schit at Israel.The Iranians don't care if they die.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I remember back in 1975 that our CO read a message that said the United States had never been more vulnerable to a Soviet attack than we were right then. Our Navy was smaller than any time since WW2, the Marine Corps and other services were cut to the bone, and if the Soviets were going to attack, now was the time.

With Putin acting with no restraints while our CNC packs fudge in the Rainbow House, what do you think would be our response if Putin pulled the nuclear trigger while Obongo fiddled?

Putin had to draft 150,000 troops this week for Syria.

You think his military is in big and in good enough shape to take on the US on our soil?

No.. he'll keep to the Middle East and Eastern Europe.

Only nuclear threats are from terrorists. Between Pakistan, North Korea and soon Iran having the bomb - the likelihood of a nuke floating into some harbor city on a freighter isn't going down.

Or somebody doing an EMP attack. We could still retaliate tho, so it would be North Korea or Iran because they are just bug[bleep] crazy.

Last edited by Calhoun; 10/02/15.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Is America at risk of nuclear annihilation?

Always has been, since the Manhattan Project.
But, God has always been in co ntrol / has the final say.

Do we really believe Iran won't use their first bomb on Israel, starting the cascade effect worldwide that is supposed to "out" the Hidden Mahdi?

Every day millions of young Muslims beg Allah for exactly that. If they had their way it would have occurred long ago...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Well if that happened (and I don't think Putin is anywhere near crazy enough to ever consider it), I do happen to think Obama would level Russia.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Who knows what N Korea is launching on the 10th? EMP weapon?

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If it ever happens it'll be like throwing a rock into a basket of cocked mousetraps.

There probably won't be enough time to get panicked about it.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I really don't believe Putin wants to spend the rest of his life in a underground bunker waiting for the radiation levels to go down in Russia. I believe he wants to enjoy his billions above ground.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There will almost certainly be at last one dirty bomb attack against a major city, though Europe or Russia might be the target, they are not well liked either.

Much easier to make. The difficulty is more the deadly nature as both deadly poisons and radioactivity of Uranium and Plutonium and the rarity of radioactives in general.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (41rem, 300_savage, 264mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,444 guests, and 775 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,438
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.