Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Eric308
I'm at my day job, so briefly.

in other words I am to busy scanning other gun sites pretending to be a hunter looking for suckers.

Paid and bought for by the liberal loonies.

Guy should be immediately banned from this forum.

Ignore list he goes.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Be a leader. Turn yours in first.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
maybe you and your family will be the next ones eating lead in your gun free zones.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
gitem 12,

I really appreciate your approach to Eric380 and his post. His arguments can and should be met with logic and civility. If he is really honest in his statements, I hope he will actually consider what you and others have pointed out.

μολὼν λαβέ
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
That was my point behind a new thread, leaving the bashes to the other thread..

He has yet to provide any of what he so valiantly called for in the head he other thread....logic

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
dhimmicrat/commie trolls do not come here to debate. They have two goals. First is to spew their idiotic lefty ideas, and second, they want to foment hate and discontent. To stir the pot, if you will.
Eric is not interested, nor equipped to 'debate'. He states his poistion, defines the terms as they fit his agenda, and moves on.
He does not merit civility or the benefit of any doubt. He is a flat out troll.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 10/02/15.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm at my day job, so briefly (I'm only a part-time ISIS/DNC plant).

No law acceptable to a free society is going to eliminate any and all possible techniques for inflicting mass-casualties by a determined actor, and we could discuss all day the mechanics of quick mag changes in stressful situations. And if I'm correct, there were concealed carriers present who were innefective (could be wrong about that, details still sketchy).

However, limiting large cap mags in semi-autos is, I believe, addressing at least one common denominator in these shootings. Limiting firearm access to those who are unfit, limiting the numbers of firearms specifically designed for and ideally suited to mass casualty shootings, will I believe help the problem.

Its folly to say because we can't do everything we should do nothing, and I'm not convinced further saturating the landscape with guns is the answer.

so your solutions is "there's a chance some whacko would possibly be able to kill fewer people, dependent on him being bad at swapping mags"

as opposed to my position of "let other people be armed if they wish, it will deter whackos from trying such a thing because they know someone might be there to stop him. AND if he does try it anyway, someone with a ccw can stop him or pin/slow him down until additional help arrives" my worst case scenario still beats your best case.

who ultimately always stops these crazies? someone else with a gun. how does your argument of proposing there are fewer people in the vicinity capable to do that even make it past your mouth? you're a special kind of stupid aint ya?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

However, limiting large cap mags in semi-autos is, I believe, addressing at least one common denominator in these shootings. Limiting firearm access to those who are unfit, limiting the numbers of firearms specifically designed for and ideally suited to mass casualty shootings, will I believe help the problem.

Its folly to say because we can't do everything we should do nothing, and I'm not convinced further saturating the landscape with guns is the answer.

Well, when everyone is taught to cower like sheep and not fight back, or have the ability to shoot back, a guy with a pocket full of 5 round magazines can do just as much harm as a guy with a pocket full of 30 rounders.

When everyone lays on the ground, he has all the time in the world to stand off and plink away and reload at his hearts content.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Criminals don't obey them.

In fact, I'll wager you cannot name one single law of ANY kind that criminals obey.

I get a kick out of folks who think the "Law" protects them, the "Law" is in place as a guideline for a civilized society, when you step beyond that line there are consequences to be reckoned with it does nothing to protect you.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Criminals don't obey them.

In fact, I'll wager you cannot name one single law of ANY kind that criminals obey.

I get a kick out of folks who think the "Law" protects them, the "Law" is in place as a guideline for a civilized society, when you step beyond that line there are consequences to be reckoned with it does nothing to protect you.

The "law" is what the gov't uses, when it feels like it, to prosecute criminals after the criminals have already had their way with you and yours.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It appears this is an example of the sought after gun control policies that Eric espouses. In this case, the criminal had the weapons, while the law abiding citizens did not.

If one thinks that the solution to this problem is further eroding the rights of the law abiding citizenry, I would suggest checking your premises.

Last edited by Jcubed; 10/02/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Eric,
I have to give you credit. You win the most ironic sig line award for the day!!!

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov[u][/u]

Last edited by philgood80; 10/02/15.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One round from some young female student with a 38 special could have put this crazy SOB in the dirt.
Then he wouldn't be a hero to the next crazy who has the urge to try something.
Respond, kill them quick after the first shot, and show the world they are miserable nothings.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Liberal minds never reach maturity, they need a mother figure to protect and guide them until the grave. Unfortunately they expect the government and it's agents to be a surrogate parent and never learn to rely on themselves or defend themselves.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I started another thread with some hard data in response to the President's challenge last night, but here it is again for Eric.

Response to President's Challenge

Now that the president has thrown down and declared it time to politicize the issue and pick sides, he just left me on the other side.

I took the prez’ challenge from last night and just looked up muslim attacks in the United States and murder statistics on the FBI’s website.

See table below for a listing of muslim attacks in the United States in recent years.

National Propaganda Radio will not send any message contrary to Obama’s propaganda spew, so start trying to look at other sources of info and thinking.

Contrary to what Obama was spewing last night, look at the “gun free zones” and cities with extreme gun control – Baltimore, Chicago, DC, Detroit – are not safer.

It makes things dramatically more dangerous, and while it is not PC – there is a huge common denominator in the FBI data. Dare to be honest about the objective facts.

The rate of violent crime in Austin is 290/100,000 with high rates of gun ownership vs. 380/100,000 for Chicago his hometown with a near complete ban.

Houston, which has a higher percentage population of “minorities” and is only 150 miles from Austin, is 567/100,000.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-6

Blacks commit 51% of murders even though they only constitute 13% of the total population.

That is not racism, that is objective fact compiled by the FBI crime reporting data.

Here are the statistics by race:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-43

Census demographics by race:

http://www.census.gov/popest/research/modified.html

As for the push again to ban rifles, in California in 2014, more people were killed with hands and fists (97) than rifles of all kinds including “assault rifles,” (40).

In Texas, which has waaaayyyyy more "assault rifles" than California probably literally 10x or even 100x as many as California, there were only 33 murders with rifles of all kinds vs. 103 killed with hands and fists.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-20

Why does the federal government keep talking about banning rifles? Why?

Handguns are used 15:1 over rifles (483 vs. 33 for Texas)(364 vs. 5 in Illinois with an extreme handgun ban).

Yet, the push is to ban rifles.

Illinois has effectively completely banned handguns, yet there are 387 handgun murders. How did that happen?

The District of Columbia has banned handguns, but not rifles, yet it had 30 handgun murders and 0 rifle murders.

There is an agenda and it is not to protect citizens.

More is coming out today this was racially and religiously motivated hate crime. Where is the prez condemning the hate crime by a black man selectively killing white Christians?

Apparently he was posting it on social media in advance and being egged on.

As long as there are easy targets and people willing to be victims, there will be victims.

It’s time to wake up, man up, and men to accept the responsibility for defending themselves, their families, neighbors and country.

No one will do a better job of protecting you or your family than you.

Muslim Attacks in US.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/AmericanAttacks.htm

Date Country City/State Killed Injured Description
4/14/1972 USA New York, NY 1 3 Ten members of a local mosque phone in a false alarm and then ambush responding officers, killing one.
1/19/1973 USA Brooklyn, NY 1 1 Muslim extremists rob a sporting goods store for weapons, gunning down a police officer who responds to the alarm.
7/1/1973 USA Bethesda, MD 1 0 An Israeli diplomat is gunned down in his driveway by Palestinian terrorists.
7/18/1973 USA Washington, DC 8 2 Nation of Islam members shoot seven members of a family to death in cold blood, including four children. A defendant in the case is later murdered in prison on orders from Elijah Muhammad.
10/19/1973 USA Oakland, CA 1 1 Nation of Islam terrorists kidnap a couple and nearly decapitate the man, while raping and leaving the woman for dead.
10/29/1973 USA Berkeley, CA 1 0 A woman is shot repeatedly in the face by Nation of Islam terrorists.
11/25/1973 USA Oakland, CA 1 0 A grocer is killed in his store by Nation of Islam terrorists.
12/11/1973 USA Oakland, CA 1 0 A man is killed by Nation of Islam terrorists while using a phone booth.
12/13/1973 USA Oakland, CA 1 0 A woman is shot to death on the sidewalk by Nation of Islam terrorists.
12/20/1973 USA Oakland, CA 1 0 Nation of Islam terrorists gun down an 81-year-old janitor.
12/22/1973 USA Oakland, CA 2 0 Nation of Islam terrorist kills two people in separate attacks on the same day.
12/24/1973 USA Oakland, CA 1 0 A man is kidnapped, tortured and decapitated by Nation of Islam terrorists.
1/24/1974 USA Oakland, CA 4 1 Five vicious shooting attacks by Nation of Islam terrorists leave three people dead and one paralyzed for life. Three of the victims were women.
4/1/1974 USA Oakland, CA 1 1 A Nation of Islam terrorist shoots at two Salvation Army members, killing a man and injuring a woman.
4/16/1974 USA Ingleside, CA 1 0 A man is killed while helping a friend move by Nation of Islam terrorists.
3/9/1977 USA Washington, DC 1 1 Hanifi Muslims storm three buildings including a B'nai B'rith to hold 134 people hostage. At least two innocents were shot and one died.
7/22/1980 USA Bethesda, MD 1 0 A political dissident is shot and killed in front of his home by an Iranian agent who was an American convert to Islam.
8/31/1980 USA Savou, IL 2 0 An Iranian student guns down his next-door neighbors, a husband and wife.
11/6/1989 USA St. Louis, MO 1 0 A 17-year-old girl is stabbed to death by her parents for bringing 'dishonor' to their family by dating an 'infidel' African-American.
1/31/1990 USA Tuscon, AZ 1 0 A Sunni cleric is assassinated in front of a Tuscon mosque after declaring that two verses of the Qur'an were invalid.
11/5/1990 USA New York City, NY 1 0 An Israeli rabbi is shot to death by a Muslim attacker at a hotel.
1/25/1993 USA Langley, VA 2 3 A Pakistani with Mujahideen ties guns down two CIA agents outside of the headquarters.
2/26/1993 USA New York, NY 6 1040 Islamic terrorists detonate a massive truck bomb under the World Trade Center, killing six people and injuring over 1,000 in an effort to collapse the towers.
3/1/1994 USA Brooklyn, NY 1 0 A Muslim gunman targets a van packed with Jewish boys, killing a 16-year-old.
3/23/1997 USA New York, NY 1 6 A Palestinian leaves an anti-Jewish suicide note behind and travels to the top of the Empire State building where he shoot seven people in a Fedayeen attack.
4/3/1997 USA Lompoc, CA 1 0 A prison guard is stabbed to death by a radical Muslim.
3/17/2000 USA Atlanta, GA 1 1 A local imam and Muslim spiritual leader guns down a deputy sheriff and injures his partner.
9/11/2001 USA Shanksville, PA 40 0 Forty passengers are killed after Islamic radicals hijack the plane in an attempt to steer it into the U.S. Capitol building.
9/11/2001 USA Washington, DC 184 53 Nearly 200 people are killed when Islamic hijackers steer a plane full of people into the Pentagon.
9/11/2001 USA New York, NY 2752 251 Islamic hijackers steer two planes packed with fuel and passengers into the World Trade Center, killing hundreds on impact and eventually killing thousands when the towers collapsed. At least 200 are seriously injured.
3/19/2002 USA Tuscon, AZ 1 0 A 60-year-old man is gunned down by Muslim snipers on a golf course.
5/27/2002 USA Denton, TX 1 0 Muslim snipers kill a man as he works in his yard.
7/4/2002 USA Los Angeles, CA 2 0 Muslim man pulls out a gun at the counter of an Israeli airline and kills two people.
9/5/2002 USA Clinton, MD 1 0 A 55-year-old pizzaria owner is shot six times in the back by Muslims at close range.
9/21/2002 USA Montgomery, AL 1 1 Muslim snipers shoot two women, killing one.
9/23/2002 USA Baton Rouge, LA 1 0 A Korean mother is shot in the back by Muslim snipers.
10/2/2002 USA Wheaton, MD 1 0 Muslim snipers gun down a program analyst in a store parking lot.
10/3/2002 USA Montgomery County, MD 5 0 Muslim snipers kill three men and two women in separate attacks over a 15-hour period.
10/9/2002 USA Manassas, VA 1 1 A man is killed by Muslim snipers while pumping gas two days after a 13-year-old is wounded by the same team.
10/11/2002 USA Fredericksburg, VA 1 0 Another man is killed by Muslim snipers while pumping gas.
10/14/2002 USA Arlington, VA 1 0 A woman is killed by Muslim snipers in a Home Depot parking lot.
10/22/2002 USA Aspen Hill, MD 1 0 A bus driver is killed by Muslim snipers.
8/6/2003 USA Houston, TX 1 0 After undergoing a 'religious revival', a Saudi college student slashes the throat of a Jewish student with a 4" butterfly knife, nearly decapitating the young man.
12/2/2003 USA Chicago, IL 1 0 A Muslim doctor deliberately allows a Jewish patient to die from an easily treatable condition.
4/13/2004 USA Raleigh, NC 1 4 An angry Muslim runs down five strangers with a car.
4/15/2004 USA Scottsville, NY 1 2 In an honor killing, a Muslim father kills his wife and attacks his two daughters with a knife and hammer because he feared that they had been sexually molested.
6/16/2006 USA Baltimore, MD 1 0 A 62-year-old Jewish moviegoer is shot to death by a Muslim medical student in an unprovoked terror attack.
6/25/2006 USA Denver, CO 1 5 Saying that it was 'Allah's choice', a Muslim shoots four of his co-workers and a police officer.
7/28/2006 USA Seattle, WA 1 5 An 'angry' Muslim-American uses a young girl as hostage to enter a local Jewish center, where he shoots six women, one of whom dies.
1/1/2008 USA Irving, TX 2 0 A Muslim immigrant shoots his two daughters to death on concerns about their 'Western' lifestyle.
7/6/2008 USA Jonesboro, GA 1 0 A devout Muslim strangles his 25-year-old daughter in an honor killing.
2/12/2009 USA Buffalo, NY 1 0 The founder of a Muslim TV station beheads his wife in the hallway for seeking a divorce.
4/12/2009 USA Phoenix, AZ 2 0 A man shoots his brother-in-law and another man to death after finding out that they visited a strip club, in contradiction to Islamic values.
6/1/2009 USA Little Rock, AR 1 1 A Muslim shoots a local soldier to death inside a recruiting center explicitly in the name of Allah.
11/2/2009 USA Glendale, AZ 1 1 A woman dies from injuries suffered when her father runs her down with a car for being too 'Westernized.' (10-20-09)
11/5/2009 USA Ft. Hood, TX 13 31 A Muslim psychiatrist guns down thirteen unarmed soldiers while yelling praises to Allah.
12/4/2009 USA Binghamton, NY 1 0 A non-Muslim Islamic studies professor is stabbed to death by a Muslim grad student in revenge for 'persecuted' Muslims.
4/14/2010 USA Marquette Park, IL 5 2 After quarrelling with his wife over Islamic dress, a Muslim convert shoots his family members to 'take them back to Allah' and out of the 'world of sinners'.
4/30/2011 USA Warren, MI 1 0 A 20-year-old woman is shot in the head by her stepfather for not adhering to Islamic practices.
9/11/2011 USA Waltham, MA 3 0 Three Jewish men have their throats slashed by Muslim terrorists.
1/15/2012 USA Houston, TX 1 0 A 30-year-old Christian convert is shot to death by a devout Muslim for helping to convert his daughter.
11/12/2012 USA Houston, TX 1 0 A 28-year-old American man is shot to death by a conservative Muslim over an alleged role in converting a woman to Christianity.
2/7/2013 USA Buena Vista, NJ 2 0 A Muslim targets and beheads two Christian Coptic immigrants.
3/24/2013 USA Ashtabula, OH 1 0 A Muslim convert walks into a church service with a Quran and guns down his Christian father while praising Allah.
4/15/2013 USA Boston, MA 3 264 Foreign-born Muslims describing themselves as 'very religious' detonate two bombs packed with ball bearings at the Boston Marathon, killing three people and causing several more to lose limbs.
4/19/2013 USA Boston, MA 1 1 Jihadists gun down a university police officer sitting in his car.
8/4/2013 USA Richmond, CA 1 0 A convert "on a mission from Allah" stabs a store clerk to death.
3/6/2014 USA Port Bolivar, TX 2 0 A Muslim man shoots his lesbian daughter and her lover to death and leaves a copy of the Quran open to a page condemning homosexuality.
4/27/2014 USA Skyway, WA 1 0 A 30-year-old man is murdered by a Muslim fanatic.
6/1/2014 USA Seattle, WA 2 0 Two homosexuals are murdered by an Islamic extremist.
6/25/2014 USA West Orange, NJ 1 0 A 19-year-old college student is shot to death 'in revenge' for Muslim deaths overseas.
9/25/2014 USA Moore, OK 1 1 A Sharia advocate beheads a woman after calling for Islamic terror and posting an Islamist beheading photo.
7/16/2015 USA Chattanooga 5 2 A 'devout Muslim' stages a suicide attack on a recruiting center at a strip mall and a naval center which leaves five dead.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Here's another one, Eric...happened in Australia, where the gun control measures are in effect, I believe.

Multiple hots fired outside police HP on Charles Street (Australia)

A POLICE staffer was shot dead on Friday in a “callous murder” by a lone gunman outside the state’s police headquarters in Parramatta.

Counter-terrorism officers are working with the Homicide Squad as chilling new details have emerged about how the staffer was targeted and shot in the head at point blank range by the gunman, said to be of Middle Eastern appearance and dressed in a black robe, before he opened fire on special constables.

“An employee of the NSW Police Force has been callously murdered,” Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione said last night. “I viewed a number of pieces of footage. I can tell you this was a brutal crime. A terrible crime.”

The gunman, walked past one ­female police officer before shooting the civilian employee, an IT expert, in the back of the head.

It is not certain if the victim was known to the gunman, who had still not been identified late on Friday night.

More at the link.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eric308 - in consideration of your posts, folks here actually are being rather civil and somewhat even-handed with you as compared with others who say and post similar positions. You seem to be reasonably literate, so maybe they are simply trying to give you a decent chance intelligently to explain and defend a position that makes little or no sense to folks who have thought it all through - at length. Then again, maybe they are stringing you out as an example of the nonsense and ulterior agendas afoot when it comes to possession of firearms.

Either way, you have a compelling opportunity to prove that there is a brain and conscience behind your comments. You seem to be victim to your tag line: "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"

Here is your moment to show that you are not the noted anti-intellectual and not simply a gross tool-troll. There seems to be a decent chance that you could become a well-remembered jerk on here, so you might want to rev up your "A" game. Eh?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Nothing more than this needs to be said: the difference between a subject and a citizen is the means of one to defend himself against squirrels, and the other against an oppressive gov't. Period.

The FFs knew that, so they included it in the BOR.

You don't mind bending over and taking it from Obama, Boehner, and any other tyrants and that's fine, but just remember the 2A has NOTHING to do with hunting.

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Criminals work outside the law, any that impede their enterprise. Please explain how any law will stop a criminal that by definition works outside the law.

This right here explains the failure of the liberal agenda on gun control.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Eric308, you're on the right track. But I have come up with a better approach:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10508616/Re:_What_needs_to_change?#Post10508616

I posted it here knowing that the far right guns nuts would respond with insults and all the usual excuses to do nothing. Doing nothing isn't working.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (160user, 219DW, 204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 48 invisible), 1,858 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,184
Posts18,465,685
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.