Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
If a Timney has creep, look at engagement, it may be too much. You don't need a lot. I'd get the specs from Timney if I didn't know how much was enough, or too little.

Generally Timneys are very good triggers, I have several and none have been problems in any way.

DF

Happend on my vanguard trigger, the sear was not properly hardened . I sent it back and got a new one ASAP

BP-B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
If a Timney has creep, look at engagement, it may be too much. You don't need a lot. I'd get the specs from Timney if I didn't know how much was enough, or too little.

Generally Timneys are very good triggers, I have several and none have been problems in any way.

DF

Happend on my vanguard trigger, the sear was not properly hardened . I sent it back and got a new one ASAP

I don't think you'll find a Timney with less than optimal metal hardening. Too much engagement seems to me the most probably culprit.

If that doesn't work, a call to Timney would be my next move and maybe a return for them to check it.

DF

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
It could be the sear engagement screw, but calling Timney is the best way to go. Also, Timney recommends NOT putting Loc-tite on the adjustment screws.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by postoak
It could be the sear engagement screw, but calling Timney is the best way to go. Also, Timney recommends NOT putting Loc-tite on the adjustment screws.

I don't either, unless that sucker has been moving.

There are different levels of Loc-tite. Get the least binding if you're gonna use it.

DF

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Amazing such simple chitt can stir ICGAF. Come on boys, really? Go dip a line or sit in a blind for Christ sakes...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Glad playtime is over for Beavis and Butthead and useful information is now being posted.

Last edited by gunswizard; 10/02/15.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by EdM
Amazing such simple chitt can stir ICGAF. Come on boys, really? Go dip a line or sit in a blind for Christ sakes...

Why do you GAF?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Because dikheads like you have run many old time posters off with your confrontational attack posts filled with hate and and disparaging remarks. If you can't contribute anything inetelligent you need to MYOB. You're still avoiding my question regarding worthwile contributions you've made. It's time you grew up and quit acting like a pimplefaced adolescent who hides behind his keyboard and bullies the civilized gentlemen on this forum.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Because dikheads like you have run many old time posters off with your confrontational attack posts filled with hate and and disparaging remarks. If you can't contribute anything inetelligent you need to MYOB. You're still avoiding my question regarding worthwile contributions you've made. It's time you grew up and quit acting like a pimplefaced adolescent who hides behind his keyboard and bullies the civilized gentlemen on this forum.

You attack with a vengeance, you're gonna get it back with interest.

So, you can't complain about being picked on, you're setting yourself up.

IMO,

DF

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Oh boy, a threat. The post was not even directed at you DF. Only commenting about a sincere post seeking information having been hijacked. After the children were done playing the mature adult posters came thru and I got the answers I was seeking. And please notice nowhere in my posts did I mention getting anything back with interest or being set up. Nothing negative,confrontational or threatening at all. This post having provided the information sought I'm considering as closed. Thanks to those who helped, your assistance is appreciated as always.

Last edited by gunswizard; 10/02/15.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey stupid schitt... I told you to call Timney like many others here suggested as well. Yes, it's likely sear engagement, but if you couldn't follow the basic instructions on Timney's webpage explaining that likely isn't going to help you much SO I SAID CALL TIMNEY.
I asked you a question, and made a suggestion. YOU'RE the one who made any of it confrontational. You PM'ed me... You said dumb schit because you took offense to something, and then removed yourself like a petulant woman in an effort to have the final word.

Whine some more and pretend you didn't start schit with your PM that I posted.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thirty plus years as a gunsmith and you don't have the mechanical aptitude to figure something so simple as sear engagement... crazy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Another troll heard from, worthless confrontational posts are his style too. Seldom contributes anything worthwhile, acting like a pimple faced adolescent hiding behind his computer keyboard hurling insults must be how he gets his jollies. Most 'fire folks know these types for what they are.

Really ?

You've been asking some of the STUPIDEST and most basic questions about bench techniques for YEARS now, as far as I can see.
Asking about "the best penetrating oil for a stuck / seized 6-48"
Ya' know GunLizard,....most KIDS that have been pulling wrenches in High School and 4H tractor repair programs will BELLOW out their favorite home brewed concoction,....and a LOT of them are young shooters, to boot.
YOU have to come here and whine about 30 years of FAILING to get some sorta' chit together/ can do attitude, and NOT being able to get a steel screw out of a steel receiver ??????

Seldom contributes anything worthwhile

I've YET to see you put up a goddam thing but whiny TEXT, and squat to pee dialogue.
So,....could you maybe target some of my old photo RICH posts,...and bless the assembly here with your august and discerning critique
....the FOCUS being on WTF "Worthwhile" means.

Fill your boots, GunLizard.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 10/02/15.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

There are different levels of Loc-tite. Get the least binding if you're gonna use it.

DF

Tech tip from Crossfire,

NO Loctite,....Permatex Indian Head Shellac is THE oldest formula that the company that now OWNS the commercial "Loctite" patents and trademark.

If it's not setting up quick enough,....dope it down with a little stove gas.

It will NOT "lock" up a damned thing,....but it sure will make screws hard to turn off of a desired index point.

Crap sakes,....you Timney boys try working with original flintlock three bar Set triggers , if you want to pull hair out in chunks, and develop a tic.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

DF

Tech tip from Crossfire,

NO Loctite,....Permatex Indian Head Shellac is THE oldest formula that the company that now OWNS the commercial "Loctite" patents and trademark.

If it's not setting up quick enough,....dope it down with a little stove gas.

It will NOT "lock" up a damned thing,....but it sure will make screws hard to turn off of a desired index point.

Crap sakes,....you Timney boys try working with original flintlock three bar Set triggers , if you want to pull hair out in chunks, and develop a tic.

GTC

Thanks for the heads up on that.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ideally one dopes the screw's recess, and the screw, and allows the stuff to set right up.
Pleasant smell, kinda' like an old rope loft or skinny skis being waxed.
No toxic methacrylic esters or such.
No flies whatsoever on Loctite products,...I maintain and use a spectrum of them.
I guess General Electric "Glyptol" has been taken off the market to save the little frogs and fishies or some damn thing.
THAT was another really nice asset to have in one's bag of "this screw will stay right here, at precisely this setting, 'til I want it to change". At that point one dipped a scribe in acetone and worried the dab you'd applied off, and changed, disassembled, or adjusted.

GTC

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

DF

I don't think you'll find a Timney with less than optimal metal hardening. Too much engagement seems to me the most probably culprit.

If that doesn't work, a call to Timney would be my next move and maybe a return for them to check it.

DF

Sears at that time came from an outside vendor, every one was not hardened properly.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
If Timeny had a problem with a vendor, they for sure know about it and IME with them, they'll go out of their way to make it right.

I'd definitely call them.

DF

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Did I say I was going to do it instantaneously? Why do you feel it necessary to use language that you need to mis-spel in order to get by the filter? Another example of crass & crude, notice my replies all use civil adult language. You can quit worrying, you are now on ignore. You never answered my question as to what gunsmithing knowledge you have contributed in 7635 posts. A lot of your stuff seems to be more of a confrontational rather than informational nature.

I so enjoy irony.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It never gets old.....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
457 members (300jimmy, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 320090T, 257 mag, 49 invisible), 2,185 guests, and 943 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,110
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.