Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Yes, something is definitely amiss. Broken optics and people's perception that Aimpoints are infallible are two things amiss.

I have no doubt that Aimpoints are more reliable than Eotechs, but if we refer to a broken Aimpoint as "broken" then our biases have clouded our view of reality.

I'm not saying that I don't believe you. I'm saying that myself and everyone else I know/talk with about the subject who see hundreds of models of each every year with a bunch of rounds fired at places with high enough accuracy standards to notice zero shifts, all have found the same things- only a couple out of every hundred Aimpoints show issues, but almost every EoTech will have issues whether it's battery contacts, dead zones on the glass, thermal zero shift (and if you put a rifle in a vehicle it goes WAAAY beyond what is needed to shift the zero), accelerated battery usage, etc.

The only time I have seen multiple Aimpints have issues, is when the organization/users didn't tighten the rings because they thought they were already tight. 4 out of 6 brand new Aimpoints had loose rings and the users were pissed and wanting their EoTechs back until it was pointed out that they weren't tightened down.

If I saw multiple Aimpoints (especially new ones) have wandering zeroes and eating batteries I'd have the AP military rep on the phone before the guys could even get the scopes off.

Nothing is infallible but that situation isn't normal in any way.