Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
7mmMato Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just booked for a Late Sept early Oct Moose hunt with Copper River Outfitters. Planning on having a good time in Canada. Gonna drive up from Missouri thru Montana and into BC. Whats some must see sights on my way. Crossing the border at Roosville on the way up. Havent decided which Route to come home on yet.

Thanks
Charles

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I live very close to where you will be hunting the rut should be in full swing by then. Don't expect a huge bull if you are hunting in the Smithers area but you never know. If you are into fishing The Bulkley and Morice rivers are great steelhead rivers. Beautiful country so make sure you take lots of photos. Good luck.

Gerry.
7mmMato Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You have a year to research so you should be able to find a lot of info by then!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
7mmMato Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I do I know. Just kinda wound up. Its gonna be a long year.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I get that way every fall when we come back from Alaska. Its the 50 week countdown.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whet that appetite laugh

[Linked Image]via Imgflip Meme Maker

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I have hunted with Jim Lancaster in the NWT at Nahanni Butte. Twice. He is a super guy and I'm sure you will have a great hunt. Enjoy your hunt. Will be driving by you in two weeks as we are headed to Montana and Wyoming for deer and antelope.

7mmMato Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Have a good trip. Only talked to Jim once so far as he has been busy With hutning season. Was a good enough conversation for me to decide to do the hunt. Im sure I will talk to him often in the next year. A havent heard or read a bad thing about him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
7mmMato;
Good evening to you sir, I trust this finds you doing acceptably well.

The standard opening line I've been giving to folks crossing up here for a hunt is to take a quick look at the stickied section at the top of this forum.

On it you'll find information and links to various sights including DriveBC which gives you up to the minute road reports and access to highway cams for the same.

The highways shouldn't be too bad at this time next year, but one thing to be aware of is that you're required to run M&S or Snowflake marked tires or carry chains after October 01st.

As far as things to see, well there's a lot actually...

If you're crossing at Roosville you'll be close to a few really nice hot springs - which are all through the journey to your hunt.

Link to BC Hot Springs:

http://www.hellobc.com/british-columbia/things-to-do/food-wine-relaxation/hot-springs.aspx

If you choose to come back down Highway 97 you'd be coming through the heart of our wine producing region. If that's for you, then here's a link to that.

http://www.hellobc.com/thompson-oka...ds.aspx?gclid=CKXLmdn5scgCFUSCfgodJ9APzw

It's a wonderful time of year to travel through here as far as colors go too, so when you get up in through the Cariboo region they should be grand indeed.

Anyway that's a start sir and if I think of a few more things I'll post them up later.

All the best to you in your hunts this fall and good luck on your moose hunt too.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B3

7mmMato Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks BC everything is fine here as we welcomed a new Grand Daughter last night. Hope all is well up there. I am almost as excited about the drive as I am the hunt. Im not sure if I will head East on the way back to check out some of the other Provinces or Drop down into Washington state as it is one the last to States in the Lower 48 that I havent been to the other being Maine.

I am thinking if I get to Smithers early enough I might head West to the coast for quick look see as well. I have read your sticky post and will probably wear it out in the next year. The hot springs are definetly gonna be visited. Have a great weekend and thanks for responding to my post.

Charles

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you come west Pm me and I could let you know of a few things to check out west of Smithers. You will see some beautiful country and you may also see a Kermode bear (white phase black bear. If you go further to the west from where I live to Prince Rupert I would recommend a seafood dinner at one of the restaurants that are right on the ocean, the seafood will be fresh...........

Gerry.
7mmMato Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Will do that is what I was thinking was driving to Prince Rupert just to see ocean. And seafood is one of my favorite meals. I got lots of time to plan.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 66 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,334
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.