Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If Trump isn't the GOP nominee, the protest voters will stay home.

That is normally their intention from the beginning. They have to be victims. It's what they do.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
Trump will be submitting a detailed plan for spending cuts this week. The rest of the crowd will simply criticize it while offering nothing of their own.

Once submitted,I believe Trump will own the primaries through Super Tuesday.

That's a good political move on his part, although the executive branch can't do more than approve or deny such endeavor.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell

That is normally their intention from the beginning. They have to be victims. It's what they do.

They don't choose to be. But the system and the fuggin' idiots who don't recognize the system cause them to be.

That's why they ain't got no sympathy for the knotheads who can't decipher candidates like Cruz.

They won't play the idiots game.

,..too damn many people playin' it already.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

are we at the stage where their votes don't matter and won't sway an election like we were in 2008 and 2012?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Gus

the strength of trump might well emanate from all across party lines. sure, he might leave folks behind in every group, but he could well pick up enough to win the number of electoral votes needed. please remember this not a race based upon the popular vote.

I've been kind've thinking of the same possibility.......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by milespatton
Ain't no way in hell he can win the general election.

Yep, all Y'all that have been bragging about how conservative that you are, are not it seems. Truth has a way of coming to the top, like cream. miles

Here's what people want.

Less emphasis on war, more emphasis on jobs, a hard line on illegal immigration.

Most of the GOP candidates are courting the more war vote, say hardly anything about more jobs, and are at minimum very mealy mouthed about illegal immigration. If fact, most are in favor of some sort of amnesty.

To sum up, there's no conservatives running. The big money doesn't want conservatism.

Bingo.

Yep........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by isaac
Trump will be submitting a detailed plan for spending cuts this week. The rest of the crowd will simply criticize it while offering nothing of their own.

Once submitted,I believe Trump will own the primaries through Super Tuesday.

Coming from you that's GOT to be tongue-in-cheek.......

smile
Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by KMS

LOL! The cheering section! Every time someone praises Donald, TRH goes, "Right you are! Preach it brother!" TFF! laugh
My support for Trump himself is actually lukewarm. I support his candidacy only because he's bucking the establishment which is decidedly anti-conservative, and which hates him because he's decidedly more real than they are. We'll never get real conservative government until the neocon death grip that's on the Republican establishment is broken, and Trump is the best chance for doing that at this time.

I like your analysis, except that I am much more positive about Donald Trump because he conforms to my view of what a really good big businessman is. IMO, we could use someone with his skills and his greater honesty. Plus, his stance on issues is perfectly fine so far. I think he is taking the gun issue as far as necessary at this point.

Really great businessmen –– and there are a few –– attract intense loyalty because people trust them. I do not confuse this with persons like JFK and BHO who gather henchmen who would be no-talent nothings without their connection to the boss.(I know that JFK had McNamara, Bundy, et al., but in retrospect they had such insufferable egos that they got much of what they did wrong and later admitted it.) Really great ones like Ike, Truman and Reagan did not think only Ivy League cronies were competent.

I like(d) several of the other GOP candidates including Cruz, but I do not see any at this point who can carry it all the way. I could be wrong, but that is what I see.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

They don't choose to be. But the system and the fuggin' idiots who don't recognize the system cause them to be.

That's why they ain't got no sympathy for the knotheads who can't decipher candidates like Cruz.

They won't play the idiots game.

,..too damn many people playin' it already.

Let's hope they get lucky this time and pull it out. We won't survive them taking their ball and going home again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like your analysis, except that I am much more positive about Donald Trump because he conforms to my view of what a really good big businessman is. IMO, we could use someone with his skills and his greater honesty. Plus, his stance on issues is perfectly fine so far. I think he is taking the gun issue as far as necessary at this point.

What I am seeing is that the Donald is a very good salesman. I also think that most of what is known in the sales world as "puffing", which means stretching the truth to make your product look better than it is. Now if I could trust the Donald to do as promised, or at least try to, I could get behind him. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by milespatton

What I am seeing is that the Donald is a very good salesman. I also think that most of what is known in the sales world as "puffing", which means stretching the truth to make your product look better than it is. Now if I could trust the Donald to do as promised, or at least try to, I could get behind him. miles

I think that we are on the same page.

Let me add that in his business ventures, whether it is hise-rise buildings, resorts, business suits, steaks or whatever, he insists on quality and doing it right. Maybe sometimes he fails, but the goals are clear and people stand in line to get his stuff.

Clearly, he has a huge ego. They all do. In his case, I believe that he will do his absolute best to further the interests of the country, if only for that reason. grin

Great businessmen take pride in offering great products and services and not screwing the public. At least, the ones I value do.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Cruz is cruising to the top. We've got a long way to go. It's only a matter of time.

Run Ben run, your lagging behind.

Cruz ain't cruising anywhere. This is a Texas poll and Trump still handed him his ass.

He can't win outside of Texas. And now, it looks like he can't win in Texas.

He does great things for the US and for Texas but his delivery of the message stinks. He creepily looks in to the camera and preaches to us like a preacher and a politician. That's not what the people are looking for.

I love his stance and that he has the balls to stand up to the current congress and POS of the US, but he needs a different was to say it.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by KMS
It's just this.

Lose the protest vote, lose the election,...just like in 2008 and 2012.

Amazing! This far out and you already know the outcome.

I hate to say it but yes. I believe B nailed it. If anyone besides Trump or Carson runs against the D's, it's more of this crap for 4-8 more years.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TFF...Herman Cain led Romney by 20 points at this time in 2007. Any of you Texas boyz get invited to that poll?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by KMS
Serious question: What if Cruz were to climb in the polls between now and the primary? Would any of the Trump supporters consider him?

Not trying to be confrontational. Just asking. Is it Trump or nobody?

Absolutely I'd support him. I'd rather him be the front runner from the start. Politically, I agree with him on many many fronts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Truth be known, I'm worried about these old farts voting for Bush in the primaries.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Christ I hope not.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You know who I'm talking about. They won't follow any of it until election day and they'll go with whoever's ad they saw last on the weather channel.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
You are right... they are just "stuck in stupid"
Primaries are still 3 months out...
I want to see more action in the "debates"... time to weed out a few more from this clusterphuk... then we can get to some serious issues.
Anybody here besides me that has looked at and compared the "party platforms" from 2012?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Cruz is cruising to the top. We've got a long way to go. It's only a matter of time.

Run Ben run, your lagging behind.

Cruz ain't cruising anywhere. This is a Texas poll and Trump still handed him his ass.

He can't win outside of Texas. And now, it looks like he can't win in Texas.

He does great things for the US and for Texas but his delivery of the message stinks. He creepily looks in to the camera and preaches to us like a preacher and a politician. That's not what the people are looking for.

I love his stance and that he has the balls to stand up to the current congress and POS of the US, but he needs a different was to say it.

Yeah riiight...Cruz can't win in Texas...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,310
Posts18,468,202
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.