Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Lots of people buy cheap so numbers of sales don't tell the story. I prefer to go by people's experience who've built "lots" of em.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, I'll remember those. If the LPK is good, $90 is a deal for that. For a guy who wants an integral trigger guard anyway.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FWIW, as I understand it there aren't a lot of people making forged lowers. They're just made and then roll marked for whoever. In fact, we contacted several companies last year and they were willing to make us our own lowers with our "company" name and custom serial numbers if we ordered enough.

They'll even mark them BluedreauxAR&Awesomeness, with no mention of the real manufacturer if you've got the right FFL and pay for the variance.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Thanks, I'll remember those. If the LPK is good, $90 is a deal for that. For a guy who wants an integral trigger guard anyway.

Blue,

I've used several Anderson LPK's. Overall, good parts. For a stock LPK, the trigger pull is very good, breaking at 6 pounds. One draw back is they seem to have weak hammer springs. I've had to replace two of them with a stiffer spring.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
6#'s is good for a AR triggee? I've never even shot one.

Can you get triggers more like a bolt rifle? 3-4#'s?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MadMooner
6#'s is good for a AR triggee? I've never even shot one.

Can you get triggers more like a bolt rifle? 3-4#'s?

Yes, for a stock trigger 6 pounds is excellent.

Yes, there are plenty of other trigger options. Geissele triggers seem to be the favorite.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TWR
Lots of people buy cheap so numbers of sales don't tell the story. I prefer to go by people's experience who've built "lots" of em.

As I've said before, we've used about any brand out there.

And I'd think I might qualify as having built a few of them over the years.

I just dont see the difference.

Maybe if it was combat or such, but we run em hard in competition and as long as its a lower thats right, IE holes drilled right and lower milled right, its all the same...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Well PWA built some with the pins drilled crooked and broke hammers pretty often, RR put some out with the grip screw drilled at the wrong angle, made the gap wide enough to eat up your finger even with an enhanced trigger guard.

Combat or not, they have to be machined correctly. I just asked who they were cause they are a new player in the AR market. New players selling the cheapest products don't usually have a good record. They spent 40 years in the automotive business, only a few years in the gun industry.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
MM, I build on the cheapest forged aluminium stripped lower with forward assist I can find. Anderson, Delton, DTI, ect.

Never had an issue with any of them.
You buy lowers with forward assist? For an AR? Who makes those?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
All my lowers have forward assist...I like to call it a Trigger....It assist the bullet going forward...... grin

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RickyD
MM, I build on the cheapest forged aluminium stripped lower with forward assist I can find. Anderson, Delton, DTI, ect.

Most lowers are made to accommodate a forward assist. Personally I like the forward assist. Typically the "slick sided" lower, with no provision for a forward assist are a little cheaper, which is why I qualified my statement.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I like the gator with the checkered front strap and stoway map compartment pump section.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TWR
Well PWA built some with the pins drilled crooked and broke hammers pretty often, RR put some out with the grip screw drilled at the wrong angle, made the gap wide enough to eat up your finger even with an enhanced trigger guard.

Combat or not, they have to be machined correctly. I just asked who they were cause they are a new player in the AR market. New players selling the cheapest products don't usually have a good record. They spent 40 years in the automotive business, only a few years in the gun industry.

No one ever said that any company is perfect...

My first Zeiss scope was a lemon... did not keep me from continuing to buy them though...

Point was as long as its right, its fine, no particular name is needed and not worth paying for IMHO.

Imagine my expensive Colt lower gun shooting great groups and then laying my cheap EA company lower gun next to it shoot as good if not better groups....

Parts kits have had crooked holes before too.. I saw that as early as the early 80s or late 70s sometime...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Most lowers are made to accommodate a forward assist. Personally I like the forward assist. Typically the "slick sided" lower, with no provision for a forward assist are a little cheaper, which is why I qualified my statement.

Photos please? Both FA and Non FA

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rost495

On the lower.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
FA [Linked Image]

Non FA
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks all- I just ordered a couple of the Anderson lowers.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Did you get the forward assist model?.......I am dying to Know. laugh

Last edited by KentuckyMountainMan; 10/07/15.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

On the lower.

I think you caught me before I had my first cup of coffee!!

Receiver with no forward assist:

[Linked Image]

Receiver with a forward assist:

[Linked Image]

They just might not be lowers. wink

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by TWR

No one ever said that any company is perfect...

My first Zeiss scope was a lemon... did not keep me from continuing to buy them though...

Point was as long as its right, its fine, no particular name is needed and not worth paying for IMHO.

Imagine my expensive Colt lower gun shooting great groups and then laying my cheap EA company lower gun next to it shoot as good if not better groups....

Parts kits have had crooked holes before too.. I saw that as early as the early 80s or late 70s sometime...

Yes but when companies make runs of those it's nice to know. I just asked cause they were a new company selling cheap lowers. You people act like I insulted your momma.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

477 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 1,952 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,216
Posts18,447,378
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.