Hop To
J
jk16 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Gentlemen,

Last year, My nephew and I built a batch of light weight alcohol camo stoves to sell a gun shows to raise funds for his Philmont trips.We sold over a hundred of them. We sold the last few here last year and they were well recieved. Thank you.

This year ,we came up with a new one peice all alumnium design after months of experimentation .Due to its unique combination of features, we feel it is probably the best lightweight alcohol stove you can buy

It has a VERY efficient 29 micro flame port setup that we have found burns strong AND very efficiently. These are swaged from older heavy guage RED Budweiser Aluminum stadium bottles using custom machined forming dies. We decided to call it the "B-29" stove due to it being made from a Bud bottle with 29 jets:)

These use common denatured alcohol or Yellow bottled HEET. They boil water in about 6 minutes and use just over a half ounce of fuel and require minimal priming time. Supports almost any cookpot with no potstand needed. Works like a Trangia -only faster, lighter and more fuel efficient...Just pour fuel in the center( up to 2 oz) and light. In 20 to 30 seconds, the jets will light and set the pot on.

In the pics,you will notice the three swaged "pot bumps" along the rim. They do two important things. First ,they allow the fuel column pressure to equalize preventing flame pulsing and flareups common with other bottle stove designs. Second, by minimizing contact with the pot, they prevent "cold flameout" when a cold pot is set on the stove. The three bumps behave like a tripod and offer a very sold pot support.

They weigh only 1 ounce and are 1.75" tall by 2.25" wide. They work best with 3 to 6" diameter mugs/pots .ALL stoves are test burned before shipping.

Our heavy duty .012" thick,4" high aluminum windscreens are also available as an accessory, and can be custom cut to your pot diameter. The stoves alone are $19.50 shipped and the windscreens are available with stove orders only for an extra $9 .
PayPal is preferred, but mailed payments are also fine..Thanks and PM me with any questions.

B-29s on the runway-
[Linked Image]

Test burn-
[Linked Image]

Flame pattern under a 5" dia pot-
[Linked Image]

The "pot bumps" along the rim-
[Linked Image]

The HD Windscreen around a 6" pot-[Linked Image]

Last edited by jk16; 10/04/15.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
A good uncle and great windscreen you sold me last year. It's served me well with both alcohol and canister stoves.
I'll take a B-29. PM on the way.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
jk16 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Mtboomer..
Thanks. I meant to mention that the Windscreens also work well for other stoves. They are light ,but tough.
Just like the stoves.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
tag

J
jk16 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks for the replies so far today,guys..

Of the ten stoves we had left, five are left.

Someine asked about what size of pots these work best with. Due to the smaller but more numerous ports, the flame pattern is strong but tight.

It works well on anything from a 3.5" diameter mug all the way up to a 8" frying pan.The flame ring merely flares outward on the larger bottom pots.

Here is a pic of a 3.75" Imusa Mug on the stove-
[Linked Image]

Last edited by jk16; 10/05/15.
IC B2

J
jk16 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Down to two stoves left...
Thanks to everyone who has responded so far.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I will take one with a windscreen please. PM incoming.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll take a stove. PM incoming.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
737 members (10gaugemag, 222ND, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,690
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.