Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great idea, poor execution

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
BP-B6

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yep, a small custom operation being turned into production operation is a big step.

Unfortunately, most start ups fail. I know this isn't a from scratch start up, but that leap from custom to production is essentially a start up from a business model.

I wish them luck.

DF

B
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Yep, a small custom operation being turned into production operation is a big step.

Unfortunately, most start ups fail. I know this isn't a from scratch start up, but that leap from custom to production is essentially a start up from a business model.

I wish them luck.

DF

I wish them more than luck... I picked up a 28 Nosler and I'm tickled with it... still working on loads but getting better than 1 moa at 200 with what I'm trying. I trust they'll work through the learning curve and hope they stick around and deliver on the promise so the next time I get the itch they are an option. near custom quality for that price point ain't bad. Like my coopers but like the LAW balance, weight and slick action a bunch.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by BLTHD
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

I wish them luck.

DF

I wish them more than luck... I picked up a 28 Nosler and I'm tickled with it... still working on loads but getting better than 1 moa at 200 with what I'm trying. I trust they'll work through the learning curve and hope they stick around and deliver on the promise so the next time I get the itch they are an option. near custom quality for that price point ain't bad. Like my coopers but like the LAW balance, weight and slick action a bunch.

Welcome to the Fire.

DF

O
O
Just got my 280AI Professional back from its second trip to the factory. No change in performance. No consistency whatsoever. Beyond frustrating... not to mention expensive. Some groups exceeding 6 moa @ 100. Not even sure what to do with this thing at this point. It is obvious that they are not serious about addressing product defects.

Last edited by OdinofWyoming; 10/07/15.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
WOW! Unreal...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OdinofWyoming,

Just got my 280AI Professional back from its second trip to the factory. No change in performance. No consistency whatsoever. Beyond frustrating... not to mention expensive. Some groups exceeding 6 moa @ 100. Not even sure what to do with this thing at this point. It is obvious that they are not serious about addressing product defects.

Small claims court?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Scope/mount issues?

O
O
Negative on the scope issues. That's what I thought it had to be at first too... I mean, it can't be the $1600 rifle right? Wrong! This rifle has had the mounts checked and rechecked, several sets of rings, and 2 different Vortex Viper HS scopes on top of it. Some major issues going on here. Really sucks as this was to be the wife's hunting rig this year (including a wyoming bison tag). This experience has been a complete disappointment. Luckily the Tikka we bought her for a quick replacement shoots lights out.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Odin,

Don't know if you saw this:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10524122/Range_report,_LAW_Professional#Post10524122

Even if you don't want to attempt repair yourself, I would be curious as to whether you have the same issue.

David

IC B3

D
DBF Offline
D
I just joined after coming here to read up on these rifles. I'll usually take a flyer on a new rifle at the $1500 price but think now I'll buy another Cooper and sit this one out. A few of us that hunt a lot on Snipershide were all set to jump on these as the dealers, most who are pretty reliable here in Colorado, were pretty high on these. Glad I found the site, can't believe I didn't know about this forum.
Thanks,

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Unbelievable. The same failing business model that keeps rearing its head. I'd think someone planning a startup would do some research and speak to some other folks that couldn't make it work to find out where the sticking places are so that there is a procedure in place when Murphy rears his head. Not yet. Just like Melvin, I'm sure Mark knows how to make a rifle. Neither obviously have much business savvy. Nothing wrong with that. It seems that the businessmen and their models are the ones doing the failing here.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It was pretty obvious that LAW had already determined they knew everything they needed to know.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Unbelievable. The same failing business model that keeps rearing its head. I'd think someone planning a startup would do some research and speak to some other folks that couldn't make it work to find out where the sticking places are so that there is a procedure in place when Murphy rears his head. Not yet. Just like Melvin, I'm sure Mark knows how to make a rifle. Neither obviously have much business savvy. Nothing wrong with that. It seems that the businessmen and their models are the ones doing the failing here.

They do, and they all think it is a consumer issue.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Odin,

Don't know if you saw this:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10524122/Range_report,_LAW_Professional#Post10524122

Even if you don't want to attempt repair yourself, I would be curious as to whether you have the same issue.

David

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10524122

I found out, by knocking off the duplicate part of the link, it will light up for click activation.

DF

B
B
Could be I skimmed the thread too fast but it seems like the issues reported were all 280ai... Did I get that right? Been a while but did Brian C get his back and sorted out?

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
If you buy cheap you get cheap.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I received my 280AI last wk. they got it shooting to 1" depending on the load. They had to bed it. When I talked with them 2wks ago. Both Dave and JD said they bedded the action. When I got it. I took the rifle apart to see the bed job, expecting a Profesional bed job of the complete action through the lug. All was bedded was the front aluminum block nothing else.

They supplied me with hand load info with groups they shot, shooting 3/4" to .550" When I shot those loads it still shot 1.1" to 1.5" at 100 yards. I brought the rifle home and looked at how the stock to action, bottom metal and trigger fit to the stock. After close examination. I saw the trigger was bound against the stock aswell the bottom metal was aswell still. So after some stock relief. They really should have seen that and fixed it.So I retorched the action screws to 55"lbs in the front and 50"lbs to the rear after grinding out the stock. Took the rifle to the range again and the rifle now shoots 1/2-3/4 consistently with the loads that they supplied me with. I have really noticed you have to have great and very consistant form while shooting a LAW rifle.

So I bought the August 12 and was still working on it through yesterday Oct 10. Now this is just my opinion here. I have had more frustration and time along with good money on this Rifle and company then I have ever had with a production rifle. I have had many Savage, Tikka, and Remington's in my day. And yes plastic stocks often need replaced with a aftermarket and the trigger needs some tuning. But that is for a $350-$600 rifle. When spending $1700 on a rifle and you still end up spending close to another $775 on it and 2 months of the company and your self trying to fix the rifle.

Now this is only my experience here and my opinion. I do think that at LAW and Mark Bansner want to do well. But I have the impression that there are lots of management, and very little workers and that there is very poor communication and follow through.I was told and promised a lot of things. At the end of it, about 20% was delivered.

As for myself. NEVER AGAIN

Last edited by brianc74; 10/11/15.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Brian,

I'm glad you got it sorted! Hopefully you can put your experience out of your mind and enjoy your hunts this year.

David

O
O
Good news. Legendary Arms Works agreed to give me a full refund of my money today. Glad to have my money back, but would much rather had that rifle in a copy that shot well. Such a nice rifle in the hand and a company I really wanted to support (veteran owned). Maybe some other day after they've worked out all of the kinks.

To all of you that offered comment, thanks for all of the help.

Now what to buy to replace it?

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
281 members (007FJ, 160user, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 1,973 guests, and 923 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,812
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.