Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Here are two results from the last few weeks of testing loads. These are photos of pronghorns killed at about 7,100 feet elevation. The top photo shows the exit of a Nosler 6.5 140 hit at 175 yards. The 140 grainer's muzzle velocity was 3,419 feet per second measured at an elevation of 1,200 feet. The lower photo shows the exit on a pronghorn 420 yards away caused by a Barnes LRX 127 grainer starting at 3,255 feet per second.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like you've made a couple of loads that you're happy with!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm happy with the 140 load you suggested for my son-in-law's. The other velociy is OK for the 6.5SLR but certainly not for this larger case. I am waiting for a new barrel for the SLR.

Thanks again for your help.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anytime Ringman.

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I believe you recommended RL33 awhile back. Three pounds will be here on Wednesday. I can't find any N570 or it would be on its way. With the honey do's this week, I don't think I will get a chance to play with any before deer seasons. It starts Saturday. smile

I don't think the creatures will know the difference in the velocity of my present load and something I work up with the RL33. That's the LRx 127@ 3,255 feet per second. But I will know. I shoot for my entertainment as much as getting ready for hunting.

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Look dead to me wink
How do they taste?

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
65BR,

They were dropped off at the processor Monday. I like to hang stuff or a week or so. It will be a few days before I can report back on the culinary info.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That is some amazingly inept meat handling "skills" and I'll feign my "surprise",that it jives with the rest of your "abilities". Didja' piss on it to boot,to frost the cake?

Fhuqking WOW +P++.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Enjoy - sure that will be tasty.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hopefully the "processor" swept the floor and put the returns in with it...if only to keep the pace.

Wow +P.........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Speed Goat Hair M!M! My favorite!

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Ringman!

I guess some here haven't heard about the wonderful cleaning uses for water. I guess they just do a perfect skinning job and start grilling. smile

Don't you know that to be a member of 24hr, you're only allowed to post One-hole groups, pictures of perfect "10's" that you are married to, and 1000 yard first round heart shots?

smile

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I was certainly surprised at how quickly the hair started coming out. Just moving the pronghorn to gut it started hair flying.

Here is a photo of my 9.5 wife. She is a 9.5 because she doesn't like hunting or fishing. She's seventy-one. We've been married fifty-one years. Everyone tells me she sure looks younger than me.

[Linked Image]

Everyday Hunter
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Once you hit 30,000 posts you can challenge the state exam for you license to become a practicing proctologist.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Hey Ringman!

I guess some here haven't heard about the wonderful cleaning uses for water. I guess they just do a perfect skinning job and start grilling. smile

Don't you know that to be a member of 24hr, you're only allowed to post One-hole groups, pictures of perfect "10's" that you are married to, and 1000 yard first round heart shots?

smile

And never admit you miss. Nobody on the fire ever misses.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Horns ain't a miss!

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Hey Ringman!

smile

Go to the Miscellaneous forum and look for "Is the .223AI enough gun" and on page 33 you will find someone who admits they miss.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Hey Ringman!

smile

Go to the Miscellaneous forum and look for "Is the .223AI enough gun" and on page 33 you will find someone who admits they miss.

Damn Elks!

Did you figure out why? smile

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
I think it is to much shooting from the bench and not enough real field practicing.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I think it is to much shooting from the bench and not enough real field practicing.

Boy do I know that experience. I didn't even get a shot off when I first started hunting because there was not even a tree branch on which to hold the rifle. What was disgusting was seeing how close the deer was when it disappeared into the woods. It slowly walked from about 25 yards where it got up to about 45 yards across a complete clearing beforing entering the woods. After that I practiced off hand.

Everyday Hunter
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,633
Posts18,455,226
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.