Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 24 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 23 24
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You were given accurate information, you're just too much of a loser to be able to refute it

You're probably one of those doctors that has the vanity plates, or MD indicative plates on your vehicle, so everyone can know just how special you are....used to love people like that. About the only people I stopped that were guaranteed to get several tickets

Last edited by gitem_12; 10/06/15.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Paddler
Lots of intolerance here, lots of profanity, but not a single original thought or shred of a sense of humor. Sorry to ruffle your feathers. Well, wait, that's not true. I came here just to see the response to the UCC shootings. It was entirely predictable and completely wrong.

You should trust a doctors judgement, even outside his field of expertise if he has knowledge and experience on the topic. Especially when his views reflect reality. I understand that letting go of your fear, even paranoia, is difficult for the 'fire regulars. Living in the right wing bubble doesn't work. When the real world passes you by, it leads to feelings of disenfranchisement, such feelings cause the behavior I'm seeing here. It doesn't have to be this way. The first step is disavowing your delusions, get some accurate information. Listen to NPR rather than Rush. I'll work on a 12 step program for y'all.

Ya know, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you really are a total dumb phugg.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
ASSMAN? = paddler?

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lots of intolerance here, lots of profanity, but not a single original thought or shred of a sense of humor. Sorry to ruffle your feathers. Well, wait, that's not true. I came here just to see the response to the UCC shootings. It was entirely predictable and completely wrong.

You should trust a doctors judgement, even outside his field of expertise if he has knowledge and experience on the topic. Especially when his views reflect reality. I understand that letting go of your fear, even paranoia, is difficult for the 'fire regulars. Living in the right wing bubble doesn't work. When the real world passes you by, it leads to feelings of disenfranchisement, such feelings cause the behavior I'm seeing here. It doesn't have to be this way. The first step is disavowing your delusions, get some accurate information. Listen to NPR rather than Rush. I'll work on a 12 step program for y'all.

Here's an original thought - one that served this nation well for nigh on 225 years:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bob,

Great post and for reasons than the obvious. See Peddler can beat around the bush to your reasoning, however he can't argue against it. Calling him names and questioning his manhood is what he wants, feeds on and expects. He can poke back and try to appear superior to that kind of response. After all he is a Doctor and therefore superior. While most assuredly are not of like mind they have their share. They are told they are the "best and the brightest" and some take it more seriously than others.

Your reply however always will cause him to fumble and stutter.

Thanks.

laissez les bons temps rouler
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

There are true MDs and then there are the 'other' MDs who choose to be shills advocating extreme liberal causes, regardless how dishonest and unrealistic they are, as long as it benefits them materially.

For example most here feel our own DocRocket is quite trustworthy and as such respect his judgment and professional opinions.

Originally Posted by DocRocket
Meh.

Dudes, there is no point in bringing up logic or reasonable argument about this issue.

Obama is a koolaid-drinking "progressive" ( = communist). He doesn't respond to logic, reason, or evidence. All he has or needs is faith in the "progressive" platform (a.k.a. manifesto), which holds such things as abortion-on-demand, unlimited entitlements for people who pay nothing to society's costs, eradication of the Church and the nuclear family, and of course, confiscation of all arms from the populace to be articles of faith which are not to be questioned.

It doesn't matter to him or to other "progressives" that research by ALL credible sources, including Harvard University and the CDC (which are themselves strongly "progressive" strongholds), demonstrate that gun control legislation does NOTHING to reduce crime. Evidence is irrelevant. Faith in the "progressive" platform is all that matters.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
"Living in the Right Wing bubble" was based more on evolution than substantive choice, more empirical than spiritual,and certainly not from any state of paranoia......since I can spit twice and hit Harvard Square from here, grew up and was educated in the Boston area institutions.Listened to the Liberal professors.

Point being,the Progressive/Liberal culture here would make what you have in Utah look like a bunch of lightweights.

So I listened and watched as all their "ideas" and increased regulations failed miserably,solved no problems,until it dawned on me..."These people don't know what the hell they are doing". I learned to NEVER trust them.All they do is leave society in a state of disarray,spend endlessly as they look to government for all the solutions,and pontificate.

It hasn't changed. Your solutions are "old",have not worked, and never will. The evidence is no further away than the banning of automatic weapons, the murder rates in Chicago and many other metropolitan areas of this and other countries.

The solutions lie elsewhere. I'm not pretentious enough to lecture people on here that I have the answer, but I know....you don't.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As others have already said, Bob's right. There are a lot of avid shotgunners & fly fishermen that subscribe to "Gray's Sporting Journal". Over the years I've seen more anti NRA; anti prairie dog shooting, anti anything that's not fly fishing or shotgunning, letters to the editor with negative references to bubbas, rednecks, etc. than all the other outdoor magazines I've read combined.

Last edited by 43Shooter; 10/06/15.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Bob, I have the answer. It is simply freedom, self-determination, and responsibility.

Anything else is pathological.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by joken2

There are true MDs and then there are the 'other' MDs who choose to be shills advocating extreme liberal causes, regardless how dishonest and unrealistic they are, as long as it benefits them materially.

For example most here feel our own DocRocket is quite trustworthy and as such respect his judgment and professional opinions.

Originally Posted by DocRocket
Meh.

Dudes, there is no point in bringing up logic or reasonable argument about this issue.

Obama is a koolaid-drinking "progressive" ( = communist). He doesn't respond to logic, reason, or evidence. All he has or needs is faith in the "progressive" platform (a.k.a. manifesto), which holds such things as abortion-on-demand, unlimited entitlements for people who pay nothing to society's costs, eradication of the Church and the nuclear family, and of course, confiscation of all arms from the populace to be articles of faith which are not to be questioned.

It doesn't matter to him or to other "progressives" that research by ALL credible sources, including Harvard University and the CDC (which are themselves strongly "progressive" strongholds), demonstrate that gun control legislation does NOTHING to reduce crime. Evidence is irrelevant. Faith in the "progressive" platform is all that matters.

DocRocket is top shelf

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Battue: I didn't mean to paint all Doctors with a broad brush LOL!I was merely responding to SamO's narrative. I met my new primary care physician the other day for routine checkup....a lovely, intelligent lady who was receptive and curious when I told her my primary recreational activities were hunting, shooting,and bass fishing. So I am not anti-doctor by any means. I have met a lot of great ones and respect their intelligence and professionalism.

I'll save the broad strokes for the fly fishermen and shotgunners smile ....of which I am "both". But like Scott said, I am first a hunter and fisherman. The tools of the trade are immaterial.

What I find interesting about the approach Paddler advocates ( and he is entitled to his opinion of course), is that he is setting the stage for his own extinction,whether he realizes it or not. frown

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Paddler is an attention whore.

Ignore it and it must go elsewhere for the boosts to it's poor self esteem it desperately craves.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bob, realize that was not your intent. Nor mine and we all know individuals of Peddlers mind set from all walks of life. However, Peddler feels that because he thinks he has expertise in an area outside of medicine also being an MD means we should value his opinion even more so than those who are not MD's.

Peddler: "You should trust a doctors judgement, even outside his field of expertise if he has knowledge and experience on the topic. Especially when his views reflect reality."

He brags on about his shotguns like a kid with his cat's eye marble collection. I know a few that could eaisly trump it in the trunk of the car. Would look at his mostly mid-level assembly, be assulted with his arrogance and quickly move on. Some of them working class fellows also. smile

Not sure if they flyfish. But if they did they would be fine people to spend the day with. grin

Last edited by battue; 10/06/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
What is it about freedom that you hate?

How is it that limiting the ability of law abiding citizens to protect themselves solves anything?

Are you afraid of allowing working class people access to the means to defend themselves?

If a man... Perhaps a high class man of taste such as yourself... Were to snap one day like a cane flyrod... And take his fancy 5-figure clay-buster into a shopping mall and kill some people... Maybe by stalking on his belly like yer hero John Kerry (who served his country in Vietnam) does when deer hunting, getting up close and personal... Or just by peppering a crowd with 00 buck... Whatever... If that were to happen, would you happily lay down your weapons?

Just curious but we know you won't answer the question. Cuz the best you got is name calling.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bob, doesn't that seem a little short sided coming from a guy who fancies 82 trick move gunsmiths and their ilk.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
So here's my Representative Chaffetz getting schooled by the president of PP. Pretty funny how his gotcha slide blew up in his face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdd1HvwfmOc

Here's the real deal on Carly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4yeuPT2ZQs

You'll notice that nationwide polls indicate strong support for PP. Republicans do not, especially the hard right, misinformed ones like those here. The reality is that PP doesn't use tax dollars for abortions, nor do they sell fetal tissue for profit. If you cannot accept that, you may live in the bubble.

Gun control needs to happen. If you belong to the NRA, you may live in the bubble.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Politically,never trust an avid shotgunner (nor a fly fisherman)...

Originally Posted by BobinNH
I'll save the broad strokes for the fly fishermen and shotgunners smile ....of which I am "both". But like Scott said, I am first a hunter and fisherman. The tools of the trade are immaterial...

Now I'm confused.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ju

So here's my Representative Chaffetz getting schooled by the president of PP. Pretty funny how his gotcha slide blew up in his face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdd1HvwfmOc

Here's the real deal on Carly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4yeuPT2ZQs

You'll notice that nationwide polls indicate strong support for PP. Republicans do not, especially the hard right, misinformed ones like those here. The reality is that PP doesn't use tax dollars for abortions, nor do they sell fetal tissue for profit. If you cannot accept that, you may live in the bubble.

Gun control needs to happen. If you belong to the NRA, you may live in the bubble.

Still too chicken shidt to try and debate my response huh

Fuggin commie, coward

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
he is delusional and psychotic recognizes this in himself and recognizes the similarity between himself and these psychotics and is scared of his own personality. There is no point debating him. He is afraid of himself and what he could do, so he pushes gun control.

Page 10 of 24 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
167 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 14 invisible), 1,474 guests, and 833 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,908
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.