Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm an American. My interest is America.

I vote for the interests of America whenever there's a candidate who demonstrates it.

There's been damn few of them lately.

Cruz sure doesn't seem to fit the bill.

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Cruz has as much as said that Israel's interests and America's interests are one and the same.

I don't believe that.

But more importantly, I don't think that Cruz believes it either.

But he says it.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by Calhoun
...Only downside I know of to Cruz is his polling...

... and the fact that he promises stuff he can't actually do. Like a long list of things he claims will be done on his first day in office.

A chicken in every pot.

Wrong. The only thing Cruz promises to do the first day is UNDO Obama's executive orders...which he can.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If that is true I'll concede that I misunderstood his long list of promises.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by Calhoun
...Only downside I know of to Cruz is his polling...

... and the fact that he promises stuff he can't actually do. Like a long list of things he claims will be done on his first day in office.

A chicken in every pot.

Wrong. The only thing Cruz promises to do the first day is UNDO Obama's executive orders...which he can.

Yep, he didn't promise anything that he can't do. Well... #2 he can start, but it's up to the DOJ and courts to finish.
1. Roll back President Obama’s executive actions

The first thing I will do is rescind every illegal and unconstitutional executive action by this president. He says he’s got ‘a phone and a pen.’ Well, if you live by the pen, you die by the pen. I’ve got a pen, too. And mine has an eraser!

2. Take down Planned Parenthood

I will instruct the Department of Justice to open an investigation into Planned Parenthood and these videos and to prosecute any and all criminal violations by that organization.

3. Defend religious liberty

I will inform the Department of Justice and the IRS and every other federal agency that the persecution of religious liberty ends today. That means every serviceman and woman can worship God almighty with all their heart, mind and soul and their commanding officer has nothing to say about it.

4. “Shred” the Iran nuclear deal

I will rip to shreds the catastrophic Iranian nuclear deal. The greatest national security threat we face is the threat of a nuclear Iran… President Obama took a break from playing golf to say he didn’t appreciate my rhetoric when I said this deal would make the Obama Administration the world’s leading financier of radical Islamic terrorism… The truth is not rhetoric. If he doesn’t like the rhetoric, there’s any easy solution: stop financing radical Islamic terrorism.

5. Move the U.S. embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

I will begin the process of moving the American embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, the once and eternal capital of Israel.

I think pal was thinking of Trump, who's going to secure the border in 1 day. And he's going to do it with Mexico's money, so it'll be at least a 2 or 3 hour workday for him.
Trump: “The first thing I’d do in my first day as president is close up our borders so that illegal immigrants cannot come into our country. We have tremendous fiscal problems. We owe $19 trillion… People can come into our country but only legally.”

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Anjin
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Anybody got an argument that's not a blatant attempt to pimp their own candidate?

Cruz is an Israel firster.

That's something that's starting to cost candidates support.

The GOP is going to have to get away from it.

A lot of Americans are getting tired of fighting Israel's wars.

Trump is an Israel firster.

Takes family vacations in Israel every year to visit his relation and check up on his business interests.

I don't know about family members, though I doubt that.

As for business interests, let's think a bit about where you might put investments, or even license your brand, in the Mideast. Where is the most reasonable risk?
Who are most likely to honor their commitments? Where can you repatriate dollars?

I trust The Donald to look to his own best financial interests. Also, keep in mind that most of the real estate tycoons in NYC with whom he does business every day are Jewish. He has business relationships with most of them. It is understandable that he has to get along.

And BTW, these are substantive comments, not just pitching his candidacy. grin

It is a easy look-up.
The history of Israel and the Trump Family go way back.
"I've been loyal to Israel from the day I was born," said Trump. "My father, Fred Trump was loyal to Israel before me. The only one that's going to give Israel the kind of support it needs is Donald Trump."

The Jewish Press 6/16/15: Being a maverick gives him the image of sticking by his word. When he says he loves Israel, he puts his money where his mouth is. Trump has a huge real estate project in Netanya, and his daughter Ivanka, who converted to Judaism, looks favorably on Israel for real estate investment.
Her husband is from an Orthodox Jewish family, and she has taken her conversion seriously, adding “Yael” to her name and saying that “we’re pretty observant, more than some, less than others.”

If “the Donald” is elected president, the United States will have its first Jewish daughter in the White House.
Her father hates President Obama with a passion and has said that he is Israel’s greatest enemy. Trump also is a fan of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu.
[...]
(JTA) —Trump’s closest Jewish association is with his daughter Ivanka’s family. Ivanka Trump, a fashion designer and celebrity in her own right, converted to Judaism before marrying Jared Kushner, the son of New York Jewish real estate mogul Charles Kushner.

She studied for her Orthodox conversion with Rabbi Haskel Lookstein of Manhattan’s Kehilath Jeshurun synagogue and the Ramaz School, and Lookstein officiated at her wedding. Trump and Kushner are members of Lookstein’s Orthodox synagogue and are Shabbat observant. They have two children.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bumped because i want to hear more about Cruz is an Israel firster, but Trump is not...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
You need to stick to talking about parking lots. That's about your speed.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Bumped because i want to hear more about Cruz is an Israel firster, but Trump is not...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Cruz is easily the best candidate who cares the most about keeping America fiscally and militarily strong!

Cruz/Carson 2016

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (5sdad, 673, 406_SBC, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 450yukon, 14 invisible), 2,097 guests, and 796 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,381
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.