Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I just dropped the money for one of these at Camealand on Doug's recommendation. I've been looking for a new spotter to pack around and in a daypack. At 25 ounces this one seemed hard to beat.

Huntsonora thought its a pretty nice scope as well and pushed me towards the straight model, either that or his sexual prefrence. You never know exactly with a text message for sure! He said he was a straight kind of guy FWIW. I was kind of up in the air as I've never owned the angled eye piece on any spotting scope and thought it might be nice for the shorter overall length.

Anyway I guess I'm committed now, hopefully it come in for my scouting trip next weekend.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I doubt it will disappoint

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I love mine. Super lightweight. I can't justify leaving it.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by taylorce1
I just dropped the money for one of these at Camealand on Doug's recommendation. I've been looking for a new spotter to pack around and in a daypack. At 25 ounces this one seemed hard to beat.

Huntsonora thought its a pretty nice scope as well and pushed me towards the straight model, either that or his sexual prefrence. You never know exactly with a text message for sure! He said he was a straight kind of guy FWIW. I was kind of up in the air as I've never owned the angled eye piece on any spotting scope and thought it might be nice for the shorter overall length.

Anyway I guess I'm committed now, hopefully it come in for my scouting trip next weekend.

HA!

When do you want to get together on the 243? I'll be coming through there on the 12th or so

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I'll be elk hunting at that time, unless I tag out early. Like I said, it isn't a right now kind of thing. You spot any big deer yet? I don't think my daughter will get to hunt this season she has a concussion and hasn't been cleared by the Dr to shoot yet. She needs a lot of work with the ML, but at least I can convert her tag to a doe rifle.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't even had time to look bud. I've been so damn busy it's not even funny

Got a ram down last week though so that was cool

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Worked all night, so where are the pictures of that ram?

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Worked all night, so where are the pictures of that ram?

Yeah what the heck?!?!

I know a guy that uses one of those spotters and loves it. He just hand holds it on his shooting sticks. Nice super lightweight set up.

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Well had the scope in my hands and had to send it back. Didn't even open the box and look through it. If I had I might of kept it, with me being out of commission for at least 6 months I figured the family could use the money more.

Anyway it really sucks I was looking forward to trying this scope out. Kudos to Doug and crew for understanding my situation and making the return process easy.

Broke my leg!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 21 invisible), 1,786 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.