Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Calhoun
So... how great would it be if the Israeli's hacked the Russian cruise missiles to fly into Iranian nuclear enrichment facilities?

Bwaa haa haa.... Here's wishing for it!

These missiles do not have a mid-course correction capability, so the hack would have to occur before launch.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Bristoe
*shrugg*,..it sounds just like a trick that the neocon crazies would cook up.

They want to bomb Iran anyway. A good opportunity would be when Russia is slinging cruise missiles into Syria.

Just pitch one into Iran and then point the finger at Russia.

put the bottle down Bristoe, you are sounding looney tunes now. laugh

Surely you're not naïve enough to believe that the governments of *all* countries don't use dirty tricks to their advantage?

The modern world isn't romper room.

In fact, if the neocon crazies *didn't* do it, it's only because they didn't think of it or couldn't get it arranged in time.

It's the perfect set up. Dump some HE on Iran, which they've been wanting to do for years, and blame it on Russia, thereby killing two birds with one stone. Blow up a piece of Iran and drive a bit of a wedge between Iran and Russia.

In the world of dirty tricks, something like that would be considered very basic.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

They want to bomb Iran anyway. A good opportunity would be when Russia is slinging cruise missiles into Syria.

Surely you're not naïve enough to believe that the governments of *all* countries don't use dirty tricks to their advantage?

In fact, it the neocon crazies *didn't* do it, it's only because they didn't think of it or couldn't get it arranged in time.

It's the perfect set up. Dump some HE on Iran, which they've been wanting to do for years, and blame it on Russia, thereby killing two birds with one stone. Blow up a piece of Iran and drive a bit of a wedge between Iran and Russia.

In the world of dirty tricks, something like that would be considered very basic.

Except there is no indication these missiles hit anything of value, nor that they even went off.

In addition, we don't have anything in the Caspian, so they would have to come in on a different track, our ordinance has a different attack profile, and would leave different trace evidence at the site.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Except there is no indication these missiles hit anything of value, nor that they even went off.

Well,...for that matter there's no indication that it even happened except for an anonymous report coming from the Mainstream media which has long been considered nothing but bullshit by anybody who has bothered to pay attention.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Remember when the Russians copied our space shuttle? It looked exactly like ours, but never got off the ground if I remember correctly. They can't do anything for themselves, they have to steal it from us. Even after they steal it, they still can't make it work right.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
They can't do anything for themselves, they have to steal it from us. Even after they steal it, they still can't make it work right.

The Germans on the Western Front had that opinion of the Russians also.

Then they encountered the T34 Russian tank.

End result,...90,000 Germans taken captive and marched to Siberia.

3000 survived.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
They can't do anything for themselves, they have to steal it from us. Even after they steal it, they still can't make it work right.

3000 survived.

When the Russians came out with the SSN-14 it was ahead of our anti-submarine missiles of the time. The SSN-19 was very much a Russian design. Russians were also the first with the modern armored personal carrier with the BMP.

Russians are capable of some interesting work. They need to be watched, and not underestimated.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, dang. Kudos to the Russians for keeping their captured Nazi engineers alive all this time....

But now that I think about it, they did have East German Germans to design stuff for them until 1990 or so. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by add
We just smacked a charity hospital in Afghan this week - it happens.
The difference is, we hit exactly what we intended to hit. But we either didn't know it was a hospital, had bad intel, or someone's a cold blooded bastid.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

3000 survived.

When the Russians came out with the SSN-14 it was ahead of our anti-submarine missiles of the time. The SSN-19 was very much a Russian design. Russians were also the first with the modern armored personal carrier with the BMP.

Russians are capable of some interesting work. They need to be watched, and not underestimated.

Yea, I know, they're cunning SOB's, but I still think a lot of what they develop begins from a lot of the technology that they steal from us (the capitalists). In other words, we do the research and take it and run with it. But that's just me talking out of my azz. WTF do I know?

After all, look at the AK47, probably one of the simplest and most reliable weapons on the face of the planet.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

3000 survived.

Amen,

Every now and then they get stuff right, sometimes very right. I hope our aircraft never meet up with the Russian S300, S400, or S500 SAM systems.

The way the Russians issue small arms to an infantry unit makes a lot of sense, so much so that we equip very much the same these days; they were a good 40 years ahead of us on that.

Russian 12.5 and 7.62 machineguns are both first rate weapons. The VSS sniper rifle is just plain bad ass; they've had those for 30 years now and we don't have anything like it.

ZSU-23/4 is something we greatly feared and respected during the Cold War.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

In fact, if the neocon crazies *didn't* do it, it's only because they didn't think of it or couldn't get it arranged in time.

Now think that through and tell me how that would have actually been pulled off. Someone had to give the order, and also had to know precisely when the Russians were going to launch.

And do you think for a second that such a thing wouldn't be detected by the Russians?

You're talking out your azz and it doesn't make sense.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

3000 survived.

Yea, I know, they're cunning SOB's, but I still think a lot of what they develop begins from a lot of the technology that they steal from us (the capitalists). In other words, we do the research and take it and run with it. But that's just me talking out of my azz. WTF do I know?

After all, look at the AK47, probably one of the simplest and most reliable weapons on the face of the planet.

The AK was largely ripped off from a German design, but the Russians did improve it greatly.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Now think that through and tell me how that would have actually been pulled off. Someone had to give the order, and also had to know precisely when the Russians were going to launch.

And do you think for a second that such a thing wouldn't be detected by the Russians?

Suppose it was noticed by the Russians.

You think you'd hear anything about it?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

3000 survived.

Amen,

Every now and then they get stuff right, sometimes very right. I hope our aircraft never meet up with the Russian S300, S400, or S500 SAM systems.

The way the Russians issue small arms to an infantry unit makes a lot of sense, so much so that we equip very much the same these days; they were a good 40 years ahead of us on that.

Russian 12.5 and 7.62 machineguns are both first rate weapons. The VSS sniper rifle is just plain bad ass; they've had those for 30 years now and we don't have anything like it.

ZSU-23/4 is something we greatly feared and respected during the Cold War.

ZSU-30's are not very nice either.

The T-64 was also advanced for it's day.

On the other hand, they never did make a decent carrier.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
And as I said before.

It doesn't seem to be reported by anybody except the American bullshit media.

Well,...the British bullshit media is reporting it too,...but England is farther gone than America is.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Suppose it was noticed by the Russians.

You think you'd hear anything about it?

And just exactly how did we get a sub into the Caspian to mirror the Russian flight path?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
. . .After all, look at the AK47, probably one of the simplest and most reliable weapons on the face of the planet.

Now that is some "heavy weaponry."

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
. . .After all, look at the AK47, probably one of the simplest and most reliable weapons on the face of the planet.

Now that is some "heavy weaponry."

The AK-47's killed more people then all the nukes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The AK was largely ripped off from a German design, but the Russians did improve it greatly.
The AK is more of a rip off of the Garand than it is of the MP-44. The gas system is Garand upside down. Two lug rotating bolt just like a Garand (the MP44 is a tilting block). The trigger mechanism is Garand with full auto parts. The magazine is a small-ish copy of a BREN magazine. So which part is German?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

562 members (1minute, 260Remguy, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,131 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,287
Posts18,448,910
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.