Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I have a Troy Alpha that was driving me nuts. It wouldn't snug up properly on the barrel nut no matter how hard I tried.

Turns out the issue was not with the Troy rail, but the DPMS barrel nut. Turns out, DPMS barrel nuts have a history of being out of spec.

I switched to a cheap Delton barrel nut and the Alpha rail snugged right up the first time.

Just an FYI for all you builders.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
CumminsCowboy will be along soon to tell you that all parts are the same.

It drives me crazy when I hear people say "they're just like legos!". They are, if your lego set has a bunch of pieces that are prone to breakage and some others that never fit.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've found plenty of dpms parts out of spec but folks won't believe me and keep saying "parts is parts". (But they ain't!)

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
where are DPMS parts made? Do they do their own machining, or are some of them outsourced either here in the US or overseas?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
They ain't all the same, but going to a delton nut proves its not the cost thats the issue its the quality...

And that being said, I'm no proponent of DPMS personally, from years ago when they produced a lot of sub par stuff, that worked, but was not of great quality, but since I"ve seen a lot of DPMS stuff that is much better....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I should add, that anyone that feels that they need to spend all of their money on name brand stuff, generally will not be disappointed, though its never a guarantee, only of more cost.

When I have to know that what I'm putting togetehr is going to be right, I go to my source, White Oak, and they know what source is good or bad at any given time, and buy accordingly and I"m not paying for a huge name in the process, paying more of course, but getting things proven.

And when they can't find a particular part that is right, they outsource and have it made.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rost495
I should add, that anyone that feels that they need to spend all of their money on name brand stuff, generally will not be disappointed, though its never a guarantee, only of more cost.

When I have to know that what I'm putting togetehr is going to be right, I go to my source, White Oak, and they know what source is good or bad at any given time, and buy accordingly and I"m not paying for a huge name in the process, paying more of course, but getting things proven.

And when they can't find a particular part that is right, they outsource and have it made.

Thanks Jeff.

It's good to know who you can trust for a reasonable price.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'll never apologize for wanting better.

I also don't buy "names" I buy what works, it's not my fault that most of the better name brand stuff out there works.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Works for you, nothing in the world wrong with that.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

684 members (16Racing, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,956 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,578
Posts18,454,042
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.