Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
What a hunt and a great day it was. 6 years to the day same shooting house same crossbow that my son killed his first deer tyler was 9 years old Mike is 46 years old

This all started when my wife killed a 7 pointer last year, my co-worker Mike wanted it processed for him self. Well he fell in love with deer meat, cooking up all sorts of dishes sharing with friends and family. His mother has never ate deer in her life and she said it was dang good. His neighbors wife said she would never eat a deer, she tried some and liked it .

Well he got this wild hair and wanted to actually kill his own deer this year. I told him Id take him. He wanted to get a rifle so he did and has been shooting it this summer but I told him if you want to kill a deer NOV is your month and your best bet in tn is ML season. I told him he could shoot mine and we would go. Well anticipation was getting to him every day he just really wanted to go hunting.

I told him heck you could go during archery and take one with a cross bow, well he bought his archery license in like 5 minutes and was ready, this was like in july.

i took him monday after season was open as most hunts we did not see a thing. But for some reason we planned last week that we would go today. Weather was not good it was 85 today but what the heck you cant kill them if you are not in the woods.

about 6:20 mamma and a lil one came up the powerline, it was on. I told him to take the first deer (mamma) well she was not going to walk in front of the shooting house so i told him he was going to have to shoot out the side window.
15 yard shot she went 42 ish fell in sight. It was not that simple though the shot was perfect in but she was 1/4 to him so the exit was back she acted like she wasnt hit walked 30 yds stood there then the death wobble and dropped.

He got the taste of what every hunter that has killed a deer knows. How you can go from a high to the lowest of lows to the highest of highs in less than a minute. We were pumped when it was shot but i was un-nerverd the way she walked off but when she crashed oh man we were on cloud 9

he is freaking ruined no other words but ruined.
He is on a lease i am on 500 acres in houston county, i cant wait till he sees a buck

I will say this I have had the pleasure of putting my son, step daughter, wife and 2 of my sons friends on their first deer but putting a 46 year old co-worker and friend on one was just as exciting as all of those hunts
you would of thought a monster buck had been killed.

Cheatham county doe
dressed 85 lbs
15 yd shot
excalibur equinox crossbow
excalibur x-act mechanical broadhead

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If you cant hang'em on the wall
Hang'em between your teeth!!!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for sharing the sport.

One more on our side.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good on you!

I was 36 when I got my first. Been hooked ever since.

Helped a good friend get her first a couple of years ago. She was 45. Helping her get that little 6 point was one of the greatest hunting experiences of my life.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I put a guy I worked with last year on an 8 that had a doe hund up near the hiuse.15 minutes after putting him on point I busted them out of the thick and he got a running neck hit with my grandad 12 ga.
Nice 8 pointer.
He's hooked up now.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
congratulations to the both of you.

Doc

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Good one , im takeing out a buddie this weekend, thats not taken a deer yet,I have the same bow as you, and its good to see you smile!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kudos on getting another started in hunting!

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Thanks for sharing the sport.

One more on our side.

+1....A very nice thing to do.

I was introduced to deer hunting by a friend in 1985 at the age of 20. Been at it ever since.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
nice doe, congratulations

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Congrats!!! Nothing like being with someone when they take their first deer!! I have been blessed to be on quite a few.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sounds like a friend's father-in-law a few years back. i'd say he is around 50yrs old and had never hunted before.he decided he wanted to hunt after seeing the son-in-law bringing deer home . they bought him a cheap 270 rifle . he started to shoot for the first time and he could hardly keep it on a 12in target at 100yds. he finally decided he could hit a deer so they went hunting,well he missed the first 2 he shot at. he then brought the gun to my house so i could make sure it would shoot. i checked everything to make it right ,scope mounts and bases.i then shot a 1 1/2in group at 100yds with it. i finally got him shooting pretty well with it by coaching him with every shot. a week later he managed to kill a small basket rack 6pt at 75 yards. you would have thought he'd shot a world record deer. he brought it to my house so i could see it. he told me that what ever i did to his gun that i had fixed it.he is still hunting and has killed 2 more deer sense then. nice to see someone at that age get that excited about the sport. it really gave him something to live for because he has had throat cancer sense before he started hunting .so far he's been thru 3 rounds of treatments but he's still ready to hunt this season.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Nice job everyone! Great to hear about first deer kills regardless of the hunter's age.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Congrats, nothing's better than helping someone with their first.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great stuff - congratulations to the hunter and to the guide.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,626
Posts18,455,133
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.