Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
McClura Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have a Pedersoli Sharps with a Rear Vermier Tang sight and a front globe. I have lost my small box that had all of my front sight inserts in it. It is a Pedersoli also.
Do you know where I could get some. I have tried Buffalo Arms, Cimmaron Arms and a few distributors of Pedersoli.
I'm looking for a medium width post.
I just put together some of my 405 Cast bullets, IMR 4198 and Fed primer for a great shooting round. I'm not sure how fast but it's shooting great groups at 50 & 100 Yds.
I have a recipe for some blackpowder loads from a friend of mine that shoots competition and hunts with his two sharps.
Can't wait to get them loaded.
Thanks in advance.

Mike

You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Distant Thunder will make you inserts. Google him up.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I buy cigar boxes fulla'BPCR and ML crap at the flea markets and off the back shelves of a coupla' gun stores.

Damn near every box will have inserts rattling around in it, at times a little yellow tin full of old Lymans,...or that Red plastic sleeve that holds Redfields

I have a PILE of front sight inserts that I have not even bothered to try and ID,....no earthly idea, except they're not 17A, several flavors of Redfield, or a few others that I own.

If you want to PM me a sketch and dims, I can dig around and see what lurks.

Price is right,....you cover the postage.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If crossfire can't find anything in his stash, maybe Lee Shaver can . . .

http://stores.leeshavergunsmithing.com/

Good luck.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you send Lee Shaver a picture of your Mother in Law's behind ,....bent over weeding ( or whatever blush ) he can set up a set of inserts to perfectly outline the shape, in three incremental sizes.

Not that I'm suggesting (as much as most of us at one time or another have THOUGHT about it) that one would shoot his MIL in her more than ample derrier'.

I think he offers a complete set of his apertures in that Pedersoli size, lazer cut, or photo etched.

Get offa' the 50 and 100 yard range, and stretch that rifle's range a bit, once you're again looking at a decent sight picture.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 10/10/15.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

McClura Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Found a full set of inserts.

Mike

You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 67 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,794
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.