Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#10537208 10/07/15
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody stocking up for the election cycle?

I'm ordering the last of some pieces for a new build now and am really considering doing an SBR before things get crazy.

It seems like last time BCGs, lowers and magazines were the hot items. A few spare bolts, maybe one or two lowers should hold me just fine.

I know some frown on it, but I'm going to stock up on magazines for the craze purchasing that's coming. I don't consider it "gouging". Right now, everyone in the country knows that Hillary is running for president and that PMags are available for $10 each. If they don't have the foresight to buy now, then too bad for them. But I watched $10 PMags go for $100 apiece last time. Some folks sold enough to buy a new truck. I wouldn't mind flipping 100 PMags and then driving around in a decent used truck that they bought, or taking a family vacation for free.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Blue,

I hear what you are saying. Daughter and I finished an upper tonight, and I was just taking inventory for the next few builds.

In addition to cheap uppers and magazines, the barrel selection is improving as well. Both PSA and Anderson have the widest selection I've seen in some time, including one I've been waiting for. Time to start putting away a few extras each check.

I have to wonder where Oobie will attempt to strike with the new executive orders, and if it will spark another panic?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Blue, it is indeed a "buyers" market right now!
In my life, I've seen 4 periods where guns, ammo, & hi-cap mags went through the roof. First was the Brady Bill / Assault weapon ban, next was immediately after 9/11, then when Obama won his first election, and the last big one was when the Sandy Hook school shooting occurred.

During all those major events, I was employed in the Wholesale Firearms Industry. And I saw prices double & triple on guns, ammo, and mag prices that I would have never believed!!!
Also saw ammo shortages of .223 / .556 and .22 lr and 22 mag and even 9mm and .380 ammo was nearly impossible to find & purchase.

If the 2016 Election goes sideways, and Hillary gets elected, or God help us all, if Biden should win, or just one more big shooting / school massacre you can bet your last dollar that we will see another big rush to buy every AR15 and every type of ammo & hi-cap mag off the Dealer's shelfs.

Personally, I'm working on getting two SBR's right now and at least 2 more suppressors before the Election heats up. I'm also buying a "few" more standard AR-15 M-4 Carbines to stash away at the Ranch. I've already got a ton of ammo & hi-caps right now, but that damn sure won't keep me from buying a bunch more before its all said and done. My advise is to buy what you can now while the prices are good! If we are right, you'll be glad you did! If we are wrong, we will just have a lot more toys! wink

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/07/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I hear them talking about ammunition as well. You cannot have a honest discussion about this subject, they just "know" they are right.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
jimmyp, thanks for the laugh. Yeah, liberal logic rings true again. Funny chit.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Blue, where are you seeing Pmags for $10?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
prudent buying is not wrong. anyone that doesn't recognize the threat of zero issuing draconian orders is not thinking.
just bought 22 ammo at prices I never expected to pay, but if zero causes another panic they may be cheap.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Back in 2007 I had another shooter ask me why I had over 60 AR mags still in the wrap. Then Obama was elected. I didn't sell any for $100, but they made for great trading material.

My stash is back up to 60+ again. Unless they are outlawed and confiscated, they will continue make for great trading material.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

I know some frown on it, but I'm going to stock up on magazines for the craze purchasing that's coming. I don't consider it "gouging". Right now, everyone in the country knows that Hillary is running for president and that PMags are available for $10 each. If they don't have the foresight to buy now, then too bad for them.

I agree 100% the same person that says gouging will not offer to sell you their apple stock for what they bought it for in 19xx
I tied up the $$$ I stored it and moved it I didnt but a (fill in the blank) because I did buy an AR or a (fill in the blank)

Thats not saying that if I had a friend that needed some 22 for his kid I wouldnt help but...

I dont want to live in a world I cant offer a drink of water to a thirsty human but I aint gonna fill your pool.

I just wonder if I will ever have enough It doesnt seem that way

Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 10/09/15.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Recently I found a nice used Glock 17 2nd gen
Its was a bargin if I could find a couple more bargin 17s I would be all over them
At the time I knew it was a good deal tomorrow it maybe better
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Blue, where are you seeing Pmags for $10?

Brownells has 10 packs for $108.something.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thanks to this thread, I remembered I sold 10 or 12 tan Pmags a while back and never did replace them. I ordered 10 20's and 10 30's from Brownells just this morning.

Not going to resale them but mags are expendable. Living through the 94 ban, I will always have an ample stash of magazines and spare parts.

I looked at a Colt 6720 yesterday and figure one day it would easily double in price but I just couldn't lay down the cash knowing I had no need for it and would just put it back hoping to double my money.

Right now guns, ammo, components and parts are readily available and if someone waits until they ban them again, then they deserve to pay through the nose.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks, Travis. I'll check that out. I've got a box full of Colt mags, but not many Pmags. Can't ever have too many.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Anybody stocking up for the election cycle?

I call it "maintaining inventory."

C
C
Oh boy, let's all panic again.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Thanks, Travis. I'll check that out. I've got a box full of Colt mags, but not many Pmags. Can't ever have too many.

I like the standard Brownells/GI's better than anything but the Pmags sell for cheapest these days and seem to be the most desirable amongst... ummmm.... people that don't have any mags.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have about 40 or 50 GI 20's and a few 30's that I'm saving for hard times. The Pmags get used and abused.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
It's definitely a good time to buy if you need something. Does anyone know a source for cheap Magpul followers for the aluminum GI mags?

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Checked Brownells, but they were back up to $135/10 Pmags. Checked around and Selway Armory had them for $10.99/mag. Picked up 8 because that's all they were showing available. Delivery TMD was $12.14. Not too bad. Everywhere else I checked was $13.50 all the way up to $19 a mag.

Probably never open these. I've got about 50 Colt mags.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
$99 for a 10 pack of Gen3s.

And followers for $2 each.

https://dsgarms.com/rifle-platforms-ar15-mags-components?pagesize=36

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (44mc, 2UP, 300jimmy, 1eyedmule, 35, 257 mag, 11 invisible), 1,343 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,272
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.