Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
I thought several of the lines, scenes, were pretty good.
1. I thought the burial thing was silly, the buzzards got to eat too.
2. I keep thinking a ruger 10/22 and a half dozen 50 round mags with a snuffer can would take care of most issues.
3. I like rick's comments that some of the survivors "get it" as to what they have to become, others just have to die.
4. I wonder what they use for laundry soap given they seem to run around with the critters blood/guts all over them.
4. The redheaded guy had a great line about picking a guy's blown up brains out of his ears.
5. I wonder why every episode they don't have one of those kbar knives strapped to a pole to finish off the walking dead. Like a pig sticker for hunting boar. Sure would keep the clothes cleaner.

No longer have cable TV so gonna sign up for this on some channel that shows AMC on the Roku box. Can't miss my Walking Dead! wink

#2 and #5 are things I've thought about for a while. Hell, it's Georgia (or now VA) they're going to find .22 ammo in every farm house. And a screwdriver blade stuck into the end of a 3 foot long wooden handle from a rake would be something I'd never be without.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12
The back and forth between black and white was to separate past(between the end of last episode and now) and current.

Personally I thought the burying of bodies to be significant, to me it represents the struggle to save some form of morality while facing a complete breakdown of society...

rick was aluding to it, you have to become a savage if you are to survive, there is no society as it once was.

Righr, and Rick knows that, but I think he is struggling to accept that while that may be practically logical, those folks who were in Alexandria before he don't understand that concept and I think he knows that trying to lead by always using violence of action won't last long

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
couple of years ago, i took a tender grandson elk hunting, and we both killed an elk. He hadn't ever seen this before.
I did the same on both, his and mine, got a cup of coffee, and watched him gut both animals. I did help some with the skinning when he got them up in a tree. To his credit, he didn't balk or hesitate.
I told him i could do it, but better he did it, cause him watching me do it would never be the same as him doing it. And he had to get past it to realize where that steak was coming from.
Kind of stuff every boy i think in my age group knew, being use to skinning bunnies etc as a kid.
But a lot of kids have no clue today, much less the adults.
Translated, you got to git er done.
There would be no discussion of morality on my part in this situation. You hesitate you are lost. And shouldn't be able to pass along the genetics.
Walking dead is a comic strip but it does bring out those things that are not often thought about.
There are some people that just could not revert back to the savage that is in each of us, and they most certainly would die.
I should add, i didn't see them stick that cry baby that got bit towards the end. Hope somebody gave him the icepick.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 10/12/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I thought several of the lines, scenes, were pretty good.
1. I thought the burial thing was silly, the buzzards got to eat too.
2. I keep thinking a ruger 10/22 and a half dozen 50 round mags with a snuffer can would take care of most issues.
3. I like rick's comments that some of the survivors "get it" as to what they have to become, others just have to die.
4. I wonder what they use for laundry soap given they seem to run around with the critters blood/guts all over them.
4. The redheaded guy had a great line about picking a guy's blown up brains out of his ears.
5. I wonder why every episode they don't have one of those kbar knives strapped to a pole to finish off the walking dead. Like a pig sticker for hunting boar. Sure would keep the clothes cleaner.

No longer have cable TV so gonna sign up for this on some channel that shows AMC on the Roku box. Can't miss my Walking Dead! wink

#2 and #5 are things I've thought about for a while. Hell, it's Georgia (or now VA) they're going to find .22 ammo in every farm house. And a screwdriver blade stuck into the end of a 3 foot long wooden handle from a rake would be something I'd never be without.

that ruku box is both a blessing and a salvation. I have found a gillion good movies and series i never saw on regular t.v. I blew a lot of this weekend watching some marvel superhero, destroy the bad guys. walking dead is on there, as to prior episodes. I think you can buy the subscription for the current year through netflix.
as to the knife thing, my favorite grandson is in the air farce. He was at some survival school in the sierra nevadas a few years ago, and other than having to kill/skin/eat a bunny, they were making tools/weapons. Old hat too him being around me. One of the first things i bought him was a pilot survival fixed blade knife, and some paracord to make a spear.
Some of the people in the class as i remember had a real issue with the bunny thing. I told him they just weren't hungry enough.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 10/12/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
couple of years ago, i took a tender grandson elk hunting, and we both killed an elk. He hadn't ever seen this before.
I did the same on both, his and mine, got a cup of coffee, and watched him gut both animals. I did help some with the skinning when he got them up in a tree. To his credit, he didn't balk or hesitate.
I told him i could do it, but better he did it, cause him watching me do it would never be the same as him doing it. And he had to get past it to realize where that steak was coming from.
Kind of stuff every boy i think in my age group knew, being use to skinning bunnies etc as a kid.
But a lot of kids have no clue today, much less the adults.
Translated, you got to git er done.
There would be no discussion of morality on my part in this situation. You hesitate you are lost. And shouldn't be able to pass along the genetics.
Walking dead is a comic strip but it does bring out those things that are not often thought about.
There are some people that just could not revert back to the savage that is in each of us, and they most certainly would die.
I should add, i didn't see them stick that cry baby that got bit towards the end. Hope somebody gave him the icepick.
I pretty much agree. I think most folks get several chances on doing hard things. But at some point, you gotta do the hard thing or it don't get done. That or somebody else carries your water. There are a lot of folks with their water being carried for them in this country right now.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Someone mentioned above that every time he sees them use a knife to finish off a walker, the thought occurs "why don't they get/fashion a spear for that?" I have that same thought every time, too. There's a reason spears were the number one infantry weapon for thousands of years, even more so than the sword. At this late date in the zombie apocalypse, there's no excuse for not realizing their extreme usefulness in their predicament. Producers, are you listening?

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
I thought it was an excellent start.

The horn is from that group of W ass holes.

Travis

I too felt it was an excellent start. Talking Dead showed this teaser for next week. Could she be the horn blower??

No clue as to what JSS could mean.

The second sneak peek, which was released during “Talking Dead” Sunday night, hints at what the episode 2 title might be referring to. The clip features Enid (Katelyn Nacon), the sneaky teen who hangs out with Carl. She kills a walker that is hanging out of a car and climbs into the vehicle. She writes the letters “JSS” on the dirty window.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm still watching TWD on a trial basis. Next episode with blatant homo scheet and I'm out. But I thought this episode was great. I just wish they'd explain WTF they're going to do with the walkers. i.e. where are they leading them? Why not just reinforce the walls around the quarry and let it fill, then get rid of a pile at once?

I'm stilll pulling for Michonne Obongo to to get waxed. It's nice to see Rick back in badass mode.

MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
my son asked why they didn't fill up a truck with a homemade fertilizer bomb and roll ito down into the quarry and blow it up. Afterall, they went to a tractor store and certainly fertilizer was not the first thing to jump off the shelves at the lawn and garden shop.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The Quarry looked like a target rich prairie dog colony to me...

NRA Life Member
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Well Rick said they needed to be trained and ready.

That ought to do it.

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I'm still watching TWD on a trial basis. Next episode with blatant homo scheet and I'm out. But I thought this episode was great. I just wish they'd explain WTF they're going to do with the walkers. i.e. where are they leading them? Why not just reinforce the walls around the quarry and let it fill, then get rid of a pile at once?

I'm stilll pulling for Michonne Obongo to to get waxed. It's nice to see Rick back in badass mode.

According to the Producers this is the season of heart breaks and Rick becoming the ultimate badazzzz.

Again, "the writers" said they were leading the walkers 20 miles away to Oxon Hill. MD, which is across the big bridge and the Potomac away from Alexandria. Guessing that pied piper trek will continue. Having lived there it makes some sense. Unless of course someone lays on a horn. laugh

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

So do we just wait until someone goes and gets the semi from the pit and drives around town honking and leading them out of town...

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

So do we just wait until someone goes and gets the semi from the pit and drives around town honking and leading them out of town...

That or go buy the comics and get ahead of the show as they appear to be back on-track with the original playwright.

Think I will wait 'cos I LOVE watching un-dead zombies eating stupid living zombies!! grin

If you want the spoiler just hit the big G! wink

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I got the black and white vs color, past present deal. But overall I still say it kinda sucked. I'm sure it leading up to a great episode but it was a slseper.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Or you were sleeping!?? Has to be it! wink

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rick is becoming the Governor, with out, maybe, the psycho stuff. Who knows. Lori could call him again.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It would take some hard choices to live in such an environment. TWD is just another teevee comedy, but all it would take is the A-rabs setting off a couple of nukes or an EMP event. The zombies are here already, they just haven't started trying to eat brains.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I just wish they'd explain WTF they're going to do with the walkers. i.e. where are they leading them?

Nothing worse than waiting until the end of a movie to see what happens at the end of a movie.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Got interested a few years ago. Started watching all the episodes after Rick gave the Kris Kristofferson looking guy the Colombian necktie with his teeth. The end of last season was good, wondering how much more damage the two W forehead guys are going to do before all life is precious Morgan gets called out for not killing them when he had the chance. Would like to find a sword like Michonne's someday, I don't remember seeing it sharpened yet, must be pretty good steel...

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 12344mag, 45 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.