Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
more lesbian crap
Glenn is evidently really dead
Carl has turned into a metrosexual pussy
Carol must be in treatment
Rick's miracle escape from the hoard has to be the lamest plot device yet
When Rick's new little friend asked in that simpering voice for shooting instructions, he pulled that big Python, unloaded it, and with a brisk wrist flick, slammed the cylinder shut. I winced at that point. Damn, treating a multi thousand tool that way. Geez.

Sam......

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
more lesbian crap
When Rick's new little friend asked in that simpering voice for shooting instructions, he pulled that big Python, unloaded it, and with a brisk wrist flick, slammed the cylinder shut. I winced at that point. Damn, treating a multi thousand tool that way. Geez.
The Python is just a second-rate .357 at that point. Must be plenty of superior 686's just laying around waiting to be pried out of cold, dead hands.

The biters ate Glen. If not, then the producers did a damned good job of faking, faking it. They had his guts out as he laid there screaming with them swarming all over him it looked like.

I would've dumped that Python a couple of years back and went with something with more firepower.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 375fan
Originally Posted by viking
It appears Rick is going to tap the blonde.

After her he can go "comfort" Maggie since Glenn is gone.

This episode sucked for the most part. Has anyone figured out how Rick got out of the RV surrounded by walkers?
Good point.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The Python is Rick's signature, but yes, he needs to put it up and strap on a Glock 17 with a 33 round stick mag.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Remember that God awful show The Dukes of Hazard and the way they scripted the cliffhangers? And after the commercial break, instead of something amazing taking place, they'd just turn left, or turn right, or apply the brakes?

That's what I was reminded of when Rick came strolling back to town.

Lame.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A pretty accurate recap/evaluation of last night's episode here:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...d-recap-season-6-episode-5-now/75435368/

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
damn, that review makes it seem even worse than it was. Thanks. shocked

Sam......

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by seal_billy
My nit i have to pick is they get zombie blood all over from head to toe, eyes, mouth, you name it. They could screw a zombie bare back and they would be perfectly fine,they never turn, but if a zombie even scratches them they're doomed. Wth

Kinda the same risk doing MissLynn bareback.
smirk laugh laugh laugh

Working for dad in office supply
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
btt

Working for dad in office supply
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
more lesbian crap

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Assume a thousand zombies outside that wall. Find some long floor or ceiling joists and saw them into 2x2s, attach nails to the ends and start zombie gigging. Move your ladder when the pile gets too tall. Should take a few days.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
ummmmm...I actually didn't mind the lesbo action.

Bring it!! laugh

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc

Bring it!! laugh

that is just.............sick. lol laugh

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc

Bring it!! laugh

Only if it's hot lesbian chicks grin

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
Assume a thousand zombies outside that wall. Find some long floor or ceiling joists and saw them into 2x2s, attach nails to the ends and start zombie gigging. Move your ladder when the pile gets too tall. Should take a few days.

Exactly.

They're easy as pie to kill and they're only really dangerous when they gang up on someone or if they manage to sneak up on someone from behind. Basically it's hand to hand combat against an unskilled, slow, unorganized mob, so they need to take some cues from history about people who were good at that, like Roman soldiers. And even the Romans had to fight far more dangerous opponents.

Organize a phalanx of shields to hold them back - plywood and door or cabinet handles would work if you can't raid a police department for real riot shields. Any kind of poles from a 2x2, a shovel or rake handle would make good spears or if cut in half would make good one handed short range stabbers. The people in the 2nd and 3rd ranks would use their makeshift spears to reach over and through the first rank to help keep the weight of the masses off of the front rank, who would be using their 2-3' long stabbing weapons through the shield wall. With simple tactics perfected over 2000 years ago you could cut down a herd of walkers like a scythe through ripe wheat.

Dramatically I'd give the show a grade anywhere from an A to a C depending on the episode, but for tactical judgement I give them all a solid D- or even F.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yep, that's been a frustration of mine throughout the series too. Intelligent humans with any spunk at all could think of dozens of ways to eliminate huge numbers of these things. Even ancient battle tactics, as you say, would allow them to sweep through them with ease. I've often wondered why they're not all wearing mail armor by this point, for example.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jim,

If Rick et al eliminated the threat, there would be little reason for the show. laugh

Sam......

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by Bigfoot

Exactly.

They're easy as pie to kill and they're only really dangerous when they gang up on someone or if they manage to sneak up on someone from behind. Basically it's hand to hand combat against an unskilled, slow, unorganized mob, so they need to take some cues from history about people who were good at that, like Roman soldiers. And even the Romans had to fight far more dangerous opponents.

Organize a phalanx of shields to hold them back - plywood and door or cabinet handles would work if you can't raid a police department for real riot shields. Any kind of poles from a 2x2, a shovel or rake handle would make good spears or if cut in half would make good one handed short range stabbers. The people in the 2nd and 3rd ranks would use their makeshift spears to reach over and through the first rank to help keep the weight of the masses off of the front rank, who would be using their 2-3' long stabbing weapons through the shield wall. With simple tactics perfected over 2000 years ago you could cut down a herd of walkers like a scythe through ripe wheat.

Dramatically I'd give the show a grade anywhere from an A to a C depending on the episode, but for tactical judgement I give them all a solid D- or even F.

Sounds good but it seems like at some point the advancing line of defenders eventually would be tripping and falling down trying to climb over an ever growing slippery piles of slimy decomposing zombies.

I was wondering why they didn't try to lure them over the edge of that steep cliff or canyon or what ever it was back a few episodes ago.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
no. they don't climb. They stop at an obsticle. If they did not, they would just crush every building they run up against.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought about that myself. Not only would they be advancing over one long walker slip'n'slide but one of them might not have been stabbed properly and could bite an unsuspecting person on the leg as they advanced over the bodies.

The trick is to back up, not advance. Let the walkers trip over their own freshly killed finally dead bodies. The rest would just follow you along and keep refreshing the line of targets for you until there are no more. You could even get fancy and rotate the front rank every minute or so to keep them from getting too tired.

It's just a fantasy TV show which happened to hit it big so it doesn't have to follow every historian or ex-GI's view of how to fight in groups, but the whole sword and shield, close quarters combat thing has been worked out for millenia, no reason not to take advantage of that knowledge.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 117LBS, 63 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,273
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.