Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I had an outback that I drove for work 1 year. A lot of driving in the winter when I had no choice but to go, regardless of the weather.

Great cars on slick and icy roads. Not quite enough clearance to really get around if you have 8" or more of snow that hasn't been plowed yet. Some other issues have been mentioned already. Do your due diligence there.

I really liked the car as far as getting me where I needed to go. But, after driving it a lot for long extended trips, I had to shed it. The seats weren't that comfortable to me. This was one of the last of the old body styles. I believe newer ones have better seats. I would sure take it for a long test drive.

But as far as getting you around, they're pretty good.

Montana MOFO
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Not only do actual lesbians look like the heifers on the right, take your average woman with issues and kick it up 100 fold and you'll have the real deal.

You tellin' us to really keep our peepers open when we see a Subaru on the road? Many normal women have trouble driving...hard to imagine what those you mentioned have to be like behind the wheel.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alternate Lifestyle yuks have plagued Suburus and their owners for years. When one of our club's primary NRA instructors swapped her pickup for an Outback, I was right on it.

She claimed to have had no knowledge of such things - and she probably didn't? But I warned her to be on the lookout for husky wimmin winking at her now, during stops in traffic. My ribs hurt for days from the punch.

Recently two gunclub members swapped their 4x4 pickups for Outbacks. Told 'em I'm taking orders for rainbow decals, if they're interested in being "with it". The divorced one now claims to be a male lesbian. The other one's wife is pizzed at me.

smirk

They're tough little jitneys, but I'm never gonna give up my 4x4 pickemup. 20-22 highway is plenty good enough.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, one can always buy a Subaru and put a bumper sticker on the rear that reads, "I drive a lesbaru, but I am straight."

Problem solved smile

Last edited by Ray; 09/23/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ray
Well, one can always buy a Subaru and put a bumper sticker on the rear that reads, "I drive a lesbaru, but I am straight."

Problem solved smile
Is that a guaranteed way to get girls?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
great cars. But you will want more room if you are 6'5.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
79inpa Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
interesting I think that the Subaru foresters have great head room.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
The Subaru Forester and Subaru Outback are widely recognized as the most popular vehicles for Lesbians

Google it

Hence the name "Lesbaru" and "Subaru driver" to describe a carpet muncher

wink

That explains a weird thing I saw at Home Depot the other day. Two ladies were loading the back of a Subaru clear full of lumber, and it was all tongue and groove.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 79inpa
interesting I think that the Subaru foresters have great head....(edited).

That's why they are so popular....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Subaru is now owned by Toyota, and many think the build quality of the vehicles have dropped somewhat..

That said they are very popular over here and seem to be reasonably reliable other than what already been mentioned.

We also get them with the boxxer diesel engine and again, the seem to be well liked.

I have ridden in a few and at a shade over 6' 1" I have never felt cramped and always had plenty of head room..

I had an older petrol Subaru a few years back and I used to suprise people where I took it..Eventually tin wormed killed it in the months after a river crossing was deeper than I anticipated; apparently its not good when the bow wave goes up over the hood! lol Still got it accross, although I think it was only firing on 2 cylinders for a while afterwards...

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pete E
Subaru is now owned by Toyota, and many think the build quality of the vehicles have dropped somewhat..

That said they are very popular over here and seem to be reasonably reliable other than what already been mentioned.

We also get them with the boxxer diesel engine and again, the seem to be well liked.

I have ridden in a few and at a shade over 6' 1" I have never felt cramped and always had plenty of head room..

I had an older petrol Subaru a few years back and I used to suprise people where I took it..Eventually tin wormed killed it in the months after a river crossing was deeper than I anticipated; apparently its not good when the bow wave goes up over the hood! lol Still got it accross, although I think it was only firing on 2 cylinders for a while afterwards...
Most Subarus aren't properly set up for water skiing. The pitch on the prop isn't right.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a young friend who lives in Montana and hunts elk there, and in Idaho, just about every year. He does it all in an 8-year-old Forester, even sleeping in it most nights. (He says that it's warmer than his backpacking tents). He has taken me (in my 4WD trucks) to some of his favorite places and, believe me, they are pretty damned far off the beaten path.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
new Subarus come equipped with a tampon string standard

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Pete E

Most Subarus aren't properly set up for water skiing. The pitch on the prop isn't right.

A river had flooded out over a stretch of road and surrounding farm land..I could see the correct line I needed to stay on the road, but wasn't 100& how deep it was..

I thought the electrics were shorting out as my headlights started to dim, but then realised it was the bow wave coming up over them and breaking on the bonnet!

Like the headlights, I was less than bright, but managed to limp through the 100 yards or so of flooding..A Shogun that was in front drowned when the driver stalled..I can still see the look on his face when I edged around him at 2mph and continued onwards, engine misfiring as I went! lol blush

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ray

Problem solved smile

I'm curious how this would fly in passive-aggressive Portland, where coward eco-loonies leave unsigned notes calling VW TDI drivers Nazis, not to mention the large population of alternative lifestyle and lefty types.

I briefly thought about getting a Forester, as a 60 mile round trip commute and 13MPG are killing me, but since I'm 6'6" and 330 pounds, maybe I should keep looking....

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had one as a rental in Fairbanks last week, and as much as I hate to admit it, I liked it... a lot. Had plenty of leg and headroom for my 6'3"; I liked the layout and power; handled the snow dump with no problems. Made me want to hit on lesbians.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I bought an Outback, its a 1996 with a 2.5 L back in November 2013! I kind of like the dam thing, yea mine got some issues that I been working thru but its also a 20 year old car! Fairly easy to work on, and I been doing a lot of wrenching on it myself! Never did before, due to my current economic condition its become a must! I would think the newer ones would have gotten the Head Gasket problems solved! But with not very good tires, I put new ones on this past spring, I have not gotten stuck the pass winter at all and my road is that last road they clean off and not to good, very steep grade! I like the car enough to have spend money on it fixing things- fuel milage around 19 to 20 banging around, not great but not all that bad either. I didn't know anything about them before I bought it, would I buy another, now that I know what to look for and expect, yea I think I would! A well cared for 2006 or 2007 would be about right for me and my pocket book!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gmsemel
Well I bought an Outback, its a 1996 with a 2.5 L back in November 2013! I kind of like the dam thing, yea mine got some issues that I been working thru but its also a 20 year old car! Fairly easy to work on, and I been doing a lot of wrenching on it myself! Never did before, due to my current economic condition its become a must! I would think the newer ones would have gotten the Head Gasket problems solved! But with not very good tires, I put new ones on this past spring, I have not gotten stuck the pass winter at all and my road is that last road they clean off and not to good, very steep grade! I like the car enough to have spend money on it fixing things- fuel milage around 19 to 20 banging around, not great but not all that bad either. I didn't know anything about them before I bought it, would I buy another, now that I know what to look for and expect, yea I think I would! A well cared for 2006 or 2007 would be about right for me and my pocket book!

If you like the Outback, I suspect you would like the Forester even more..

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
before even buying you would not fit in.

i m the size as you and cant get in unless the 2016 is roomier ...

add winter boots and it will be worse ....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

231 members (12344mag, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 338reddog, 300jimmy, 2UP, 25 invisible), 1,686 guests, and 892 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,598
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.